A Captain EO revival to honor M.J.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It is strange how people idolized a pedophile, it is just really sad.

I'm pretty sure 99% of people idolized him BEFORE the allegations came out and even then, a lot of people don't think it was true. I can't say for sure, I wasn't there.

Anyway, I don't remember much of Captain EO except when I saw it (I was probably about 9 or 10) I thought it borrowed a lot from Star Wars...though I can't recall why.

Maybe I should actually watch it again on youtube :p

I wouldn't mind seeing Captain EO make a brief return to the screen. I liked the music as a kid, and I think people should be given a chance to see it the way it was meant to be seen. Play it for awhile, then do like a lot have already said and make a special DVD release.

MJ was an inspiration to an entire generation, if not more than one. I can remember listening to his stuff almost as far back as I can remember. Even before he was popular as a solo artist, I can remember hearing him with the Jackson Five while in the car with my mom.

Whether or not he was all the horrible things people said he was, I don't think we'll ever really know. What I do know is that I remember him as the guy who made some great music and defined what was "cool" in a time that was formative for so many of us.

Lord knows that there are some musicians out there today who set a much lower standard as role models.

LoriMistress

Not sure why my post was deleted in the first place, considering I never wrote anything inappropriate. MJ will be missed. Regardless of how much his life was a train wreck, he was MY train wreck. He was a brilliant artist.

dazzer68

It is strange how people idolized a pedophile, it is just really sad.
strange how people always beleive what they read in the press.
he was never found guilty of it. plus i was a huge fan way before any of the allegations came out. yes he might have been a little odd in his lifestyle, but you need to go way back into his childhood to follow the reasons why.
When i think of MJ i think of disney too,(the pictures of him with mickey and minnie, his own main street railroad station and neverland, his love of peterpan) as he was a huge disney fan, and the disney company were a huge fan of his, shame he was ignored recently.
As a performer he was and will be the greatest.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I loved Captain EO and if at all possible, bringing it back as a tribute to MJ, if at all possible, would be a brilliant idea.

Personally, I think HISTA is fairly solid. It's just been around for too long. The lifespan of a theme park film (Circle vision, 3D, Soarin type presentations) ranges from 7 yrs 4mos to 12 yrs 7mos and it has to be switched out at that point. Hardly anyone ever pops into the China circlevision anymore and almost everyone I go to the parks with thinks highly of that presentation. It's just overstayed it's welcome (even with some new footage spliced in).

Perhaps now would be a bad time to mention that my father in law called HISTA the "best of the best" after a 3 or 4 day Disney trip we took together back in 2005. :lookaroun

rkelly42

he was never found guilty of it. plus i was a huge fan way before any of the allegations came out. yes he might have been a little odd in his lifestyle, but you need to go way back into his childhood to follow the reasons why.
When i think of MJ i think of disney too,(the pictures of him with mickey and minnie, his own main street railroad station and neverland, his love of peterpan) as he was a huge disney fan, and the disney company were a huge fan of his, shame he was ignored recently.
Yeah because it is just normal for a grown man to sleep in the same bed as children that arent even his. Seems to me that if every other sicko out there had his money they would get away with it as well. People just let celebrities get away with things. This is a man that should have been in jail like all the others. And I am pretty sure that Disney in no way wants to associate themselves with him for that fact and a Captain EO comeback is as likely as a Michael Eisner comeback.

Jasonflz

Yeah because it is just normal for a grown man to sleep in the same bed as children that arent even his. Seems to me that if every other sicko out there had his money they would get away with it as well. People just let celebrities get away with things. This is a man that should have been in jail like all the others. And I am pretty sure that Disney in no way wants to associate themselves with him for that fact and a Captain EO comeback is as likely as a Michael Eisner comeback.

Boy are you ignorant. The poor man had no friends and his parents couldn't really stand him. MJ lived with a monkey on a ranch because he had no true friends and at that point. Besides, when I listen to him I don't think about him molesting kids, I think about his music and art form. You are really immature if that is all you can think about.

Jasonflz

Agreed. He is probably one of thoose people who believes everything they see in those magazines like the National Enquirer.

tony&mistyw

Captain EO was very good. Should it have an encore performance, no. And for the same reason it was replaced in the first place: (because of Michael Jackson; his personal example was not up to Disney's code of conduct). His demise does not change his actions (in lifestyle).

Could not have said it any better myself. No matter how you remember him, either for the good or for the bad. It is obvious he led a troubled life and that is the sad thing. Will we ever know the truth, probably not but then again it doesn't matter anymore does it. I would like to say that, I am sorry for the loss the jackson family has suffered as it is hard to lose a loved one no matter the circumstances. I just hope that he was able to find peace in his life before he passed.

Tater48

If it wasn't kids he was bedding down with, it was a chimp. A lot of people keep saying that it was never proven that he was doing anything with/to those kids at Neverland, but it also was never proven that he wasn't doing anything either. How soon everyone forgets the video of him dangling his own child over that balcony ledge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of this person, yes, I said person, because in my opinion, he was not much of a man. I wish there was no such thing as child abuse, but since there are plenty of sick people in this world, sadly it is a stark reality. Try working with a child that has been abused, or make a call out one night where there are abused children in a home, and I think a lot of people would change their minds about this issue. Performers aren't special, they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else. Just my .02 cents.

EPCOT Explorer

I was watching the news and they suddenly brought up Captain EO. They are saying Disney knows how high the popular demand for having this ride back in the parks. Hopefully Disney is willing to bring it back.

I've been watching for a EO Clip...Nothing.:( What station? ABC?

rkelly42

Boy are you ignorant. The poor man had no friends and his parents couldn't really stand him. MJ lived with a monkey on a ranch because he had no true friends and at that point. Besides, when I listen to him I don't think about him molesting kids, I think about his music and art form. You are really immature if that is all you can think about.
I believe you are pretty ignorant for honoring a man that was a criminal and a pedophile. How can you honor him and not all the other pedophiles his just one of the many out there and yet you all honor him. I understand that people loved his music, but there are victims out there. So to call me immature for not supporting a sick human being is pretty ignorant on your part. Just keep idolizing a man who beat the system and bought his way out of trouble, just remember he wont buy his way out of justice now:fork:

EPCOT Explorer

I believe you are pretty ignorant for honoring a man that was a criminal and a pedophile. How can you honor him and not all the other pedophiles his just one of the many out there and yet you all honor him. I understand that people loved his music, but there are victims out there. So to call me immature for not supporting a sick human being is pretty ignorant on your part. Just keep idolizing a man who beat the system and bought his way out of trouble, just remember he wont buy his way out of justice now:fork:

Is any of this necessary? If we want to mourn him, let us do so in peace.

Fun2BFree

Is any of this necessary? If we want to mourn him, let us do so in peace.

Unfortunately, he has as much a right to slate Jackson as anyone has to praise him. Frankly, I believe that no-one should change their attitude to him just because of his passing. I can't stand two-facedness -- for instance, Jade Goody, reality TV mug and racist became beloved mother and saint for women everywhere.

In any event, given that many of the people gushing over Jackson frankly couldn't care about him a few days ago, death was one of the better career moves he's made in quite a few years.

EPCOT Explorer

Unfortunately, he has as much a right to slate Jackson as anyone has to praise him. Frankly, I believe that no-one should change their attitude to him just because of his passing. I can't stand two-facedness -- for instance, Jade Goody, reality TV mug and racist became beloved mother and saint for women everywhere.

In any event, given that many of the people gushing over Jackson frankly couldn't care about him a few days ago, death was one of the better career moves he's made in quite a few years.

Right, but at least respect the people mourning him in this thread. This is the equivalent of walking into a funeral and screaming obscenities.:shrug:

Jasonflz

I figured you would say something like that. Now stop bothering everybody.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom