A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

baymenxpac

I know it's played down, but getting Bob to admit he sacrificed a Chinese Disney channel for SDR is a big deal. If this park has trouble, Wall St will be down his throat on this.

yup, and that's the type of information extraction good reporters can get from even highly-guarded interview subjects like bob, especially when the reporter doesn't care whether they have access to a park or not.

barboza is a chinese-based business reporter. if he can't get a cupcake at SDR, he doesn't care. he wants the story.

we've had so many debates over how media (and brand advocate) coverage affects the narrative around the company. this is a clear-cut picture in the different between letting the trained professional do his job, and the mommy bloggers [sell] themselves out for perks.

brb1006

For those that missed the stream for Shanghai Disney. Disney just uploaded the entire thing on it's Youtube channel.

skip to mark 25:32 for where it begins.

DisneyDrum

Live stream of the Shanghai Disney Resort grand opening gala.

Ceremony starts at 25 minutes in. Pretty impressive production, with custom music throughout. I think the US parks could learn from this-every Disney show doesn't need to include a million characters and rehashes of songs and video from every Disney movie. Custom and unique content makes shows more interesting.

Mike S

And most of us will never ride this version of pirates unless they build it or something similar here.
Well we do have Avatar coming and it's been said that the boat ride could be like that but on a much smaller scale. I also remember @marni1971 saying to expect the Star Wars Battle Attraction to use very similar tech just without water. For both companies it seems that screens are the future. They just have to do it really well.

the.dreamfinder

Shanghai Disneyland Phase 2: What we know
  • Alice in Wonderland E-Ticket based on the 2009 live-action Tim Burton film for Fantasyland
  • Clone of Expedition Everest for Adventureland (new subland?)
  • Marvel E-Ticket using the ride platform for DCA's proposed Captain America E-Ticket in Tomorrowland
Have I missed anything?
(And no, the $800 million won't be paying for Phase 2)

Last edited:

brb1006

Ceremony starts at 25 minutes in. Pretty impressive production, with custom music throughout. I think the US parks could learn from this-every Disney show doesn't need to include a million characters and rehashes of songs and video from every Disney movie. Custom and unique content makes shows more interesting.
WDW didn't do anything like that since the opening of Epcot

Last edited:

Nmoody1

Just out of curiosity, did you take the metro to the resort? If so, how long would you say it took you to get from the station to DisneyTown?

Yes we took the metro from people's sq. That took 45 minutes. From the actual resort station to Disneytown it was a 5 minute walk. Past the main entrance. They have a massive holding area set up at the side of the park (between mickey Ave and roaring rapids) with rows and rows of queuing space... it could be a long morning! Speakers are set up, so I guess the dedication will be played in this area?

Donaldfan1934

Shanghai Disneyland Phase 2: What we know
  • Alice in Wonderland E-Ticket based on the 2009 live-action Tim Burton film for Fantasyland
  • Clone of Expedition Everest for Adventureland (new subland?)
  • Marvel E-Ticket using the ride platform for DCA's proposed Captain America E-Ticket in Tomorrowland
Have I missed anything?
(And no, the $800 million won't be paying for Phase 2)
I wonder if the Tim Burton Alice ride will be canned considering that the sequel's box office results have been less than stellar even on the international front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom