A Captain EO revival to honor M.J.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcard

I believe you are pretty ignorant for honoring a man that was a criminal and a pedophile. How can you honor him and not all the other pedophiles his just one of the many out there and yet you all honor him. I understand that people loved his music, but there are victims out there. So to call me immature for not supporting a sick human being is pretty ignorant on your part. Just keep idolizing a man who beat the system and bought his way out of trouble, just remember he wont buy his way out of justice now:fork:

Are you serious? With a username of rkelly? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

On June 6, 2002, Kelly was indicted on 21 counts of having sexual intercourse with a minor. These were later reduced to soliciting a minor for child ography, for which he was acquitted on June 13, 2008.[20]

it should be noted that he was aquitted (just like Michael Jackson)...

Stop throwing stones, moron.

WDWmazprty

On June 6, 2002, Kelly was indicted on 21 counts of having sexual intercourse with a minor. These were later reduced to soliciting a minor for child ography, for which he was acquitted on June 13, 2008.[20]

Hmmmm....touche.:lookaroun

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Id like to see it back,not for the sake of Michael Jackson's passing only because Id be bandwagon jumping lol,but rather for nostalgic purposes. Tho if it were to happen theyd have to keep it hush hush with very little to no advertising of its return,because if they make it a huge event like they do with most events,chances are the general public and media will look at it as nothing more than a way to capitalize on his passing

Tater48

Talk about throwing stones. Are YOU Kidding Me? Go down to your local courthouse and sit through a few of those child molestation cases and watch what happens. Watch the defense attorneys attack the 4, 5, or 6 year old child like he/she was the one on trial. Watch the judge acquit the defendant because the 4,5,or 6 year old is scared to death to make a statement. Learn the difference between an acquittal and a finding of not guilty. He was acquitted, he was NOT found not guilty. There just wasn't enough compelling evidence at the time.

biggiedisney123

I didn't even notice the rkelly connection, but, well played, sir....well played.

hardcard

Talk about throwing stones. Are YOU Kidding Me? Go down to your local courthouse and sit through a few of those child molestation cases and watch what happens. Watch the defense attorneys attack the 4, 5, or 6 year old child like he/she was the one on trial. Watch the judge acquit the defendant because the 4,5,or 6 year old is scared to death to make a statement. Learn the difference between an acquittal and a finding of not guilty. He was acquitted, he was NOT found not guilty. There just wasn't enough compelling evidence at the time.

Not defending the man... Just defeating the hypocrisy in the posts above!

Mr Toad

Even if the allegations were true (which none of us will ever know, we can only speculate) about MJ, he was still the most important and influential artist of the last 40 years. No one can argue that. Yes, his life was tragic in a way. Yes, he was a humanitarian who helped children around the world. Remember him for the good things he did as an artist and a humanitarian, not for allegations.

rkelly42

Well you know get some facts straight with the name before you go doing that now. That guy is a criminal and pedophile as well so at least now I know you agree with me on michael jackson then, otherwise you would be a hipocrite. And the name calling thing is getting real old grow up.

rkelly42

Seeing that this forum is getting out of control I just want to say that everyone is entitled to their opinions. I do not argue with anyone saying anything about his talent. I agrue with the fact about his personal life and what it stands for and that I do not believe Disney should or wants to get involved in that P.R nightmare. Simple as that all of you that want to attack me for stating my opinion fine but I have a right to it as you do your own.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
If EO was considered a classic example of his work, I'd vote yes.

Other than the curiosity or 80's nostalgia aspect, I don't think it really does much for his memory to put EO back out there. I don't know that I would leave the theater feeling his greatness from that show (others may). Even technically, the 3D is very soft by today's standards, but maybe that is the only way to feel physically "close" to him, so in one way that's an argument to show it. Maybe the best one. Would it appear exploitive for the company to jump on this and put it out there? Maybe do the EL Cap and donate the money to his kids.

In any event, many would agree it's just not his best work. It would be like bringing back "Willow" to honor George Lucas when Star Wars is out there. His videos like Bad, Smooth Criminal, Billy Jean, Thriller, and many more etc. are amazing evidence and show us why he was the "King of Pop". Put that in a theater in Imax and I'm there.. IMHO there are better ways to pay tribute to his incredible talent. Put out the DVD with a making of reel for the fans.

It's tragic enough to think that we would ever be discussing this topic :-(

hrcollectibles

I noticed that in none of the retrospectives or any reporting has anyone mentioned Captain Eo. Maybe Disney is trying to pretend it (captain Eo ) never happened.. Move along people there's nothing to see here

worldfanatic

Other than the curiosity or 80's nostalgia aspect, I don't think it really does much for his memory to put EO back out there. I don't know that I would leave the theater feeling his greatness from that show (others may). Even technically, the 3D is very soft by today's standards, but maybe that is the only way to feel physically "close" to him, so in one way that's an argument to show it. Maybe the best one. Would it appear exploitive for the company to jump on this and put it out there? Maybe do the EL Cap and donate the money to his kids.

In any event, many would agree it's just not his best work. It would be like bringing back "Willow" to honor George Lucas when Star Wars is out there. His videos like Bad, Smooth Criminal, Billy Jean, Thriller, and many more etc. are amazing evidence and show us why he was the "King of Pop". Put that in a theater in Imax and I'm there.. IMHO there are better ways to pay tribute to his incredible talent. Put out the DVD with a making of reel for the fans.

Well said. Watching his videos on VH1 and MTV have made me realize what a monster talent he was. Amazing!

Then I watched Captain EO on YouTube today. Errrrrrrrrrrr...........To say it wasn't his best work is being very, very, very kind.

magicmaya

I believe you are pretty ignorant for honoring a man that was a criminal and a pedophile. How can you honor him and not all the other pedophiles his just one of the many out there and yet you all honor him. I understand that people loved his music, but there are victims out there. So to call me immature for not supporting a sick human being is pretty ignorant on your part. Just keep idolizing a man who beat the system and bought his way out of trouble, just remember he wont buy his way out of justice now
Your ignorant!
with the username rkelly, you can't talk.

C'mon! The man peed on a girl.So stop talking about other people and deal with you and the girl's problems. I cant believe you would say something like that.You are worthy of that username!!!!

:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

EPCOT Explorer

Thank you! Logic, finally!:lol:

Although CEO is not his best or more famous work, it works well for Disney to honor him. I would think it would be well received as a nod to his passion for Disney.

Jasonflz

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Nice job.

Jasonflz

Your ignorant!

C'mon! The man peed on a girl.So stop talking about other people and deal with you and the girl's problems. I cant believe you would say something like that.You are worthy of that username!!!!

:lol: :sohappy: Woah!

Jasonflz

Unfortunately it is. Great points Eddie and well said. Hopefully we get a DVD and soundtrack to honor MJ's work with this attraction.

Tater48

Your ignorant!

Wow, you people are really something. You call someone with a username of rkelly ignorant among other things. Seems like you are grasping at straws and attacking the username. How do you know that kelly is not really their last name? You are just making assumptions. If this is the case, I would guess that anyone who has anything pertaining to MJ in their name or avataar could be grouped together with and accused of ALL the weird things that MJ is accused of and condoning these things too. C'mon people, no one is ever going to change anyones mind or the way they feel about him. I am sure there are a lot of user names on this forum that could be picked apart. It was asked that we keep this civil and mature when it all started, but it sure didn't take long for the name calling to start:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom