A Captain EO revival to honor M.J.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figment632

Figment632...I think that is a bit harsh...It is obvioulsy a masterpiece and generations who have not been graced with it should have the opportunity to experience the space captain bring goodness and light into darkness with music and dance.

You are crazy we will discuss this tonight!

majorrfb

MJ and Capt. EO

No, the current inhabitant of the Magic Eye is the worst 3-D film they ever did. Captain EO was incredibly entertaining.

My family always enjoyed and looked forward to seeing Captain EO when visiting Epcot. I would love to see it again at the parks if at all possible.:sohappy:

C&D

Captain EO was very good. Should it have an encore performance, no. And for the same reason it was replaced in the first place: (because of Michael Jackson; his personal example was not up to Disney's code of conduct). His demise does not change his actions (in lifestyle).

Jasonflz

Magic Journeys was creepy (I never rode it). That music was not the least bit happy. At least Captain EO was fun, enjoyable, and had great dancing from an amazing dancer.

AshaNeOmah

That was by far the least enjoyable attraction of EPCOT for me the first few years. And that song.....Maaaaaagic Jooooourneys. Maaaaaaagic Joooooourneys.

Blah!

I don't remember Magic Journeys. I was alive when it was playing, but pretty young. I was about 5-7 when it stopped. Today, I listen to official soundtracks and make it a point to skip that track. Were some Imagineers or designers on some mushrooms? I can only imagine how it looked from the song.

Fun2BFree

As I said in the other thread, it's not the right move to bring back EO. Disney can't be seen to market its return lest it be accused of capitalising on his death. Jackson's controversial allegations won't benefit Disney by association either, and the theater would be packed with crying people rather than laughing people. Captain EO should stay in everyone's nostalgia-tainted minds where it belongs for all eternity, rather than be carted out again as some sort of funeral service in 3D form.

Animaniac93-98

Am I the only one who likes the song from Magic Journeys?! I can't be alone.

And as much as I'd like to see Captain EO replace Honey, I Bored the Audience, it's not going to happen. I agree with Fun2BFree. A new movie, however, is really needed for that theatre.

A Blu-ray release could be done as the technology to do it properly (without red/blue glasses) exists but studios have not agreed upon a standard way to do it. Once they do a special edition with the TV special on the making of the film could be included along with an Audio Commentary, image gallery, TV spots etc.

Jasonflz

And as much as I'd like to see Captain EO replace Honey, I Bored the Audience, it's not going to happen. I agree with Fun2BFree. A new movie, however, is really needed for that theatre.

A Blu-ray release could be done as the technology to do it properly (without red/blue glasses) exists but studios have not agreed upon a standard way to do it. Once they do a special edition with the TV special on the making of the film could be included along with an Audio Commentary, image gallery, TV spots etc.

Great idea! (and maybe feature a bit about the previous and current films in the Magic Eye Theater.)

EPCOT Explorer

The Samba-ish rythm is nice...That's about it.:lol:

As for CEO, I don't know how they could release it with out is looking like capital. Sadly, D23 would work, sorta...If it were not so expensive.:lookaroun

And why have anything replace the theater?:lookaroun

hrcollectibles

Am I the only one who thought this ride was corny and MJ trying to act like a tough space captain doenst work. It was by far the worst #D film they ever did.

I don't remember there being a ride. I remember a 3d film (attraction) but no ride. I think they should release it on DVD. I mean is Universal the only studio smart enough to release an official DVD feature on an attraction (the Back to the Future DVD has the complete lobby, preshow and ride footage of Back to the Future the ride) There had been fan made versions for years. Universal saw the $$ and decided why not. I really hope Disney will release this on DVD..

Jasonflz

I was watching the news and they suddenly brought up Captain EO. They are saying Disney knows how high the popular demand for having this ride back in the parks. Hopefully Disney is willing to bring it back.

Tater48

I was watching the news and they suddenly brought up Captain EO. They are saying Disney knows how high the popular demand for having this ride back in the parks. Hopefully Disney is willing to bring it back.

Yeah, put it in line right behind the Adventurers Club and 20K.

DarthGrady

Original Poster
It is strange how people idolized a pedophile, it is just really sad.

It would seem that I, like alot of others around here, have the ability to separate the man from the art. When it comes to MJ, you almost have to. I certainly didn't idolize him, but I did like his music and movies. A person's greatness as an artist isn't simply nullified because of his/her questionable personal life. If that were the case, folks would be tossing out Mel Gibson films by the dozen or refusing to watch Seinfeld because Michael Richards is in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom