1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Mom, Oct 19, 2014.

1. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

There was a guest speaker at my work who was an expert on automation, and he said the current prediction is the all malls will be obsolete within five years. I think that's probably a bit aggressive, but you can definitely see them actively dying off. As someone who almost exclusively shops online, I'm part of the problem. The only time we go to the mall is for Build a Bear or other "experience" shops

donaldtoo, Gabe1, Cesar R M and 5 others like this.
  2. betty rose

betty rose Premium Member

We have massive snow removal equipment for highways or snow routes. In our area it's about 4 days before we get plowed. Then, the snow has turned to ice. And that's very heavy. I'm hoping this is my last winter!

donaldtoo, Gabe1, MinnieM123 and 2 others like this.
  3. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

I wonder if all these skin issues are caused by food sensitivities developed over time. The main culprit the pesticides being used on the foods. I always say we cannot see what is going on in the body until it gets to a point where other organs get affected, the skin being the largest organ in the body. Just a thought I had.

4. 93boomer

93boomer Well-Known Member

Actual trip will be a few weeks later but it is still a birthday trip.

donaldtoo, Songbird76, Gabe1 and 6 others like this.
  5. betty rose

I'm hoping the best for you. Sell the cattle and property,now!

6. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

You’re not the only one. I am guilty as well. Funny thing about the automation. Dh told one of his hoity toity know it all college friends a few years back that people would get replaced by machines. It would be cheaper long term to have machines do human work. His friend scoffed. Dh wasn’t far off in reality. You have Ziosks in restaurants now. Soon servers will just bring food and eventually robots may.

7. 93boomer

93boomer Well-Known Member

Thank you!

8. betty rose

Our mall food court is busy and that's about all. But they are not making much money, McDonalds , closed, so did Burger King, Subway, a Pizza Place, and a really good deli. I think the Panda Express is next to go, they have customer's but their prices are getting too expensive.

9. betty rose

I agree, our food, water air is so much worse and then the chemicals. When they say organic, they don't spray the crops, but do spray the ground they are grown on, the plants get their nutrients from the soil and it's already polluted for next 100 years. I worked for Kroger, and was told what was going on. People need to see how the farmer's grow their crops. I'm sure some a honest about practices and some are not.

donaldtoo, Gabe1, Cesar R M and 3 others like this.
  10. betty rose

Did you ever have a Chutes? It was almost all automated, the food went down a chute and delivered to you. It was early for it's time back in the 80's. I could see it surviving in today's world. The food was good and consistent too!

11. betty rose

Welcome to the "old age" club, as my Dr. likes to call it. Got a problem, oh it's old age. Guess this beats the other alternative!;););)

12. betty rose

I ran the air conditioning almost never, now that hubby has retired I wear a sweater all summer.

13. betty rose

Must be radiation, coming from the sun!:rolleyes::eek:;););)

14. Gabe1

Gabe1 Premium Member

I did drive in the snow but I genuinely avoid it still. My truck is 4x4 and it handles pretty darn well if you just use brain cells when driving.
    Still some of my fellow 4x4 drivers fail to understand is 4 wheel drive doesn't do much on ice and doesn't nothing for the distance you need to leave to stop your truck. Me if I don't have to drive in the snow I do avoid it 'cause if I am cautious that doesn't stop other fools from hitting me.

15. Gabe1

Gabe1 Premium Member

It is rare in the summer for me to turn off the A/C. I'm more inclined to turn the heat on and off in the fall.

16. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it's worse because of allergies or stress.

17. figmentfan423

That's part of the reason we went organic, hasn't helped:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

18. DisneyBound2017

Don't discount household disinfectants! A couple recent studies have shown a strong correlation between households that clean a lot with cleaners and kids who have food allergies and sensitivities.

donaldtoo, Gabe1, Cesar R M and 4 others like this.
  19. DisneyBound2017

The factories in Germany are already mostly fully automated. Robots, man. But their joblessness numbers didn't change. Having automated work still creates work! I, for one, am looking forward to a lot more automation. I have several people I work with who are scared of it though.

20. figmentfan423

My dh won't be allowed to retire:D We'll never be able to afford his A/C bill:cautious:

donaldtoo, Gabe1, MinnieM123 and 3 others like this.