2 resorts, 4 parks, 9 days and a 2 year old...a July trip report

So here I am not even 48 hours back in the DC area, and already missing the place..so I figured what better way to cure my post vacation mode than to start a trip report....

Lets do a quick reminder of who were are.

DSC00308.jpg

Andy, Aleisha and our little man, Logan....I did a pre-trip and by this point I am thinking most of you know who I am...so I won't go to into to much details...I will apologize for the size of the pictures. I can never figure out how to make them any smaller...

The 411: July 15-23rd.
We split the time between both of our home resorts, SSR and BLT...both were studios...

so lets get this trip report started.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
July 17,2011

Day Three

As previously mentioned when Andy and I first talked about this trip we both knew we would be kissing sleeping in goodbye. I mean we now have a sleepless toddler on our hands, and he was, even before this one to get up before we were really ready to. We always figured it would be ok, that we would just get up and head to the parks really early, come back and break around lunchtime. But for the second day in a row now Logan has slept in. This morning until 8:45!! Sweet love. And I am not so sure he was fully ready to get up. But we decide to finally wake him anyway.

Today was going to be filled with Lions, and Tigers and umm bears? Not so much. But hey two out of the three ain't so bad right?

And look who greeted us:

DSC00075.jpg

Hmm who do you think it is.. I will give you a hint, he is tall and extremely lanky..

DSC00077.jpg

Yep its Goofy!!! Logan in the above picture is waving and screaming hello at the top of his lungs...precious.

We slide into the park and immediately head for our three week tour. And man has the Florida heat returned. It is the hottest day thus far. You would know we always seem to pick Animal Kingdom on the hottest day of the trip. Or at least it always seems to be anyway. Logan wasn't thrilled with the heat either, and as we approached the safari, we had a funny feeling he wasn't having a fabulous time. Thankfully, the line was only 20 minutes. And due to some off tracking our tour was sadly cut short. :( Actually I wasn't that impressed with our tour guide who seemed to speed through most of it. Leaving us to wonder if the animals were even out. Seriously I think this is the best shot I got of any of them:

DSC00097.jpg

Other than half an elephant, we didn't see much of anything else and if we did it was for a brief pause. Since Logan loved the tour last year, it kind of bummed me out to miss most of the animals this year.

But the heat was getting to us all, not to mention our tummys, which were beginning to remind us that it was in fact lunchtime. So we made our way to Flame Tree BBQ, had some lunch-a turkey sandwich for me, Andy I think had some ribs-and a PB&J sandwich for Logan.

An afternoon spent by the pool was calling us!

I don't know if I have mentioned how much we loved the pool! Especially Logan who is turning into my little water baby. We decide this afternoon to try taking him in the big pool where he watched me get into the act of the slide. Oh how I wish Andy would have captured me...but it was a lot of fun.. And quite relaxing. As I sat poolside watching Logan and Andy splash once more I couldn't think of a more perfect way to enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon.

We returned to the room, when we realized we needed to get something for Logan for dinner this evening. While Andy watched Logan I made my way up to the front of SSR to grab some groceries, I knew we had sandwiches but I was hoping to get something else, since one can only have so many sandwiches right? I hop on the bus and get off, do some shopping and get bell services to bring me back. When I return Andy asks me how I returned so fast, since he had made the same track the night before and realized just how HUGE the resort actually was. I told him I used the bell services. To which he informed me I cheated, but was a pure genius for doing so.

I told him I didn't cheat, I was just good like that. :ROFLOL:

Doing some shopping had killed the rest of the afternoon however, and we had an evening to get to...

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Ever since Logan was born Andy and I have made it a point to enjoy an adult only evening at least once during our stay. Tonight was one of the two we had planned this trip, the other was Friday. I usually unpack, but because we had this trip split between two resorts, I hadn't. I went to pull out the dresses I was planning on wearing when one of the two I discover has a big black streak from something down the entire front of it...Crap. I later discover that my bag had been searched by TSA and so I assume, whatever they had done caused the black streak. But this meant there would be no dress wearing. Which would probably be for the better anyway, since we would be hitting the park anyway. I would save the other dress for Friday. Though I have to say I was a little bummed about it. Still I got ready, and put Logan in his jammies, it was way to early for them but he was insistent on wearing them, and hey it would be one less thing that the sitter would have to worry about.

And right on cue, at 6:00, our sitter shows up at the door. Though whats different this year, she is not a teenager, but very much of a grandmotherly figure. Perfect for Logan since my mom watches him on a daily basis. Since we don't know he is going to react, we leave Logan with the sitter while Logan is informing her of 'Cars'..

Dinner was at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. The place was relatively empty, and we were seated right away.

DSC00110.jpg

One of the few of just the two of us..

DSC00108.jpg

This believe it or not was my father in laws favorite picture..umm ok.

Andy ordered an adult beverage, and the buffalo.

DSC00114.jpg

I had a coke and the salmon.

DSC00117.jpg

Not a fan of the artichoke but loved the salmon. It was probably the best I had had in a long long time.

We both agree that it was quite tasty but as we got the bill, I don't think it would one we go to on a regular basis. Though I dif recommend it for a great date night. And the view, looking over at the Bay Lake, it was quite breathtaking.

Once dinner was over we walked down to catch the boat ride, watched the sunset as we headed to the MK to ride as many big people rides as we could.

DSC00119.jpg

Totally made the ride over!

Once in the park we bypassed the parades and headed straight for Pirates, which always seems to be the first major ride we do together. And is one that we never seem to wait for, though tonight is one of the longest waits we have ever done. Still with a fifteen minute wait, its hardly a line.

Since the crowds were getting ready for the parades we quickly weaved in and out of the mass crown and headed to Big Thunder, we were bummed to find it closed.

DSC00126.jpg

But Haunted Mansion wasn't!! With no wait none the less, so we gladly jumped in line, bypassing the interactive line, since it was already backed up and got to see the new hitchhiking ghosts. Andy got picked on, while I got nothing. Boo....I did however like the new feature, as much as it is a classic, it gives the ride a modern feel.

While Haunted Mansion was no wait, Space Mountain did. Over an hour and a half. But with Logan being taken care of, and not with us we weren't sure if we were going to be able to do it again, and so we waited. Thankfully, it was not even an hour wait...

Andy had pulled out his line Aps when we got off, and saw that BTR was opened once more, so we high tailed it over and closed the night out with one of the best roller coaster IMHO.

Exhausted and sore we made our way back to our room, to call it a night. Logan was out, fast asleep in our bed, apparently he had waited up for us for quite some time before giving up. And while I know its horrible, we left him there...and were asleep within minutes.

Tomorrow was only Monday.

JohnnyDollaz89

Ahhh Tappen Edo was amazing ate their the Tuesday night i was there, even though it was busy since it decided to down pour 30 minutes before our scheduled reservation!!

Loving the TR so far though :)

alj11980

I have a question for you. Are you guys DVC members? We are thinking about it, but don't know enough about it yet. If you are members do you like it? Do you think it's worth it? The people at the DVC booths seem to really like it and try hard to get you to buy into it, but I would like to hear from someone who personally has it and doesn't work for Disney to see how they like it. Thanks for your help!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Awesome start Aleisha! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks!

Ahhh Tappen Edo was amazing ate their the Tuesday night i was there, even though it was busy since it decided to down pour 30 minutes before our scheduled reservation!!

Loving the TR so far though :)

Thanks, I love Tapen Edo such a great yummy place! It always seems busy, but your right when it downpours it seems to get that much more packed..glad you got a chance to experience though.

Darn TSA!

Nice report and I'm enjoying the pics. Looking forward to the rest!

I know I was not really happy with them, but I wasn't about to let it ruin my vacation or my night. It did just bum me out though, because I really liked the dress. To bad it was all white!

I have a question for you. Are you guys DVC members? We are thinking about it, but don't know enough about it yet. If you are members do you like it? Do you think it's worth it? The people at the DVC booths seem to really like it and try hard to get you to buy into it, but I would like to hear from someone who personally has it and doesn't work for Disney to see how they like it. Thanks for your help!

Yes we are, I will send you a message with my thoughts, since I could go on about it for awhile...look for it a bit later as I am at work at the moment but I will send you my thoughts and stuff.

silver1113

What a wonderful night out. So glad they have a responsible service. Dh & I have never done Disney alone. Maybe next year when we go, since out children will be 24 & 21. LOL

mamamouse

Hey girl,you look great in these pics,Logan is such a doll omg too cute!!! Which babysitting srevice did you use?I've often thought of doing a date night but I'm not sure which is better in room childcare or the kids clubs???? Can't wait to read more :wave:

dixiegirl

lovin the TR!! Such great pics of the little guy and you and your hubby!! Keep up the great report!!! Oh and foreverBelle, you look great!!! You should sport that bathing suit around!!(your so tiny) I can understand how you'd feel self concious, but did you ever take a peek at walks around at the waterparks?? EKKK!! Even my 10 yr old commented to me(quietly ) last year about someone wearing a bikini..Yeah I think she possibly got a size about 3 times to small!!
I always say if you want to feel better about yourself head on down to one of the waterparks....!!!!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
What a wonderful night out. So glad they have a responsible service. Dh & I have never done Disney alone. Maybe next year when we go, since out children will be 24 & 21. LOL

It was a great night out, we had so much fun, cramming everything in on the same night. Fabulous! I totally think you should go as just a couple..its a must do from time to time.

Hey girl,you look great in these pics,Logan is such a doll omg too cute!!! Which babysitting srevice did you use?I've often thought of doing a date night but I'm not sure which is better in room childcare or the kids clubs???? Can't wait to read more :wave:

Thanks for the compliment, on both my son and myself..I know he is a stinking cutie and he knows it to. We have used Kids Night Out and love it. We have never had any issue with them, a little pricey but its dif needed and I think you should dif use them for a night out with you and yours your next go around!

lovin the TR!! Such great pics of the little guy and you and your hubby!! Keep up the great report!!! Oh and foreverBelle, you look great!!! You should sport that bathing suit around!!(your so tiny) I can understand how you'd feel self concious, but did you ever take a peek at walks around at the waterparks?? EKKK!! Even my 10 yr old commented to me(quietly ) last year about someone wearing a bikini..Yeah I think she possibly got a size about 3 times to small!!
I always say if you want to feel better about yourself head on down to one of the waterparks....!!!!

Thank you, I know I am, though I don't realize it half the time. My issue lies with the massive scar that it has left, and its still fresh looking stage so i got so self conscious that everyone would look at it since its right down my stomach.. But thank you so much, you better believe my next go around I will sporting a suit once more!!! But I know what you mean, my husband was like umm there is small, and then there is too small....and some people were pushing it...

Bri1121

Loving your trip report!! Two years olds are fun!! Seriously I am tearing up here reading how excited your son was and seeing your photos!! So excited to take my kids in 2 days!!

You need to finish up here, I only have tomorrow to read!! Ha!!

DisneyFan1003

Great report! I'm anxious to hear how Logan did during the trip...our daughter will have just turned two when we take her back at the end of November. Last summer (7 mos) she was SOOO easy....we're both crossing our fingers for this trip!

Love the idea of the babysitting service....we may need to look into that. Were you happy with them?

Btw...I know what you mean about people at the pool....eesh! Perhaps they need to post a mirror at pool entrances! :ROFLOL:

great report so far!! I echo all the sentiments about Logan...he is an absolute cutie (and that picture of his reaction to Goofy is too cute!) I think it's such a great idea that you and your husband do a date night at Disney - definitely something I would love to do when we have kiddos someday and take them to WDW!!

LeeSeeBabe

Love the TR so far! Logan is precious!! I definitely enjoy your comments about how you "would have" before a two-year-old: hubby and I were married less than a year ago (anniversary trip in Sept!) and we are excited for the days (mind you, years away) when we will take a family.... although we love our WS adventures. :p

Can't wait for more!

HouCuseChickie

Loving the TR!!! Ahhhh- the joys of traveling with a 2 yr old :D He looks like he's having a blast! I'm jealous that Logal slept in until 8:45a!!! But his love of the pool also gives me hope that pool time will be popular w/our kids. Also glad you got to see Belle @ CRT! Can't wait to read more! :wave:

tiaragirl

Aleisha, great trip report! Your "kids" are the cutest, and you guys are a great looking fam!

The Ariel thing is hilarious - asking her to have dinner with him. But then, I'd be heartbroken if I asked Herc or Aladdin and they shut me down! Sad times.

I'm pretty sure I looove your bathing suit, for the record.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Great report! I'm anxious to hear how Logan did during the trip...our daughter will have just turned two when we take her back at the end of November. Last summer (7 mos) she was SOOO easy....we're both crossing our fingers for this trip!

Love the idea of the babysitting service....we may need to look into that. Were you happy with them?

Btw...I know what you mean about people at the pool....eesh! Perhaps they need to post a mirror at pool entrances! :ROFLOL:

Have to say, it was dif a lot different taking Logan when he wasn't so active. LOL. And of course he used to sleep a lot better then vs. now. But its dif a lot more fun now watching him being able see his reaction...

We were and have always been very happy with them. Never had any issue at all, and Logan has seemed to enjoy them just as much so I dif think you should do it..

great report so far!! I echo all the sentiments about Logan...he is an absolute cutie (and that picture of his reaction to Goofy is too cute!) I think it's such a great idea that you and your husband do a date night at Disney - definitely something I would love to do when we have kiddos someday and take them to WDW!!

Well thank you for the complement. again dif do it. But I would enjoy Disney as a couple as well because there is so much to do, and it is so different when you have kids..

Love the TR so far! Logan is precious!! I definitely enjoy your comments about how you "would have" before a two-year-old: hubby and I were married less than a year ago (anniversary trip in Sept!) and we are excited for the days (mind you, years away) when we will take a family.... although we love our WS adventures. :p

Can't wait for more!

Congrats on the marriage. How fabulous is that!!! Enjoy the time now, as I have said, it is so much different...not in any bad way it is sooo much fun with him now.

Loving the TR!!! Ahhhh- the joys of traveling with a 2 yr old :D He looks like he's having a blast! I'm jealous that Logal slept in until 8:45a!!! But his love of the pool also gives me hope that pool time will be popular w/our kids. Also glad you got to see Belle @ CRT! Can't wait to read more! :wave:

Oh yes the 2 yr old phase it brings on challenges, but its a blast. And he did have a great time.

Sleeping in until 845 was dif. a treat, it isn't very often that he sleeps that late...

I love it too! I love that you plan two nights out alone. It's worth the babysitters cost! Keep it coming!

Yes it is sooo worth it.

Aleisha, great trip report! Your "kids" are the cutest, and you guys are a great looking fam!

The Ariel thing is hilarious - asking her to have dinner with him. But then, I'd be heartbroken if I asked Herc or Aladdin and they shut me down! Sad times.

I'm pretty sure I looove your bathing suit, for the record.

Well thanks, I love the bathing suit myself. Got it in green as well. Super cute.

Yea I know it was heartbreaking when she turned him down, but I was glad to see how quickly he got over it rather quickly...

foreverbelle

Original Poster
July 18 2011

Day Four

It had been a rough night sleeping wise. Logan wanted nothing to do with the big bed, and hadn't been sleeping in the pack-n-play for a couple of weeks, and so we had left him in the bed with us the night before as I had mentioned. This transitioning to big boy bed dif. a lot harder when you are on vacation but since there was no set time we got up and had breakfast without being rushed. We tried to get Logan involved, even at 2 we feel as though he should have a voice in decisions of the day, and so we asked him what he wanted to do. He said the boat ride.

The boat ride, we discovered meant 'Its a Small World.' So it looked like we were headed back to the Magic Kingdom. And we got there just in time:

DSC00149.jpg

For Move It, Shake it, Celebrate it Street Parade....We had never seen this parade as we had always skipped it in the past. But the moment that we stopped I was so glad we did.

For this is the reaction I got:

DSC00145.jpg

And that is the way he stayed for the entire show. He just clapped and cheered and waved and kept saying 'Look there's Mickey!'

I sat from the curb, while Andy held Logan on top of his shoulders, watching as father and son enjoyed the morning in the hot Florida sun. I watched as a little boy fell in love even more with the mouse that has captured my heart for so long. And I watched as Logan's face lit up, his smile growing more wider with every passing minute. And right there I think I broke down and cried. Like a six year old girl. This is what it is all about. This is why we became DVC members four years ago. To share and enjoy the magic with our then future kids. I just never realized how much joy it would actually bring, and just how much a part of our lives it would be.

I think looking back, that moment, that parade was one of my favorite moments of the trip. I wanted to bottle it up, take it home and cherish it.

Once the parade was done, Logan couldn't understand why they were leaving, we explained that we would be seeing him later and so we waved to Mickey and friends and made our way over to Pooh....

We hadn't seen the new cue for the attraction, and since it was a ride we had yet to go on with Logan and we thought he may really enjoy it..I have to say, we really liked the cue, I thought it was super cute..and it kept Logan's attention for so long that it was hard to get him to move along. From what we saw, we weren't the only ones that had this problem.

DSC00154.jpg

And while he may have loved the cue, the ride on the other hand wasn't his cup of tea, the Hufalumps apparently are not his favorite. He informed me of this halfway through the ride. Oh how often we forget he is only 2 and a half. He couldn't get out of there fast enough, and soon we made our way over to the ride we came for, which made my son very happy, and my husband who isn't a huge fan of the ride. Not so much. Even more so when we got right behind a Brazilian tour group and yes we saw plenty of them.

Yes they can be annoying, and yes they can be loud but I don't find them to be as annoying as they could be. For the most part we tend to ignore them and go on about our way. Thankfully we didn't get stick with for to long as they were moved to the other side, and we were on and off the ride in less than 15 minutes. Not bad, not bad.

But by this point Logan was getting restless, again this nap thing was totally not happening, and he was thrown way off, but he was having a good time. We figured it was a good time to stop for lunch, so we made our way to Cosmic Rays for a bite to eat. Again I had the chicken, as did Andy. And of course Logan had a PB&J...Have I mentioned how this was probably the best decision we made??

After lunch we headed back to the Resort were we once again enjoyed an afternoon in the pool. This time Logan made some friends with 2 brothers. They laughed and played and had a great time. Logan is watched by my mom so its always nice when he gets to play with kids his own age. Cousins are great, but Logan always seems to welcome new friends

Next up: An evening in the reef, and one of the sweetest conversations I have had....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom