The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
And meal three from the four pork tenderloins roasts. We are on a roll with fresh foods and spring fresh veggies

Tonight was Stew and very tasty. Her is Gabe’s kitchen tonight start to finish

View attachment 380811

First up is MY gravy. I started perfecting it about 10 years ago and now I have it down.
I mocked it after a recipe from Liberty Tree that was given to me.

View attachment 380813

In here is, onion, corn, potatos, green beans, carrots and chunked pork tenderloin vs sliced.

View attachment 380812

Mushrooms were cooked separately. I don't like how they cook down in most meals so I saute them in a frying pan and we just add them, more flavorful fungus that way.

View attachment 380814

And here is the stew plated with Campanelle pasta. This pasta lends itself well to gravy based dishes as it kinda unrolls and captures gravy and small veggies along with seasoning.

View attachment 380815

There were Red Lobster diner rolls but I was full after a half plate of my diner so I guess one never made it to my plate.

Balance is now freezing enough for 2 more meals. When I cook I often have to transfer to larger pots as I keep adding more ingredients.
I'm so jelly 3 meals, I'm luck if I can get 3 meals out of a side of an animal:banghead:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
got my certification and my implant has been calibrated. So I'm good. still worried that they had to disable one of the electrodes of my implant. the new doc says its not a big deal. As nerves get better or get worse. And it was only hindering my understanding right now.

Cesar, hooray for your certification.

Implants are amazing, but I can also understand that subtle adjustments need to be made for individual needs.

MySmallWorldof4

Need to vent a little :( Sorry.

Since I am no contact with my mother (the main source of family gossip who normally wouldn't let me know what was going on anyway), I found out through Facebook that my aunt (her sister) had emergency carotid artery surgery due to a major clot. Now, I have been told many times over my life that my family dies young. Yeah...great thing to say to a 12 year old for sure. But my grandparents died in their early 70s, my dad died in his early 60s, all in all my family suffers from bad health. Oddly enough though, it is mostly from their own doing with not taking care of themselves.

With all of that said, I am trying desperately to work on my own health. I definitely was not given any good examples growing up with the amounts of fast food intake from family members and their attempts at fad diets, but over the years through research and dedication have really begun to do so. A few years ago, I stuck with a lifestyle change of just watching what I eat and taking a walk around the park every day or so. That lead me to losing 20 plus pounds. I kept it off for a couple of years, but then the stress of my dad dying and family's incessant toxic drama that lead me lose so much strength and dedication. I lost my way so to speak.

But now, after everything and then hearing this news about my aunt, I really want to get back into a good lifestyle and most importantly, keep it! I don't want to die young if I can help it, and I don't want to suffer when I am older because of my bad food habits now.

I put all of this here because I am looking just for some outside encouragement or some "You can do's its!".
You totally can do it! There are some great books out there such as "Eat to Live", and "How Not to Die". I just read the latter.

Songbird76

Um, hello computer geeks..?

Someone other than myself dropped the laptop charger onto a tile floor while plugging the laptop into the hotel TV via HDMI so we could watch Netflix. 🙄

🙄🙄🙄

🤬

We got a few minutes into a program, and the low power warning popped up. We figured the outlet wasn’t working and plugged it in elsewhere. Thinking it was fine, we watched several more minutes. No new warnings, it just stopped, and won’t power back up.

Could the charger have broken from the fall?

Also, I’m in the middle of nowhere with no real stores. 🥴
I'm totally not a tech person, but do you have another battery operated object that you could plug into the outlets to find out if they are working properly? Maybe a phone charger? There's usually an icon that tells you when the device is charging. That would at least tell you if the outlet is working. Also things to check out, if your laptop charger is in 2 parts, check that the 2 are plugged into eachother all the way. I've had mine come apart before and then it doesn't work.

Other than that, I'm sorry...I got nothing.

MySmallWorldof4

One of our many local friends here. Can you spot him through the picnic table?

View attachment 380849
There he is.View attachment 380850
He got a little huffy and puffy as Kylie and I got closer.View attachment 380851

View attachment 380852
But by the time we got back from her morning walk, he was chill.View attachment 380853
Dh and I have recently started watching a guy on Youtube (Traveling Robert). He takes his RV around the country, but he lives around Miami so he does hit the Keys a lot. Been watching his Keys videos. Plenty of those mini dinosaurs on his videos.

Songbird76

I never understood those. You’re Disney. You’re going through all the trouble of making a sequel, but admitting up front it isn’t that good, and sending it right to DVD?

Why bother?
I would guess it has to do with specific audiences? Like...I LOVE Lady and the Tramp. It's my favorite Disney, but I'm in a very small minority group. It doesn't have broad appeal. So how do you cater to those fans who really want more of that specific film world, without the huge cost of production in theaters where you know it won't do well? DVD.

StarWarsGirl

Yesterday was nuts.

My parents and brother left for Hawaii this morning. I came home after going to the gym and the grocery store. My mom, who works at her friend's daycare, had left her phone there, which also contains her driver's license. Meanwhile, my dad, who is an anxious traveller, was all nervous because two credit card statements hadn't been mailed yet, so he had to leave them for me to pay. We go through this every time they travel, and he gets nervous every time, and all of this would be solved if he did it online. Alas, he is stubborn.

They had gotten steaks out, but were both all nervous about the bills. I finally went out at about 7:30 and started grilling the steaks because I was starving. Which made my dad nervous, but they found out I really do know how to use a grill.

Then I had to go get my mom's phone and driver's license from her friend. Admittedly, I talked to her friend for 15 minutes to avoid going home. Then I went home and cleaned out my bathroom because the renovation starts today, the non-dusty part that is. Got none of my packing done. Then this morning with the sinkhole and going in late, I got a bunch of it done. So I'm rewarding myself by going to see Aladdin tonight.

Songbird76

Need to vent a little :( Sorry.

Since I am no contact with my mother (the main source of family gossip who normally wouldn't let me know what was going on anyway), I found out through Facebook that my aunt (her sister) had emergency carotid artery surgery due to a major clot. Now, I have been told many times over my life that my family dies young. Yeah...great thing to say to a 12 year old for sure. But my grandparents died in their early 70s, my dad died in his early 60s, all in all my family suffers from bad health. Oddly enough though, it is mostly from their own doing with not taking care of themselves.

With all of that said, I am trying desperately to work on my own health. I definitely was not given any good examples growing up with the amounts of fast food intake from family members and their attempts at fad diets, but over the years through research and dedication have really begun to do so. A few years ago, I stuck with a lifestyle change of just watching what I eat and taking a walk around the park every day or so. That lead me to losing 20 plus pounds. I kept it off for a couple of years, but then the stress of my dad dying and family's incessant toxic drama that lead me lose so much strength and dedication. I lost my way so to speak.

But now, after everything and then hearing this news about my aunt, I really want to get back into a good lifestyle and most importantly, keep it! I don't want to die young if I can help it, and I don't want to suffer when I am older because of my bad food habits now.

I put all of this here because I am looking just for some outside encouragement or some "You can do's its!".
It's probably already been said, but you could join in the Working Out for Disney Thread...we're a pretty encouraging bunch and you might get some great ideas for refreshing your workout routines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom