The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Good News! Glad she is feeling better.

I'm not a big fan of how frequently pets are vaccinated. Their version of whooping cough is every single year where the human version is generally twice in a lifetime and our lifetime is so much longer. Then all the pesticides we have them swallow for heartworm, fleas and ticks. None of my pets ever had the Lyme disease vaccination only because I wasn't comfortable with how that was vetted for trials. I tend to follow and keep track of what the pet/horse people are saying and doing within their communities as they are on top of things. Me, I just see far more autoimmune problems with pets over the last decade and a half. So many more things we keep pumping into their systems. It is a big business with little to no liability for a pet.
People too, I now have something called Plax Psoriasis. It really itches and makes it worse, but the meds. are worse than lousy skin on my leg. It's funny you go along, and then things start breaking down slowly in your body. My Dr. calls it old age. Hey, who is calling me old?;);););)

Songbird76

We have little stores that are family owned. The big chains have taken over. I hate chain stores and restaurants. Nothing is original anymore.
I really miss all our favorite restaurants over there...none of them are chains. Bisettis in Fort Collins is Italian, and we make sure we go there whenever we visit, though that won't be often now that my dad is gone. I DO still have my brother there, though! And in Laramie, there used to be a family owned Mexican restaurant, Chelos...it was TINY, but always packed. They closed a few years ago...I'm betting the parents wanted to retire and the kids had their own lives and didn't want to take it over. I can't imagine they closed because of lack of business. I never saw it when people WEREN'T waiting for a table to open up. (I was in choir with one of the girls in college) And then also in Laramie, Rose's...it was a chinese place. Rose was the waitress and her mom did the cooking. Her mom was so cute...she was just a little bit of a thing and spoke hardly any English and they had the kind of kitchen where you could see over the counter into the back if you were at one of the tables in the main room and she'd watch and you would give her a thumbs up and she'd smile and say " You welca!" (You're welcome) and you could tell she loved to cook and loved when people enjoyed her food. They closed down a few years ago, too, because Rose wanted to retire. I was so sad when my brother told me. And then in Hill City, South Dakota is the Alpine Inn. The only thing they serve is filet mignon with a baked potato, wedge salad, and toast and they have AMAZING desserts, too. But because that's the only thing they serve, they buy in bulk and it keeps the price down. I've never had a bad meal there. Those are my favorites and I'm so sad that 2 of them are gone. Over here, there's a Greek place we love, but I'm wondering how much longer it will be open. It's been pretty dead the last few times we've gone, and the quality has gone downhill a bit.

betty rose

Oh my. Yea, ya' kinda' gotta' factor the stair width into the design...! :rolleyes:
Most big homes we do these days have minimum 12 ft. ceilings on the ground floor. We always compensate for larger staircases. 4 ft. wide minimum in most cases, sometimes as wide as 5-6 feet or more, with 12" treads. Whatever the client wants! :)
"They got the money honey, we got the time!!!" :joyfull: :D ;) :)
Yes, listen to what the customer wants. That's good service.

betty rose

When I moved here, I got a kick out of what Dutch people call "A lot of snow". Coming from Wyoming, I'm used to storms where we get 3 feet dumped on us and there's "no unnecessary travel". Here, we got a dusting and everyone FREAKED. My MIL freaked because my husband and I wanted to walk into the centrum...it was only a 10-15 minute walk..we were really close. And she was like "but there's so much SNOW out there!! You could fall!" Well...it wouldn't be the first time. I told her if I stayed inside every time we got snow like that in Wyoming, I'd be inside for more than half the year. I remember we had a choir performance the next week so we had a dress rehearsal and it was the last rehearsal before the performance and half the people didn't show up because the " roads were so bad". It was kind of comical to me, but it really is dangerous because people don't know how to drive in it and they MAKE it dangerous.
Yes, we are seeing more and more people not being able to drive in the snow. If it's a blizzard, they get in their SUV and barrel down the highway. Pretty soon they are in the ditch.

betty rose

My dh 5' 10 1/2, my pop 5' 9, father in law 6'2 one bro 6' 3. Thanks to my younger ds' gorilla arms my older ds is getiing younger one's coat from last year and I'm heading out to get younger one a new one today. My baby wears the same size shoes as my dh and is just about as tall and he's only 15 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both grandson's are taller than all of us. One at 14 and the other at 11. It's new things every few month's. Somebody is slipping to many hormone's into our food. A study suggest that tall people don't live as long as short people. I guess I'll be around a good long time!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Well someone needs to keep the in store personnel employed. I do feel bad when I walk in our dead mall. I have lived here 6 years and have been maybe 6 or 7 times. It is in a dry county so they couldn't put any restaurants over there. There are barely any stores in there anymore. The movie theater is pretty much the only draw now. All the new shopping was built in my town so it has built up shopping wise but with mostly stores like Target and Kohl's and almost every chain restaurant you can think of but Chuy's.

Me too! I only go to our mall because it has TJMaxx as an anchor store. Ours is slowly dying. :(

There was a guest speaker at my work who was an expert on automation, and he said the current prediction is the all malls will be obsolete within five years. I think that's probably a bit aggressive, but you can definitely see them actively dying off. As someone who almost exclusively shops online, I'm part of the problem. The only time we go to the mall is for Build a Bear or other "experience" shops

betty rose

Ha ha ha!! One of my brothers lives in NC, and he thinks it's hilarious how they (don't) deal with the snow. On his side street, a plow "might" go by, but basically they just let it melt down there. Snow removal equipment isn't their "thing". :p
We have massive snow removal equipment for highways or snow routes. In our area it's about 4 days before we get plowed. Then, the snow has turned to ice. And that's very heavy. I'm hoping this is my last winter!

MySmallWorldof4

People too, I now have something called Plax Psoriasis. It really itches and makes it worse, but the meds. are worse than lousy skin on my leg. It's funny you go along, and then things start breaking down slowly in your body. My Dr. calls it old age. Hey, who is calling me old?;);););)
I wonder if all these skin issues are caused by food sensitivities developed over time. The main culprit the pesticides being used on the foods. I always say we cannot see what is going on in the body until it gets to a point where other organs get affected, the skin being the largest organ in the body. Just a thought I had.

betty rose

I wanted to get my license when I was there last summer, and then I thought I might be able to get it when I was there for my dad's funeral. The thing is that you have to have proof of residency to get your license in the US. So I had to prove I live in Wyoming. I do have a bank account there and my statements go to my brother's address in my name, so it would have been fine, but the DMV wouldn't accept bank statements as proof. It had to be utilities bills. So then when dad died, we had to keep the phone and the electricity open and I thought I could transfer them into my name so I would have the proof of residency, BUT I didn't have a vehicle to drive to take the test in, and I ran out of time. So I figured I'd just get it here when the estate was finalized because then I should have enough from the sale of the cattle after all the bills are paid. I may or may not have more...it depends on how much the lawyer costs, but as hopeless as she's been, I can't imagine it will be an exorbitant fee. Right now, I just want to have enough to pay all the costs. But once that's done, it would be nice to have enough to get my license...and maybe another car once I have that license, but that's probably not going to happen.
I'm hoping the best for you. Sell the cattle and property,now!

MySmallWorldof4

There was a guest speaker at my work who was an expert on automation, and he said the current prediction is the all malls will be obsolete within five years. I think that's probably a bit aggressive, but you can definitely see them actively dying off. As someone who almost exclusively shops online, I'm part of the problem. The only time we go to the mall is for Build a Bear or other "experience" shops
You’re not the only one. I am guilty as well. Funny thing about the automation. Dh told one of his hoity toity know it all college friends a few years back that people would get replaced by machines. It would be cheaper long term to have machines do human work. His friend scoffed. Dh wasn’t far off in reality. You have Ziosks in restaurants now. Soon servers will just bring food and eventually robots may.

betty rose

Our mall food court is busy and that's about all. But they are not making much money, McDonalds , closed, so did Burger King, Subway, a Pizza Place, and a really good deli. I think the Panda Express is next to go, they have customer's but their prices are getting too expensive.

betty rose

I wonder if all these skin issues are caused by food sensitivities developed over time. The main culprit the pesticides being used on the foods. I always say we cannot see what is going on in the body until it gets to a point where other organs get affected, the skin being the largest organ in the body. Just a thought I had.
I agree, our food, water air is so much worse and then the chemicals. When they say organic, they don't spray the crops, but do spray the ground they are grown on, the plants get their nutrients from the soil and it's already polluted for next 100 years. I worked for Kroger, and was told what was going on. People need to see how the farmer's grow their crops. I'm sure some a honest about practices and some are not.

betty rose

You’re not the only one. I am guilty as well. Funny thing about the automation. Dh told one of his hoity toity know it all college friends a few years back that people would get replaced by machines. It would be cheaper long term to have machines do human work. His friend scoffed. Dh wasn’t far off in reality. You have Ziosks in restaurants now. Soon servers will just bring food and eventually robots may.
Did you ever have a Chutes? It was almost all automated, the food went down a chute and delivered to you. It was early for it's time back in the 80's. I could see it surviving in today's world. The food was good and consistent too!

betty rose

Yes, I definitely breathed a huge sigh of relief. The minute I told my husband, he told me that I should have went ahead with my 2nd cataract surgery. Men can be so dense at times. Why does he not understand that that was not my choice? My PC doctor will give me clearance after I see the cardiologist, I am sure. Besides, the cataract surgery is not a medical emergency, and I am beginning to believe that my irregular heartbeat was a direct reaction to the cold wet feeling I experienced unexpectedly during the procedure. I still have a slow heartbeat, and that must mostly be caused by my hypothyroidism. One question for the cardiologist. My husband said to stop taking my cholesterol medicine, but as long as I have no side effects, I will continue that. Besides, I need a followup blood test for that in December, to see if my cholesterol numbers have gone down. My husband thinks I am healthier than I am. I have some issues. Who doesn't at the age of 70?
Welcome to the "old age" club, as my Dr. likes to call it. Got a problem, oh it's old age. Guess this beats the other alternative!;););)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom