The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yesterday it was pouring rain all day. We were under tornado watch, flood warnings, and severe weather warnings. The ferries and pretty much every other touristy thing down, but that didn't stop us from going out and having a good time. I didn't bring my camera though!!

We went to a place called Cochon Butcher for lunch and it was really the best meal we've had in this city. And that's saying something because all the food is amazing here. This was my muffaletta and it was delicious, but the pickles were to die for
20180414_104458.jpg

And my friend had a basic turkey sandwich, but it was so delicious she wouldn't even share a bite with us :hilarious::hilarious:

20180414_104416.jpg

I highly, HIGHLY recommend this place!! Like if you come to NOLA and you don't eat here, you're doing yourself a great disservice!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ugh. I've never had it that badly. Of course, my friends say I give off a very distinctive "Don't mess with me" vibe, so maybe that's it. The gropers sense, "Better not, probably would end up with a black eye." Or a knee to the groin.
Once my steps sisters, one mom and a couple of friends went out to celebrate mom's birthday. Some jerk said some not so lovely things to my mom. Glad statue of limitations has run out:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

21stamps

Here’s the response to my “will any of these games be rescheduled” email-

65C01A93-4B21-4947-BF8B-BCA3242A09F5.jpeg

Doesn’t sound too promising, but there’s a glimmer of hope, maybe..right?

T is SO BUMMED. So am I. :( It’s one thing to give up all of our outings/out of town weekends for sports.. it’s another to give them up and not even play the scheduled sport!!! I know it’s not their fault.. but it’s just so disappointing!!!!!!

FutureCEO

I was thinking of enrolling in Cumberland Farms where you save 10 cents/gallon on gas because I spend $100 - $150 a month on gas (only 10 gallon tank).

They want to know your checking account number (you can also get a card), drivers license number and last four of social. Isn't that a bit much to save 10 cents/gallon?

Songbird76

The weather person said there might be some lingering snow through Monday but I’m sure we will have school. I am hoping this is the last significant snow. Hubs just got inside from shoveling and said it is heavy snow with ice under it. It is still snowing and blowing.

We are supposed to go to a birthday party today I don’t think we should venture out. The roads still look gross and we live in town the party is out on small country roads.
Be safe, whatever you decide to do. If it's nasty, just stay home!! I hope it starts turning to Spring now. Wyoming was always iffy until about the end of May, beginning of June. Over here, we actually get all four seasons, though Summer usually only lasts a few weeks. Fine with me, though because I don't do well with the heat anyway.

Songbird76

Our soccer game is an hour away today, just packed the car with chair and umbrella, ready to leave.. and.... received a text..

It’s cancelled!!! :(

This is so crazy!! We’re down to 3 games left for T now. THREE. So far we’ve played ZERO.
So frustrating!!!!!!!!!
Is it because of weather again? This is getting ridiculous! I understand they can't do anything about bad weather, but they should reschedule or SOMETHING. How can they go through a season and not play?

Cesar R M

Yesterday it was pouring rain all day. We were under tornado watch, flood warnings, and severe weather warnings. The ferries and pretty much every other touristy thing **** down, but that didn't stop us from going out and having a good time. I didn't bring my camera though!!

We went to a place called Cochon Butcher for lunch and it was really the best meal we've had in this city. And that's saying something because all the food is amazing here. This was my muffaletta and it was delicious, but the pickles were to die for
View attachment 277904

And my friend had a basic turkey sandwich, but it was so delicious she wouldn't even share a bite with us :hilarious::hilarious:

View attachment 277905

I highly, HIGHLY recommend this place!! Like if you come to NOLA and you don't eat here, you're doing yourself a great disservice!
You know, we really should make a sticky thread to food recommendations on each place!

21stamps

Is it because of weather again? This is getting ridiculous! I understand they can't do anything about bad weather, but they should reschedule or SOMETHING. How can they go through a season and not play?
Yes, weather. I get that it’s tough to find field time for this many make up games.. but it’s just so frustrating! I’m not angry at the club..I’m sad that we’re watching his season pass by without game time!

Tryouts for Fall are in a little over a month..and if I want him to play with school I have to sign up by next week.. I wanted to see how he did in competitive soccer.. if the nerves were limited to that indoor team of older kids, or if it would happen in outdoor as well. I also wanted to see how much playing time he would get before I made the decision.

But, I’m out of time. So I’m signing him up for his school SAY program this month.. and if we do decide that another year of Club is what he wants (and I want)..then we’ll go to the tryouts and I guess if he makes it then our Fall schedule will be just as hectic as our Spring. 2 teams in the same season is tough... I didn’t want to do it two seasons per year! I was willing to do it in Spring because I don’t want him to give up baseball, he’s too good at it and enjoys it too much.. but I had no intention of 2 soccer teams in the Fall.

donaldtoo

The boys really enjoyed hanging out on Freret St. Jackson Square is a must stop. Honestly, if you just stay off Bourbon, unless you are looking for trouble, it should be alright.

Interesting. We never had any problems on Bourbon Steet at night on our trip. Definitely not meant for youngins', but, as adults, we never felt uncomfortable or threatened.
We had a blast...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom