The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I was thinking of enrolling in Cumberland Farms where you save 10 cents/gallon on gas because I spend $100 - $150 a month on gas (only 10 gallon tank).

They want to know your checking account number (you can also get a card), drivers license number and last four of social. Isn't that a bit much to save 10 cents/gallon?
I think it is because whenever a place like that offers a 10 cent per gallon discount... as does Costco and B.J.'s Warehouse, it is in the form of a credit card and the perks usually include discounts for in store purchases as well. The only way of assuring that you aren't passing out a card to all your friends, it is an issued credit card and that requires information.

21stamps

I can’t sew. I can’t cut straight. I can make things.. but I hate getting the base out of the way.
Between sports/cancelled sports/work/birthday planning/first communion planning. I’m seriously one more project away from a complete mental meltdown. Can someone please cut and sew this banner for me?!

wdwfan4ver

I only went the convention on Saturday with my Younger brother despite have a wristband for Sunday. At the time we pre-ordered the tickets months, we had no idea that Elsa was going to take over the Weather on Sunday. The Convention is still happening today, but it was changed from a rain/snow mix to all snow.

We treated Saturday as it being the only day we were going to be at the convention by the way we brought money, and did things in general there. What happened was there was starting to be weather predications of 2 to 4 inches of snow on Sunday on Friday.

It was starting to snow from the sky when we came back home yesterday from the convention around 5 in the afternoon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Interesting. We never had any problems on Bourbon Steet at night on our trip. Definitely not meant for youngins', but, as adults, we never felt uncomfortable or threatened.
We had a blast...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Years ago, I worked for a hotel company that had a property in New Orleans. I recall the general manager telling colleagues that if they went out on Bourbon Street at night, to stay directly on that street only, and not even think of going down any side streets, etc. He also suggested to dress down a bit and not look like a target. Luckily, no incidents, and they all had a great time down there.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I can’t sew. I can’t cut straight. I can make things.. but I hate getting the base out of the way.
Between sports/cancelled sports/work/birthday planning/first communion planning. I’m seriously one more project away from a complete mental meltdown. Can someone please cut and sew this banner for me?!

I can't cut straight either, but I swear that glue works well for everything!! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I only went the convention on Saturday with my Younger brother despite have a wristband for Sunday. At the time we pre-ordered the tickets months, we had no idea that Elsa was going to take over the Weather on Sunday. The Convention is still happening today, but it was changed from a rain/snow mix to all snow.

We treated Saturday as it being the only day we were going to be at the convention by the way we brought money, and did things in general there. What happened was there was starting to be weather predications of 2 to 4 inches of snow on Sunday on Friday.

It was starting to snow from the sky when we came back home yesterday from the convention around 5 in the afternoon.

Oh my. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the convention today, due to inclement driving weather. At least you and your brother had fun yesterday, so the weekend wasn't a total loss. (You must have been bummed out to pay for 2 days each, though. Ugh. Sympathy. :facepalm: )

Figgy1

Premium Member
No prob!
all for the low low cost of an all expenses paid week at Poly

Figgy1

Premium Member

Sympathy like

21stamps

No prob!
all for the low low cost of an all expenses paid week at Poly

Ha ha! I wish I could give myself one of those right now!
@21stamps do you have a rotary cutter? I originally got mine for cutting quilt strips but I use it for almost every straight line that now needs to be cut:)

No, I don’t have one. I have a craft cutting board.. but it’s only for paper. I’m using felt.. had no idea that Michael’s would sell a bag of felt without straight edges!! It’s making all of the dimensions off. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha ha! I wish I could give myself one of those right now!

No, I don’t have one. I have a craft cutting board.. but it’s only for paper. I’m using felt.. had no idea that Michael’s would sell a bag of felt without straight edges!! It’s making all of the dimensions off. :(
Craft board, Xacto knife and any solid straight edge should work. Good luck

wdwfan4ver

Oh my. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the convention today, due to inclement driving weather. At least you and your brother had fun yesterday, so the weekend wasn't a total loss. (You must have been bummed out to pay for 2 days each, though. Ugh. Sympathy. :facepalm: )
The good news is I only had a loss of $10.00 on the tickets. If it wasn't for the weather, My younger brother and I had a deal in price of the tickets.

What happened was the site had pre-ordered ticket options including weekend admission ticket package. We went to with the Weekend admission package with it costing $55.00 per person. One day ticket for Saturday cost $45.00 person.

Sunday tickets cost individually $25.00 per person except if the person is a kid 9 or younger. Kids 9 years old or younger get frees admission on Sunday if that kid is with an adult.

Sunday was cheap due to it running less time than Saturday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, I definitely need luck with this part!

Do you know offhand if Hobby Lobby will cut fabric at certain exact dimensions? We need one more piece of fabric for a separate project, I can’t go through cutting it myself again.

I'm sure Figgy will come up with a solution for you. In the interim, I have a stupid question: does it really matter if it's all perfectly cut? I mean, if a few things are slightly "off", will it make that much of a difference in the banner you're making? I know that banners are often hung up and viewed from a distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom