The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Congratulations to her and her great parents!!!
That's nice of you to include the parents...but it's all her. I have some Spanish ability but she only involved me for the first couple of weeks. After that she used a computer program to study.It's called: "QUIZLET" My daughter inputs the info that's needed to be mastered and then the program quizzes her in a fun interactive manner....clearly it was very effective.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

That's nice of you to include the parents...but it's all her. I have some Spanish ability but she only involved me for the first couple of weeks. After that she used a computer program to study.It's called: "QUIZLET" My daughter inputs the info that's needed to be master and then the program quizzes her in a fun interactive manner....clearly it was very effective.
Quizlet? I assume you can use it more than just for Spanish? I have to include the parents because they (you and your wife)taught her how to be a great student and to have goals.

Tony the Tigger

Never saw that.

I haven't watched Star Trek Enterprise even though I've seen every single episode of all the others. At first, I thought it was the character, and then NCIS New Orleans came on, and I felt the same way. I watch NCIS LA. I watched the original up until Ziva left, then I stopped watching as a form of silent protest against it, and now...um, well, I'll at least be watching the season premiere next season...anyway, I couldn't get into new Orleans. I'm sure he's a very nice guy, but his acting is kind of meh.

Quantum Leap?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's nice of you to include the parents...but it's all her. I have some Spanish ability but she only involved me for the first couple of weeks. After that she used a computer program to study.It's called: "QUIZLET" My daughter inputs the info that's needed to be master and then the program quizzes her in a fun interactive manner....clearly it was very effective.

Not buying it. You still had something to do with it -- even if she did the work herself, you take care of her every day of her life. So, you played a huge role in her success. Congratulations to the both of you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok, like many households, we provide a stable environment in which she can focus on her studies 😉

That's "IT" right there. You and your wife provided the stability that she needed. There's a lot to be said about that. My parents provided the same environment. As a kid, I probably took it for granted, but as an adult, I could see how very important a stable foundation really was.

wdwfan4ver

That's wonderful for her. Now she can have a fiesta while the rest are studying.

Our kids were done last Wednesday, and I'm in my final hour!
I'm sure the businesses are happy with school being done from a tourist standpoint.

I also know that businesses in Door County had to be waiting for teenagers to be out of school. I saw plenty of help wanted signs at stores in Door County while I was there from Thursday to Sunday Morning in terms of wanting summer help.

Goofyernmost

True, but, just look at the legacy he left behind, the memories, the joy and the name. That name recognized, mostly fondly, all over the planet. And all in 66 short years. He accomplished more in his first 20 years as an adult, then most have in our entire life. Amazing, isn't it!

Things happen for a reason. Sadly I feel that what he was focusing on, just before his death, would have destroyed the company and his legacy would have been thought of completely differently. As a person in the media of entertainment, he was a genius, that doesn't necessarily make him a long term thinker in deciding social control. Building a city is a far cry from building a theme park or animatronics. No one has since then picked up on the idea of controlled society other then people with less then admirable intentions.
I just quoted myself to continue my thoughts on that topic. Maybe I have already mentioned this, but, back in circa. 2009 I stayed in a hotel just off I-4 halfway between Universal and Disney. My room was on the 8th floor (almost a skyscraper in that area). From my vantage point I could see the fireworks at MK and, at the same time , see illuminations at Epcot. All I had to do is stand in one spot and turn my head about 45 degrees, right and left. I looked up and down I-4 from that point. At the corner of the viewing point I could see for miles to the north, south, east and west. All of it didn't exist before 1970 and the only reason that it was what it was then and what it is today is because of one man. Walter E. Disney! When you look at it from up above the enormity of that kind of one person influence in just that one area is mind blowing. 🤯 It's all I could think about. Every building, every lane of every highway, every tourist trap, One man having the ability to be the reason for thousand and thousands of jobs created. Living, laughing, crying in a place that was nothing but a swampy pasture before Walt went storming in and changed everything and by then he had been dead 4+ years. I think that qualifies as a super human success. OK, enough before someone thinks that am not dead on the inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom