Actual quote from Guest...

jt04

:ROFLOL:

Something I heard yesterday at DL:
This couple was explaining the FastPass system to another couple:
"You put your ticket in the slot..."
"How much does it cost?"
"It's free"

I know it's not uncommon for people to think that, but it still surprises me that some think it costs money...

Yeah, where would they get the idea something costs money at DL?:lol:

CThaddeus

Since I worked at Disneyland, most of my remarks come from there:

Guest: Where's Magic Mountain?
Me: Did you mean Space Mountain, maybe?
Guest: No, MAGIC MOUNTAIN.
Me: Well, Magic Mountain is another park about an hour north on the 5 freeway. Are you sure it wasn't Splash Mountain?
Guest: No, Magic Mountain. Are you deaf?
Me: I'm afraid we don't have a Magic Mountain at Disneyland. We have Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain. We also have a mountain called the Matterhorn.
Guest: Thanks anyway.
The guest then started to walk away, saying to his wife, "I'll just ask someone else."

This one is actually from a friend of mine:
Guest: Where do they sell Pepsi?
Friend: We only carry Coke at Disneyland.
Guest: You must sell Pepsi somewhere.
Friend: You might want to try Fantasyland.
(okay, it was a bit mean, but some people just won't listen)

Where's the Autotopia?
Where's the Haunted House?
Where's the Tram Tour with the Jaws thing?
Where can I get a beer? (this one really used to irk me)
Where's Star Wars?

Guest: I have a Triple A card. Do I get a discount?
Me: Sorry, right now there aren't any discounts on passports.
Guest: What about the Entertainment Card?

Me: The line over there is shorter if you'd like.
Guest: If I move over there I'll lose my place in line.

EPCOT.nut

One night in World Showcase a man pointed to a distant storm cloud and said, in the thickest southern drawl I've ever heard (and I'm from the south!), "Thar's fireworks comin' outa that thar cloud!":brick:

:ROFLOL:I wonder if I am going to be quoted here. My DH and I say really stupid stuff all the time in the Parks, and sometimes on purpose because we thought they were funny and had to share.

Once I was looking for Raglan Road in EPCOT - I thought it was a new place they put in World Showcase near England. Yeah that was 2006. So I asked a CM and they very politely told me it was in Downtown Disney. I was really confused! (Obviously - :veryconfu)

:lol:

lorenita

oh this is so funny!. you should hear what my family say!, i´ve heard lots of things but in spanish and translating them in english is not the same :(
and there´s this city in mexico, where(i dont want to sound rude or anything) pple is really stupid, they have this signs on the street that say : se pintan casas a domicilio, that mean, well i dont know the exact translation so i explain it, it means that thay go to your house(like when u order a pizza, and they go and give it to you at your house) and paint it, LIKE if your house was removable !

Reccyman

Whilst at Epcot last visit I was waiting in line for a beer in Germany. In front of me were a young couple, the girl asked for a "Heineken". I couldn't help myself and pointed out that Heineken was Dutch, and brewed in Holland. The girl, who wasn't very impressed, asked the CM "where about in Germany is Holland"? :shrug: Her boyfriend looked at me and smiled!

hack2112

that happened to me a couple of times....i've kicked some people off the tram because...well these people were walking in the tram lane and the driver was honking at them, i was telling them they needed to move completely outside of the lane so that they wouldnt get hit but they didnt, and we had to stop because there was a tram still at the load zone and when we were clear to start moving again they tryed to get on but i told them they couldnt because they wouldnt move out of the lane, of course when we drove past they satrting cussing and saying this wouldnt happen at universal :lol:
Of course not, Universal has a giant parking garage! :p

wdwmomof3

Years ago when I was a little girl on our very first trip to Disney World, my sweet little grandmother, Nanny, and all of us were waiting to ride the boat back to the TTC after a great day. She was scared to death of water. She was even scared to ride It's a Small World for fear of the boat sinking. Anyway, she stood there on the dock and said " this boat ride isn't so bad, I can hardly feel it moving". Bless her sweet little heart, but we still laugh about it today and I always think of her saying that each time we go.

DisneyPirate85

While standing in line at Haunted Mansion:

Wife: "What did you say?"

Husband (in wheelchair) *#@ Grumble*%&

Wife: "Honey, You can be RIGHT, or you can be HAPPY, your choice."

LOL my wife and I use it all the time now.....we all got a GREAT laugh, unfortunately he didn't.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

redfarmer06

So this isn't really a quote, but I thought I'd share it here because I think you all could relate a little bit...

A year ago from this week, my dad and I were out at Disney for a short trip during the Marathon Weekend (I'd be running in the P&P 5K and Half). Anyway, one day we were at the MK and were getting on the TTA. In front of us was a little boy and girl, obviously siblings, about 5 and 7 years old (Mom and Dad were probably sitting, getting some water in tomorrowland). In front of the pair was a family of three...well *clears throat* rather large people.

Anyway, we were on the conveyor on our way up to the loading point for TTA. As we got to the top of the conveyor, the "large" people decided to stop right at the top while the conveyor continued forward. The little kids realized what was going on and started backing up because they didn't want to run into these people, backing up right into my dad and I. Once we realized what was going on (without saying a word or looking at each other), we realized we needed to do something or we would be making a little kid sandwich with the people on top (and someone was bound to get hurt). There were also people behind us. My dad was on the left side of the conveyor and I was on the right. Now, remember, we were near the top of the belt. My dad hops over the left side of the escalator, landing on the platform at the top. I, however, leap over the right side of the platform. Unbeknownst to me, there was no platform where I jumped over for about another five or six feet and the ground was twenty feet below me. For some odd reason, though, my left leg got caught on the railing and I ended up straddling the railing as it carried me up another five feet before I finally was able to get my leg over the railing and onto the platform. The people behind me were yelling "What the H***" before they realized what was going on at the top of the conveyor. They yelled to the people who had stopped (while the children were still backing up), "Move!" and the people finally realized what was going on. Everyone ended up safe and unhurt, and we were able to ride the TTA with no further problems (keep in mind that this event happened in the span of about seven seconds...)

Just thought I'd share this exciting experience with all of you who will understand and be able to relate!

PintoColvig

So what's the difference between the "south" and "deep south"? Is it shoes vs. no shoes? Or is it "he has a cousin" vs. "he married his cousin"? Just wondering. :rolleyes:

I would think that deep South and South should be seperated by Geography?? :lookaroun And the last I checked there was more of that in the upper North. Have you been to Maine??? *shudders*
Really hope that it makes you feel better about yourself though, ya know.. tuh genurlize bout uz suthern peeple. :shrug: :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
As a Southerner, I am with you. I was offended by the slam on the South and was attempting to show how silly it was. Hence the :rolleyes: (rolling of eyes) at the end of my post. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough. :wave:

And sorry to reply to something posted so long ago but since this thread has been revived and I previously missed seeing your post, I thought I'd reply.

Now, back to the show!

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
As I was a CM on Main Street (working the carts just past the train station tunnel) - many many many years back -

I was totally suprised by how many people would ask me...

"Ok - we just saw the Castle from the boat (or Monorail) - where did it go?" They had just come from under the train station tunnel and hadn't gotten all the way onto Main Street yet - I would lead them about the 10-20 ft either just past the Emporium or (back then) the Camera Shop.
Many times - it was "ahhh - they put it back!"
I would just shake my head...and smile.

Sooooo many times - people sitting on the curb waiting for the - yesssss - 3PM parade.

them -What are all these people waiting for
Me - The Mickey Mania parade
Them - What's that
Me - the daily 3PM parade
them - What time does it start
Me - 3PM
them - what time is it now
Me - 3PM
them - I don't see anything

Like it was just supposed to Magicly appear at 3PM.

(of course I would then explain about how it steps off in Frontier Land and so and so forth and pull out the map to show the route - laughing on the inside the whole time)

imamouse

PintoColvig - You forgot to "bless her heart" :animwink:

For those not from the south - all slams in the south are forgiven if proceeded by or followed with blessing of the offending subject's heart. It means that person doesn't know better so their rude remark or actions should be overlooked.

Chape19714

This happened recently about 2 weeks ago:

Guest: Where can I find Christmas Plaid PJs?
Me: I'm sorry sir, we are out of stock for this season.
*Walks away mad*
Guest (to his friend): They're not out, he's just too lazy to go get more.
:mad:

The things people say.

PintoColvig

PintoColvig - You forgot to "bless her heart" :animwink:

For those not from the south - all slams in the south are forgiven if proceeded by or followed with blessing of the offending subject's heart. It means that person doesn't know better so their rude remark or actions should be overlooked.

So true!

Bless your heart. :kiss:

PintoColvig

Okay, I just remembered one...

I was doing the child swap thing at Indiana Jones (at DL) and while waiting for my wife to return from the ride I was sitting on the rocks just outside the exit of the attraction. There was a kid (age 5-ish) who was hopping on the rocks around me (quite annoying by the way). His mom kept scolding him and repeatedly told him to sit down. Finally, she said, "If you fall and break your legs, don't come running to me!" Classic.

sleepybear

Anyway, we were on the conveyor on our way up to the loading point for TTA. As we got to the top of the conveyor, the "large" people decided to stop right at the top while the conveyor continued forward.

This is one of the most annoying things I see at WDW. People just stopping when they reach the top of the escalator or the end of a conveyor belt, completely oblivious to the dozens of other guests coming up behind them. It makes getting to Soarin' a complete nightmare.

Now, to my quote. The Oasis in Animal Kingdom. We're looking at the wallaby exhibit when a mom and her daughter arrive.

Mom: Look, it's a bear.
Girl: (Reading the sign) No, it's a wallaby.
Mom: That's what I said. It's a wallabear.

bsandersjr

Heard this one at EPCOT on Tuesday....

This is what I heard a mother telling her child in front Italy at World Showcase:

"Move over so I can get your picture with the big silver ball in the background"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom