The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
When you hear something very loud in the palm tree behind you at the pool, it’s this guy climbing down to get a drink.
View attachment 380907

Brian ordered a new laptop charger on Amazon yesterday with Prime, and it was here in less than 24 hours.

View attachment 380908

Yay, I can work now. 😊🥴😕

Yep that Lizardie thing would have startled me too. I had the same thing happen to me on our January trip. We had arrived that day escaping the -39 Polar Vortex in Illinois two days earlier than we were supposed to. So we were enjoying a warm night, a drink by the pool and this dude joined us by the pool.

38E8D375-539F-4AC0-AB39-D825229C56D1.jpeg

I had to order a charger last April
Too. Was surprised it wasn’t too expensive

StarWarsGirl

back home.. I'm dead.. my flight was at 6am, which mean that means minimum of 4:00 am to get to the airport, which is 1 hour away from where my aunt lives.. so.. 2:40 am uber trip... no sleep x_X
That's what my parents had to do this morning. Hence why I'm going all the way to DC for my flight. Sleep slightly later and get to Hawaii earlier.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@SteveBrickNJ , you mentioned about a week or so ago, that I should go to a hockey game. I still have no intention of going, but thought you might be interested to know that the tickets for the 7th game playoffs here tonight, are going for (cheapest seat $1,300; and the highest range seats run a "range" of UP TO $20,000 for rinkside, first row). :jawdrop:

Heard about these crazy prices this morning on the 4:30 AM news. (These were all sold by legit ticket agencies by the way.)

Gabe1

I think the hate comes from kids loving it so much and making their parents watch it over and over!

I enjoyed Frozen when I saw it at the theater, especially the sound track. But there a long, long stretch, much too long of merchandising every thing from tableware, clothing, toys, towels, you name it-it had Frozen slapped on it. Plus the over played Frozen tune.

I went from enjoying the movie to absolutely hating it. Odd for me I actually like the attraction in Norway. My brain cells have fights about that. :oops:

Gabe1

I'm so jelly 3 meals, I'm luck if I can get 3 meals out of a side of an animal:banghead:

How many more years until you can send James off to college.

Note: Most Universities have different dining plan options. You need to take into consideration which ones offer Unlimited Dining, you can have as many meals or snacks as you wish. With how your boys eat living in a dorm with a dining plan will far outweigh the savings of a shared apartment given how expensive food is around college campuses.

Gabe1

Um, hello computer geeks..?

Someone other than myself dropped the laptop charger onto a tile floor while plugging the laptop into the hotel TV via HDMI so we could watch Netflix. 🙄

🙄🙄🙄

🤬

We got a few minutes into a program, and the low power warning popped up. We figured the outlet wasn’t working and plugged it in elsewhere. Thinking it was fine, we watched several more minutes. No new warnings, it just stopped, and won’t power back up.

Could the charger have broken from the fall?

Also, I’m in the middle of nowhere with no real stores. 🥴

We several years almost had a mishap with my sons incredibly expensive laptop while watching Netflix. Be thankful it was just the charger.

I ordered a Roku. It stays in my carry on bag which goes with me if we drive out of town or fly Florida. In the last year though most of the hotels we've stayed in have gone to smart tv's and all you have to do is tap the netflix icon and enter your password. At Marriott's housekeeping leaves the TV on after tiding up if Netflix is on the screen.
But still the $30 Roku is something you might consider over using a laptop as a streaming device.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express...keywords=roku&qid=1560393325&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Gabe1

I just ordered some, I've never had any, so we'll see if I like them.

When my DD was a lifeguard here and away at college she always wore Croc flip flops. They have a nice cush to them and arch support as she was on her feet a lot and on concrete. If you fall in love with them and wear them a lot watch the soles. When the grippies molded into the sole start to wear out throw them out. Croc's are pretty slip proof until then on pool decks unlike cheap toss away ones and they do last a long time. You'll likely go boom when their life is over if you keep wearing them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom