The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I've posted this before, but, it's been a while...
I once split my calcaneous bone wide open on the end of a diving board on a Friday the 13th...I was 13 years old. :cyclops:
We had just moved back to Texas and we're staying at a Ho Jo off the interstate before mom and pop bought our home.
I was in various casts for 4 months, and missed the first 2 weeks of my freshman year of HS in a new, strange school.
But, fortunately, I made friends fast, as everyone wanted to know who the new gimpy boy was...good times...!!!!! :joyfull: :hilarious:

SteveBrickNJ

I went searchin' online to see what I want for my Friday take out lunch.
Here is an unbelievable KFC deal .....when I get there will MY KFC be "participating"?
"Extra special $5 Fill up promotion:"

Breast
Wing
Mashed Potatoes
Med. Drink
Choc. chip cookie

Five :cautious:dollars(plus tax)???? :eek:o_O

I'll give a report later ;):cool:

@MOXOMUMD was correct. It also came with a biscuit.
My $5 KFC Lunch was an amazing value. I almost felt like THEY were losing money on this deal.20180413_125308.jpg

Songbird76

🎈🎈🎉🎂🎉🎈🎈
Happy Birthday, @Songbird76 !!
Thank you! But it's my husband's birthday, not mine. I never celebrate mine as it's a less than a week after DS's and that just gets too busy and he deserves his own celebration that he doesn't have to share with mom. I felt bad for DH this year, having his birthday on Friday the 13th! Seems to have been fine though. The only bad things were getting seated next to a really raucous group of women....SO. LOUD. And we ate way too much. First world problems, right?

Songbird76

Two people today...

The first was on the build team. He came to me asking how to install software. Like, aren't you supposed to figure that out? Or at least know how to use Google? I don't have an IT degree, but I could have figured out how to install that software. I googled instructions and sent them to him.

Then the second guy wanted me to submit a purchase requisition I knew would get rejected if I tried to submit it. I got all kinds of arguments. "Well, your coworker said it could be done!" I'm sorry my extremely pregnant coworker didn't catch the error before she had her baby this week. He tried to give me a form I already had, which wasn't what I needed. Finally, he did what I told him he needed to do. But it took a bunch of arguing with me before he actually did it.
You really can't fix stupid. And arguing does nothing. I had a GA for one of the classes I had to take in college. It was a requirement for my degree, so I couldn't drop the class and pick something else...it was supposed to be a math class. Quantitative Reasoning...I have no idea what were were supposed to learn in that class. My understanding was that it had something to do with how to make up tests that were fair and effective to use in the classroom, but it really had nothing to do with anything. The GA had signed up for a kind of Work/Study thing so he could make money while getting his Masters. But his degree was in social work and he was hopeless with math. It was the only opening they had for a GA, so he took it. In our first week, he assigns us some problems. We do them, bring them back, and this girl asked how to do this one problem....I know it involved 15%...you had to multiply something by 15%. He doesn't know how to do it. So one of my friends (There were 4 of us music majors in that class) raises her hand and says, "You have to multiply this by .15..." and he cuts her off and says "No, it's 15%." She says "Yes, so .15..." He says "No, it's 15%. Not .15!" She says ".15 IS 15%.....it's 15% represented as a decimal." And all of us are telling him she's right and he finally just says "I'll have to ask my supervising professor, because I don't really know."
Then a few weeks later, he assigns us a graph. We have to make a graph to show specific data. I did a bar graph and I think it was something about population by decade, so I put the decades across the bottom and then the bars were vertical, with the population by 10,000 or something along the left. (y-axis) He gave me a zero because my bars went vertical and not horizontal. I was so confused...I was like...WHY does that matter? He said he'd give me another shot. So I switched the axes, and he still gave me a zero....I wasn't supposed to switch where the populations and decades were listed...I was just supposed to make the bars go horizontal. I told him that was impossible...you CAN'T do that, because then the graph doesn't show what you want it to show. He insisted I just didn't know how to make a graph. My husband, (we had just started dating) came to the US to visit. He is an engineer. AMAZING with math. He sat in on one of the classes and he was appalled at what an idiot this guy was and it cleared up for him why I was asking him every day on the phone to help me with my homework because this guy couldn't explain how to do ANYTHING. He sat through that class and corrected everything the guy said under his breath to me. Thank GOD the final was a take home. My friends and I sat down with DH and he walked us through every question...we all made sure we got a couple wrong on purpose, and none of us got all the same ones wrong. 3 of the 4 of us were honor students and still wouldn't have passed without my DH to help. That's how incompetent this teacher was.
I'm sorry you had to deal with that...let's hope it was a Friday the 13th thing and that next week, people will have recovered their brain cells.

Songbird76

DD has her big exam starting on Monday. She's not really stressed as the new law prohibits schools from using this test as the main factor in admittance, and the results can only be used to raise the advice, not lower it, and she's already got the highest level of advice possible, so for her, the test really doesn't mean anything. But it's still a measure of what she knows, etc. (Think SAT for 6th graders) They did a practice test (last year's test) the last 2 days and she said she only missed 6 questions out of all the components they did, so that's great. The test takes 3 days! She said the vocabulary was pretty hard...she knows her vocabulary is pretty good and even she doesn't know a lot of these words, though she was able to kind of break them down to figure out what they mean. Like, she said one of the words was "expertise" and she saw the word "expert" in there, so she was able to guess the answer based on that. So the REAL test starts on Monday....extra pixie dust, please!! I know it doesn't really COUNT for anything, but she's a perfectionist and she said it's making her nervous that she's not more nervous about this test. She said she doesn't feel like she has a big test coming up, and I said that was good, because it meant that she was relaxed, and she said that was what made her nervous....she shouldn't be so relaxed when she has a big test coming up! So she would appreciate any prayers, pixie dust, positive thoughts you can spare.

MySmallWorldof4

Buy New
$17.95

51dMQNYKkJL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Make sure you are looking at Second Edition
Just ordered. 🙂

MySmallWorldof4

???????!!! Enough already!!
Potential Snow Monday morning??

More importantly— Look at Saturday and Sunday. Grrrrrr!!!
T’s coach decided last night that T will be the starting pitcher tomorrow. He’s so excited about it! This game better not get cancelled!!
Come on Mother Nature.. LET MY KID PLAY SPORTS!

View attachment 277546
Good luck T!!!!

MySmallWorldof4

I've posted this before, but, it's been a while...
I once split my calcaneous bone wide open on the end of a diving board on a Friday the 13th...I was 13 years old. :cyclops:
We had just moved back to Texas and we're staying at a Ho Jo off the interstate before mom and pop bought our home.
I was in various casts for 4 months, and missed the first 2 weeks of my freshman year of HS in a new, strange school.
But, fortunately, I made friends fast, as everyone wanted to know who the new gimpy boy was...good times...!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
Nothing like a cast to bring about sympathy from girls and curiosity from boys. Best of both worlds. ;)

21stamps

Good luck T!!!!
Thanks!

So.. my kid just called me at work.. Totally Ditched Me!!! I was about to leave to pick him up and head to preview night at KI.. he called and said “Hey Mommy, can I go swimming with a friend instead?”

:( :( :(

I’m a walking pillar of contradiction- On one hand- I want him to be more independent.
On the other- I want him to always want to hang out with me.

Cesar R M

Two people today...

The first was on the build team. He came to me asking how to install software. Like, aren't you supposed to figure that out? Or at least know how to use Google? I don't have an IT degree, but I could have figured out how to install that software. I googled instructions and sent them to him.
How did he get his job in the build team if he cant set up things he is supposed to set up?
Then the second guy wanted me to submit a purchase requisition I knew would get rejected if I tried to submit it. I got all kinds of arguments. "Well, your coworker said it could be done!"
This guy in the other hand.. I assume he's a guy. I'm getting a vibe of those classic "brodudes" who feel superior and think women should stay in the kitchen or do what the men say .. Christ..

Cesar R M

@MOXOMUMD was correct. It also came with a biscuit.
My $5 KFC Lunch was an amazing value. I almost felt like THEY were losing money on this deal.View attachment 277642
Or perhaps they are settling up the price worldwide?

It costs 4.5 USD to get a similar package like the one in the picture for us in Mexico.

A "box" of 2 pieces, the drink, biscuit, sweet extras and the mashed potatoes with gravy.

*edit*
Corrected to 4.5 USD and not 45...

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Or perhaps they are settling up the price worldwide?

It costs 45 USD to get a similar package like the one in the picture for us in Mexico.

A "box" of 2 pieces, the drink, biscuit, sweet extras and the mashed potatoes with gravy.

Be patient with me please. Here goes my guess. You looked at a similar KFC package in Mexico....saw the price in Pesos and then converted it to US dollars and after the conversion it would cost $45?
Is that correct or am I confused?

Cesar R M

Be patient with me please. Here goes my guess. You looked at a similar KFC package in Mexico....saw the price in Pesos and then converted it to US dollars and after the conversion it would cost $45?
Is the correct or am I confused?
Ok, I'm dumb.. I forgot to add a decimal point in there.

The correct price is 4.5 USD

Which resolves to 85 Mexican pesos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom