The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
This should go under the heading of ***RECALL ALERT*** but I recently found out the FDA can't recall makeup. The FDA can only suggest one after customer complaints and investigation. If any of you bought the lipsticks from Jacklyn Cosmetics aka Jacklyn Hill please don't use them until you inspect them. If you have one I'll link info if you wish to know why I believe that is the safest option at this time

Tony the Tigger

I thought it was always a side effect of having kids, but her childless daughter, who has a taller but otherwise similar build to me, is also very heavy.

General weirdness: Dad & Mom had me when Dad was thin. I was always effortlessly thin (too skinny) until maybe 10 years ago.

Dad & Stepmom had little bro when Dad was heavy. Little bro was always heavy.

Kylie looks very concerned. She might need a few extra treats on this vacation trip.

Nice to hear that the restaurant (outdoor patio) was nice to her. and gave her water. :)

If the camera had snapped a half second earlier, it was the perfect happy Kylie pic!

donaldtoo

Fantastic! Disneyland is a special place.

Special, indeed...!!!!! :)
As I’ve posted before, my first visit was in 1968 at age 6.
I remember riding long-extinct attractions such as Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland and Adventure Through Inner Space...

9FEDC3B3-A3A3-4A55-82D5-6BECF3D9446B.jpegF9051D85-6368-42F5-91EE-7624133859ED.jpeg

Remember riding both PotC and HM for the first time in ‘68 and ‘70, the year after each opened in ‘67 and ‘69, respectively.
And riding Star Tours the year it opened in ‘87...
Good times...!!!!! :happy:
Unfortunately, haven’t been back since summer of ‘10.
We’ve been talkin’ about remedyin’ that after our October cruise...we’re wanting to do both a trip to So Cal and DLR, as well as Europe, in the next coupla’ years...!!!!! :)

donaldtoo

I never understood those. You’re Disney. You’re going through all the trouble of making a sequel, but admitting up front it isn’t that good, and sending it right to DVD?

Why bother?

I’ve always thought it was a bit odd, too.
But, we all know they wouldn’t be doin’ it unless they were still makin’ a healthy profit off ‘em...that’s why they bother...!!! ;):)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks for letting me know, however, there is a possibility that I was painfully aware of that already. In the classic words of the great Erma Bombeck, "The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again." 😀😐🤨

*ba-dum-tshh*

I still miss Erma Bombeck and loved her writing style. She was some kind of woman, all she did with her life. I only skipped reading one book, I own hardcovers of all hers. As a new Mom

I Want to Grow Hair, I Want to Grow Up, I Want to Go to Boise

was not what I could handle as I normally read until I fell asleep decades ago. It was just to powerful for my need to laugh at the end of the day.

I remember being so sad to hear she was a very ill woman her entire adult life with a terminal type kidney disease (age 20) and breast cancer, ultimately it was her Kidney Disease that got her. But she did so much more than write, sitting on various boards for the common good and her championing the ER amendment.

But most of all I loved her writings, as her books came out the hit a cord with me the new mom.

donaldtoo

Wish it was like that here today...cloudy all day, only got up into the mid 80’s, and rained during rush hour to make for a looooong commute.
Oh well, all days can’t be picture perfect...!!! ;)
But, we’re long beyond bein’ outta’ drought stage, so whoever’s sendin’ all the rain, please refrain for a bit, and give me back my triple-digit sun...!!!!! :hilarious::happy:;):)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And meal three from the four pork tenderloins roasts. We are on a roll with fresh foods and spring fresh veggies

Tonight was Stew and very tasty. Her is Gabe’s kitchen tonight start to finish

A5310F85-1D6E-4D48-8027-7C2E30725D18.jpeg

First up is MY gravy. I started perfecting it about 10 years ago and now I have it down.
I mocked it after a recipe from Liberty Tree that was given to me.

9EA135A2-0973-40A0-BB71-82A5125776BB.jpeg

In here is, onion, corn, potatos, green beans, carrots and chunked pork tenderloin vs sliced.

E6760F6C-3B9C-4288-BF77-5D16B4DF1F64.jpeg

Mushrooms were cooked separately. I don't like how they cook down in most meals so I saute them in a frying pan and we just add them, more flavorful fungus that way.

908EC1D9-AC48-4AD6-9B5A-D38DAE0947C7.jpeg

And here is the stew plated with Campanelle pasta. This pasta lends itself well to gravy based dishes as it kinda unrolls and captures gravy and small veggies along with seasoning.

4929F262-FFB0-4AE2-BABB-457E2BBB65CC.jpeg

There were Red Lobster diner rolls but I was full after a half plate of my diner so I guess one never made it to my plate.

Balance is now freezing enough for 2 more meals. When I cook I often have to transfer to larger pots as I keep adding more ingredients.

donaldtoo

Need to vent a little :( Sorry.

Since I am no contact with my mother (the main source of family gossip who normally wouldn't let me know what was going on anyway), I found out through Facebook that my aunt (her sister) had emergency carotid artery surgery due to a major clot. Now, I have been told many times over my life that my family dies young. Yeah...great thing to say to a 12 year old for sure. But my grandparents died in their early 70s, my dad died in his early 60s, all in all my family suffers from bad health. Oddly enough though, it is mostly from their own doing with not taking care of themselves.

With all of that said, I am trying desperately to work on my own health. I definitely was not given any good examples growing up with the amounts of fast food intake from family members and their attempts at fad diets, but over the years through research and dedication have really begun to do so. A few years ago, I stuck with a lifestyle change of just watching what I eat and taking a walk around the park every day or so. That lead me to losing 20 plus pounds. I kept it off for a couple of years, but then the stress of my dad dying and family's incessant toxic drama that lead me lose so much strength and dedication. I lost my way so to speak.

But now, after everything and then hearing this news about my aunt, I really want to get back into a good lifestyle and most importantly, keep it! I don't want to die young if I can help it, and I don't want to suffer when I am older because of my bad food habits now.

I put all of this here because I am looking just for some outside encouragement or some "You can do's its!".

When I was 35 I lost about 65 lbs. over about 8 mos.
I went from about 250 down to 185 (I’m 5’-10” - although by now at 56 I’ve probably shrunk to about 5’-9” ;)), and although my doc at the time told me I still needed to lose about 10 more lbs., my DWifey said I looked too skinny...!!!!! :hilarious:
Anyway, I did it the old fashioned way...consume less, move more, no fad diets or fasting...literally just that simple. My bloodwork numbers were phenomenal, as even my doc attested.
I realize heredity has a lot to do with certain things, but, there is so much knowledge about how that can even be compensated for in large part these days.
I myself need to go back to what I did when I was 35, because, it really wasn’t all that difficult, and I felt so much better, and was fully able to participate in our children’s lives...and now we have an 8mo. old granddaughter...just more, perfect, positive, beautiful, motivation...!!!!! :happy:
You can, and WILL, do it...!!!!!!! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom