A Captain EO revival to honor M.J.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddysey

Yep. It's a shame that people can't respect each other, let alone a deceased Pop Icon.:shrug:

This thread is a good example of why Disney got rid of Captain EO when they did and why they could never bring it back for a short stint. Whether you love him or hate him MJ=Controversy.

Astro_Digital

I think rkelly should stop trolling the thread. HE WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY, yet some people want to convict him anyway.

The purpose of the thread was to talk about reviving an entertaining film "Captain Eo"

I think it all has been said.

MJ=Controversy thus no Captain Eo.

Vince3

not a fan of MJ,but I do respect his talent. I didn't know him personally,so I won't comment on his personal life except for saying that this was tragic on so many levels.

Hey Pumbas, what ever happened to Fish?
Misplaced Childhood was & is an excellent listen.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hey Pumbas, what ever happened to Fish?
Misplaced Childhood was & is an excellent listen.

Solo artist still delivering the goods. Roll on next month

conv2009.jpg

Tater48

I think rkelly should stop trolling the thread. HE WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY, yet some people want to convict him anyway.

The purpose of the thread was to talk about reviving an entertaining film "Captain Eo"

I think it all has been said.

MJ=Controversy thus no Captain Eo.

He was acquitted. He was NOT found not guilty. Big difference.

marsrunner

Talk about throwing stones. Are YOU Kidding Me? Go down to your local courthouse and sit through a few of those child molestation cases and watch what happens. Watch the defense attorneys attack the 4, 5, or 6 year old child like he/she was the one on trial. Watch the judge acquit the defendant because the 4,5,or 6 year old is scared to death to make a statement. Learn the difference between an acquittal and a finding of not guilty. He was acquitted, he was NOT found not guilty. There just wasn't enough compelling evidence at the time.

He was acquitted. He was NOT found not guilty. Big difference.

Uh, what do you think "acquittal" means?

From the American Heritage Dictionary, Fourth Edition:
ac·quit·tal (ə-kwĭt'l)
n.
  1. Judgment, as by a jury or judge, that a defendant is not guilty of a crime as charged.
  2. The state of being found or proved not guilty.
He was found not guilty on all ten charges on June 13, 2005. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/13/jackson.trial/

Yeesh, some people.

Tater48

Uh, what do you think "acquittal" means?

From the American Heritage Dictionary, Fourth Edition:
ac·quit·tal (ə-kwĭt'l)
n.
  1. Judgment, as by a jury or judge, that a defendant is not guilty of a crime as charged.
  2. The state of being found or proved not guilty.
He was found not guilty on all ten charges on June 13, 2005. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/13/jackson.trial/

Yeesh, some people.

Yeah, really. Some People. Go check with your local judge and DA and tell them them that it's the same. See what kind of reaction you get from them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In this country, one is innocent until proven guilty.

Michael Jackson was never found guilty. Therefore....

sweetpee_1993

And Al Capone was never convicted of being a gangster, but Nelson Mandella is a convicted terrorist.

Its a funny old world.

I'm not even trying to wade thru this whole thread but I totally feel ya here, Pumbas. I was thinking much the same thing. OJ wasn't convicted but that does not mean he was innocent. What's heard by the jury, the information that the jury bases their decisions upon, is not always complete or correct. Unfortunate but true. The justice system in this country is riddled with flaws but what can ya do? :shrug: I put more faith in karma. And here we are.

Personally, I was a kid who thought MJ was da bomb back in the Beat It/Thriller days same as a lot of people my age. Now that I'm an adult, do I think he was some sort of royalty? Nope. I think his little sister's talent & accomplishments eclipses his by far...and without controversy.

It's totally weird how people become saints and martyrs when they pass away. That never ceases to amaze me. :hammer:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm not even trying to wade thru this whole thread but I totally feel ya here, Pumbas. I was thinking much the same thing. OJ wasn't convicted but that does not mean he was innocent. What's heard by the jury, the information that the jury bases their decisions upon, is not always complete or correct. Unfortunate but true. The justice system in this country is riddled with flaws but what can ya do? :shrug: I put more faith in karma. And here we are.

Personally, I was a kid who thought MJ was da bomb back in the Beat It/Thriller days same as a lot of people my age. Now that I'm an adult, do I think he was some sort of royalty? Nope. I think his little sister's talent & accomplishments eclipses his by far...and without controversy.

It's totally weird how people become saints and martyrs when they pass away. That never ceases to amaze me. :hammer:

Good points. It's just that I don't think people should be playing judge and jury. Especially when all that they are going by is what the media has provided them.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Good points. It's just that I don't think people should be playing judge and jury. Especially when all that they are going by is what the media has provided them.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Indeed, and perhaps you are misjudging my comments, Im simply questioning the sudden rise to Sainthood of MJ and the medias anointment (despite their own repeated refrences to MJs recent troubles) and by implication that somethings are more tolerated if you have a few grammies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom