The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The good news is I only had a loss of $10.00 on the tickets. If it wasn't for the weather, My younger brother and I had a deal in price of the tickets.

What happened was the site had pre-ordered ticket options including weekend admission ticket package. We went to with the Weekend admission package with it costing $55.00 per person. One day ticket for Saturday cost $45.00 person.

Sunday tickets cost individually $25.00 per person except if the person is a kid 9 or younger. Kids 9 years old or younger get frees admission on Sunday if that kid is with an adult.

Sunday was cheap due to it running less time than Saturday.

Well, that's good news--at least it wasn't a large amount of money.

donaldtoo

Years ago, I worked for a hotel company that had a property in New Orleans. I recall the general manager telling colleagues that if they went out on Bourbon Street at night, to stay directly on that street only, and not even think of going down any side streets, etc. He also suggested to dress down a bit and not look like a target. Luckily, no incidents, and they all had a great time down there.

Yes, I'm sure it has varied over the years...!
We've only been there twice...once on our second wedding anni. back in Dec. of '90 when DWifey was pregnant with our oldest, and the trip in Sept. of '15 for youngests 21st birthday...!
We love it, and plan on going back, although not sure when...! :cyclops:

wdwfan4ver

I had a great time at the Convention. I got a good amount of stuff including a couple books the authors signed. The authors signed the books for free. The Convention open early on Saturday for those with pre-order tickets including my younger brother and I.

The pre-order tickets gives you an hour in the convention ahead of the those that didn't pre-order their tickets. Those who pre-oder tickets was able to go Vendor Hall. Getting an hours start at Vendor Hall is huge since it takes up 60,000 Square feet alone and able to start buying stuff right away. There was some deals at the convention and some of the sellers did offer discounts off products. It my younger brother and I over 3 hours to look at every vendor once.

The strategy we used for buying was using pockets in our jackets since my jackets does have a lot of pockets that can be closed, along with brining along bags, and each of us something that is basically a backpack. What I'm describing is a sack that you tie up able to carry it by using the straps on on your shoulders with carry it like a backpack. The shopping bags were only used just shortly before leave for buying last second stuff such as books.

The arcade rooms were fun and it included games I never seen before or games I haven't seen in ages. The Classic Gaming and Computer Museum was lots of fun. I had a chance to play on systems that I never played before and also were not released in the United States. There was two Internet communities that had their own rooms that people outside that community can try new and old games the rooms have.

The convention has its own facebook page. Here is the photo page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MGCgaming/photos/?ref=page_internal

I am not a member of facebook, but I'm able to see the pictures. The pictures give a small sample of what the Event has including a blow up Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in one of the arcade rooms.

21stamps

I'm sure Figgy will come up with a solution for you. In the interim, I have a stupid question: does it really matter if it's all perfectly cut? I mean, if a few things are slightly "off", will it make that much of a difference in the banner you're making? I know that banners are often hung up and viewed from a distance.
I’m not sure. It’s his first communion banner. He gets his photo taken with it, then it gets hung on a rod somewhere..I’m assuming at mass, not totally sure.
I’ve cut it as best I could.. I’ll figure out the bottom and the top later.. first we’ll decorate it, then decided if doing any kind of trim.

donaldtoo

Niceeee!!!

Glad you're enjoying the adventure!

I'm now temped to someday get my butt to New Orleans during festivities too!! I really want to try the food there on its source!

Boy howdy, do you ever need to...!!!!!! :hungry:
While we were there for youngest DDs 21st birthday in Sept. of 15 we ate at The Ruby Slipper, ACME Oyster House, Cafe du Monde, Napoleon House, Camellia Cafe, plus, two visits to Pat O'Brien's on Bourbon Steet for Hurricanes...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Cesar R M

Movement the day after a Hershey Park trip should really be optional...:in pain:
HAH!

Your comment reminded me of the first time ever I got into a theme park to ride ALL the coasters.
I ended with pain in the first 4 days in muscles I had no idea I had. And also light vertigo for 2 weeks (feeling like I was in a coster with uneasy movement when I was in my bed).

Cesar R M

Boy howdy, do you ever need to...!!!!!! :hungry:
While we were there for youngest DDs 21st birthday in Sept. of 15 we ate at The Ruby Slipper, ACME Oyster House, Cafe du Monde, Napoleon House, Camellia Cafe, plus, two visits to Pat O'Brien's on Bourbon Steet for Hurricanes...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
I swear every time I go overseas, I'm going to ask you all for suggestions and make a list XD

StarWarsGirl

HAH!

Your comment reminded me of the first time ever I got into a theme park to ride ALL the coasters.
I ended with pain in the first 4 days in muscles I had no idea I had. And also light vertigo for 2 weeks (feeling like I was in a coster with uneasy movement when I was in my bed).
Yup. I basically put us through theme park boot camp. Running from ride to ride. Because we must ride all the coasters. We did all of them, minus one that was closed the entire day and another that's lame and not worth the time. Then we repeated four rides (three coasters and the Hershey's Tower). I think we went on 15 different rides yesterday, plus the four repeats. And yes, laying in bed, I still felt like I was on rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom