The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

???????!!! Enough already!!
Potential Snow Monday morning??

More importantly— Look at Saturday and Sunday. Grrrrrr!!!
T’s coach decided last night that T will be the starting pitcher tomorrow. He’s so excited about it! This game better not get cancelled!!
Come on Mother Nature.. LET MY KID PLAY SPORTS!

0809DD8A-97B6-41F8-B511-AD2C531E2BFE.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

Yeah, I don't think I would have liked it much at 13....who assigns that kind of a book to 8th graders?? Not surprised you are traumatized!
Yeah, it was the advanced English class, which generally meant they assigned us books that they assigned everyone else two years later. But that book...I was definitely traumatized. I think I would have appreciated it more as an adult, but now I'm like...nope.

MouseDreaming

Now “To Kill a Mockingbird” is one of my favorites. I forgot I read that in high school. I agree, the movie is really good and it totally stuck to the story.
DD is reading it now, and it reminded me what really kills reading a book for school. It isn't the over analysis, although this happens because of that. DD loves the book, but she has to annotate. She finds herself so drawn in by the story, that at the end of a chapter, or 2 or more, she has to go back, because she realizes she forgot. I think stopping to underline, highlight, what have you, can really interrupt the flow of the story and writing. It is also why I now love books like Pride and Prejudice that I hated having to read in college.

MouseDreaming

Can you put up a picture of it because using the title I saw it for over $600 and I know you didn’t pay that for it.

Buy New
$17.95

51dMQNYKkJL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Make sure you are looking at Second Edition

MouseDreaming

We're in New Orleans. We've only been out for dinner and night time festivities so far because we arrived just before dinner yesterday. The food is amazing, though!!

Camera test shot in our house...
View attachment 277500

Lots of kids all over playing bucket drums. None had a hat out or anything for money so i think they were just having fun?
View attachment 277502

Shrimp po'boy with fried broccoli and cheese bites that were so good it was a spiritual experience :hilarious::hilarious:View attachment 277503
We were hungry when we finally sat down for food so we ordered nachos tooView attachment 277504

This is a no light/low light shot. It's too grainy to blow up for a poster or anything, but i thought it turned out pretty good, consideringView attachment 277505
Square donuts :hilarious::hilarious: this one could use some photo processing to lighten it up, thoughView attachment 277506

These things are MESSY to eat!! View attachment 277507

And of course, dacqueri tongues, lol
View attachment 277508

@21stamps I've seen a lot of kids here T's age and they appear to be having fun, but because we've only gone out at night so far we've only seen a bunch of drunk people in a party city. Not exactly a family environment. But there are a lot of family activities you can sign up for like swamp boats. I'll keep an eye out today in the sunshine, but I probably wouldn't bring my kid to the French Quarter at night until she's drinking age :hilarious::hilarious:
For kids, try Audobon park, the zoo, and City Park. Just some of the places my SIL and family frequents. There is also a Mardi Gras Museum that DS says is really cool. I have seen the pictures, and it has a lot of the floats.

MouseDreaming

Ha!! We actually had a pretty early night!! Being that most of us were up for work at five, we were back to the room and asleep by ten thirty ish.

Last night we got down to FQ around six ish and it was an adult vibe. I'll probably be hanging with the nephew today in the daylight though, so I'll report back!!
The boys really enjoyed hanging out on Freret St. Jackson Square is a must stop. Honestly, if you just stay off Bourbon, unless you are looking for trouble, it should be alright.

93boomer

Premium Member
We've been at WDW several times in summer when we've had storms roll in and just disrupt everything with blowing rain and lighting for about a half hour or so. But, even after the heavy stuff cleared out, it would keep drizzling for the rest of the afternoon into evening. We always carry ponchos, so no worries with the lighter to medium rain, but, we always took cover for the heavy stuff.

I've posted this a coupla' times before, but, the last time I posted, I'm pretty sure a few of y'all weren't on this thread yet.
Anyway, we were in EPCOT Center ;) on our July of '04 trip (oldest DD had her 13th birthday while we were there :)) one afternoon when all thunderstorm heck broke out. We were near Innoventions East at the time so we took quick cover there.
We found a spot on the floor to just hang out, ride it out, and discuss what we were going to do after the deluge...no biggie. As it continued it intensified. The automatic doors kept opening with guests running in followed by blowing rain, and crashes of lightning every few seconds. Our springs here are notoriously known for severe t-storms, so we're pretty used to it. Us and the kiddos just took it in stride, and were trying to figure out the rest of the day from there.
But, there were several children, and even a few adults, crying during the worst of it.
Felt so bad for them. And, not judging. We live in a place were from about mid April to about mid June all t-storm heck can break out at any time so we're more used to it.
After about 30 minutes it relented.
But, it was still drizzling, so we donned our ponchos and headed back out to a pretty empty Park compared to a half hour before...! ;)
Yeah do not like lightning storms!! I think I have heard too many bad stories from DH since he works for the power company. :(

Cesar R M

We're in New Orleans. We've only been out for dinner and night time festivities so far because we arrived just before dinner yesterday. The food is amazing, though!!

Camera test shot in our house...
View attachment 277500

Lots of kids all over playing bucket drums. None had a hat out or anything for money so i think they were just having fun?
View attachment 277502

Shrimp po'boy with fried broccoli and cheese bites that were so good it was a spiritual experience :hilarious::hilarious:View attachment 277503
We were hungry when we finally sat down for food so we ordered nachos tooView attachment 277504

This is a no light/low light shot. It's too grainy to blow up for a poster or anything, but i thought it turned out pretty good, consideringView attachment 277505
Square donuts :hilarious::hilarious: this one could use some photo processing to lighten it up, thoughView attachment 277506

These things are MESSY to eat!! View attachment 277507

And of course, dacqueri tongues, lol
View attachment 277508

@21stamps I've seen a lot of kids here T's age and they appear to be having fun, but because we've only gone out at night so far we've only seen a bunch of drunk people in a party city. Not exactly a family environment. But there are a lot of family activities you can sign up for like swamp boats. I'll keep an eye out today in the sunshine, but I probably wouldn't bring my kid to the French Quarter at night until she's drinking age :hilarious::hilarious:
Niceeee!!!

Glad you're enjoying the adventure!

I'm now temped to someday get my butt to New Orleans during festivities too!! I really want to try the food there on its source!

StarWarsGirl

Two people today...

The first was on the build team. He came to me asking how to install software. Like, aren't you supposed to figure that out? Or at least know how to use Google? I don't have an IT degree, but I could have figured out how to install that software. I googled instructions and sent them to him.

Then the second guy wanted me to submit a purchase requisition I knew would get rejected if I tried to submit it. I got all kinds of arguments. "Well, your coworker said it could be done!" I'm sorry my extremely pregnant coworker didn't catch the error before she had her baby this week. He tried to give me a form I already had, which wasn't what I needed. Finally, he did what I told him he needed to do. But it took a bunch of arguing with me before he actually did it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom