The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I can't eat stuff like that anymore. Once in a while for a treat but it better be a small plate version. I just don't feel well after eating 82 grams of fat for a meal.

That is why I like to order the fajita's. I can put on bits of the stuff that is bad for me and load up on the veggies and sauces that won't make me have an Elvis last Day. :rolleyes: I had 3 meals out of my Fajita Platter. I've also become a fan of Fish Taco's. Thinking my days have come and gone that I can eat that kinda stuff. OLD says I. :cyclops:
Hubby and I have been there for awhile. I'm looking more and more at cream of rice...no milk!

betty rose

Very pretty!

Epcot kinda describes me. I can look for beauty all day in all the countries buildings in the World Showcase. Me beyond SSE for very different reasons I am not awestruck by any of buildings inside or out within Future World. The attractions are/were a different conversation.
Same here, I love going to the back of Epcot. It's as close as I will be able to go around the world.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have never seen a black squirrel. So beautiful. Thanks for the pics!

The black squirrels vary here some solid, some black with a white belly and tail stripe, makes them look like a skunk in reverse. One that is pretty is black with a rust belly and rust on the tip of their tails. I don't know where they came from in Northern IL 'cause it has only been the last decade I've seen them and more so now. Maybe the black is dominate color for babies????
Exhausted-black-squirrel-resting.jpg

Solid white squirrels just make me think RAT!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Coming up fast!! I'm so jealous! I'd LOVE to do Disney for my birthday!

I have done my Birthday twice lately. 2012 and 2014 anyhow. My birthday is during Flower and Garden and I love that time in Disney 'cause it is still so cold and winterish here.

Still I was a bit taken back when the bus driver had me wave and then had the entire bus sing me happy birthday. :cyclops:

93boomer

Premium Member
I have done my Birthday twice lately. 2012 and 2014 anyhow. My birthday is during Flower and Garden and I love that time in Disney 'cause it is still so cold and winterish here.

Still I was a bit taken back when the bus driver had me wave and then had the entire bus sing me happy birthday. :cyclops:
I have only been one time exactly on my birthday. It was fun. Back then you could wear your button and just get birthday congrats.
Oh goodness! Gotta keep that from happening. I am not telling anyone else at Disney when my birthday is. No button for me!

betty rose

Good news!!! We're going to Disney for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided that we both really need a break from the madness. Between DH working his tail off at work and not getting any vacation a week at a time all summer and my asthma and now high bp, we have got to get away. His boss said it was ok and approved a week in Dec. I am soo happy!!!! If I could do somersaults, one or two would be in order. :D:p
Sorry about the blood pressure. And the asthma, it's been a horrible year for both. I hope you get to enjoy being away from it all. We are going to Disney in February or March, I can't remember right now. I need to start a countdown. It's just hubby and I....we have no fast passes, food reservations etc. It's a time to get away and relax. In June the grand son's come along with daughter. And it will be go, go, go. This time I'm taking a cane, before the June trip. Can anyone say old, old, old. Yes, my Dr. can. :eek::rolleyes:;););)

betty rose

Ironically, this happensto me in the opposite way. I work from home.. so all the entire thing goes nuts when I'm about to take a vacation.
Suddenly every single project needs to be done YESTERDAY.
and how suddenly "all sales must go!" before I go :|
Hubby's firm was like that. And he had to be in touch all the time. He retired early because of burnout. Most of the people quit early too....same disease. Business's don't care about their employ's . They work people to death, and go for someone cheaper after they are gone. No matter that people's health has suffered, they just want to wash their hand's of them and move on to the next victim. Son-in-law worked at hubby's recommendation, for the same company. It was too abusive to him....now I think back and laugh at that statement. Daughter worked for attorney's at the same place and they were like many attorney's...they want things yesterday. She worked for Oppenheimer funds and was treated much more fairly. Hubby stayed, he was abused his whole life and didn't know the difference. But, everyone in the family suffers. Don't stay where people don't value your work....in the long run it's not worth it.

betty rose

HAHA! I actually lived in a tee pee for six months when I was 19 (not by choice...we were so broke we couldn't afford crackers, lol)...we fished for dinner every night, I learned about Native American culture, taught myself to do beadwork, carved a bow and set of arrows from branches of an ash tree, learned to make the best beef jerky EVER...it was really pretty cool. (And taught this gal - who was originally a pretty high-maintenance teenaged girl - a thing or seven. ;) ) We met so many amazing people from all over the world...good times!
Are you Native American? My dad's mother was 100% blackfoot. My hubby's grandfather was 100% Cherokee. We know both good times, and not so good times. I liked living on the farm better than any city. You could climb trees, swing on grape vines over a ravine, go fishing for dinner. I liked fishing , but not fish. Or squirrel, or rabbit. It's what we had, so I ate lots of vegetables. I couldn't hurt my animal friends.

betty rose

He had his number plate lights and boot release mechanism fixed at the FiaT agent.
Wednesdays visit is for a service at a smaller independent garage.

Did you hear about the man who took his car in for a service ?
He got the car stuck in the church doors ...
Okay this cracked me up. I wish I had a brain to tell this to the grand son's. So funny!

betty rose

As promised...

The finished CAD preliminary floor plans from last week...sorry about the glare, I forgot to turn on the overhead fluorescent lights in my office... :oops: I prefer to work at the computer with just the natural light from my open window shades, and the natural light and a desk lamp over my drafting table, but, it was getting dark out when I took them... :cyclops:

Main floor, upper floor, and lower floor, respectively...

View attachment 244120
View attachment 244121
View attachment 244122

And, a much more developed rendering of the monster house model...

View attachment 244123
View attachment 244127
View attachment 244133

"Dusk" view...

View attachment 244134

And, another huge one we did recently up in Lubbock, Texas, actually, that may, or may not, be more to some peoples liking...

View attachment 244135
View attachment 244136
I loved both. It makes so much difference when nothing is planted on the outside. We moved in , and our house had front sod, one tree and that was it. Nothing done in the back yard, but mud. I got to work on that and changed the landscape. Made a world of difference. Maybe hubby has a backyard picture somewhere. I will post what my blood sweat and tears yielded us.

Last edited:

betty rose

I've been told I am on my father's side, but I have no idea how true that is. Nice simple life - love it!!!
I couldn't hurt animals either unless it was that or starve. ;)
We had a nice big garden and my Mom canned what we didn't eat. So there were plenty of veggies for us. Dad liked to hunt, but I wouldn't eat any of that stuff, Mom once called it chicken I took one bite and never trusted her until she brought home a chicken from my Aunt's house...down the road, the raised chickens and eggs. We swapped our veggies for chicken and eggs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom