The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Pixieish

I bought ds a new winter coat 2 months ago because they were on sale. When it arrived it looked a little long in the arms. He wore it the other day and now it looks short in the arm length! :banghead::banghead:He was my height beginning of summer, but now he is an inch taller. I don’t want him not to grow, it’s just I expect to get my moneys worth on clothes. :rolleyes:

Your son grows 2 sizes in a couple of weeks too, huh? Cripes. I bought ours 3 pairs of jeans at the beginning of the summer because he outgrew his old ones, and two weeks later I had to buy more because the new ones were too small. UGH.

MySmallWorldof4

Your son grows 2 sizes in a couple of weeks too, huh? Cripes. I bought ours 3 pairs of jeans at the beginning of the summer because he outgrew his old ones, and two weeks later I had to buy more because the new ones were too small. UGH.
I think my ds is making up for my oldest dd not growing in height much at all this year. He grows 6 inches in a year and she grows 1. :confused:

BAChicagoGal

Fantastic!! That's so great to hear! Do you feel better about it now? I'm sure it was worrying until you got the normal result.

Yes, I definitely breathed a huge sigh of relief. The minute I told my husband, he told me that I should have went ahead with my 2nd cataract surgery. Men can be so dense at times. Why does he not understand that that was not my choice? My PC doctor will give me clearance after I see the cardiologist, I am sure. Besides, the cataract surgery is not a medical emergency, and I am beginning to believe that my irregular heartbeat was a direct reaction to the cold wet feeling I experienced unexpectedly during the procedure. I still have a slow heartbeat, and that must mostly be caused by my hypothyroidism. One question for the cardiologist. My husband said to stop taking my cholesterol medicine, but as long as I have no side effects, I will continue that. Besides, I need a followup blood test for that in December, to see if my cholesterol numbers have gone down. My husband thinks I am healthier than I am. I have some issues. Who doesn't at the age of 70?

Songbird76

Does that mean if you get a regular license you can drive either?
I don't think so...licenses are all separate. Like...if you get a license for an automatic, you can't drive a manual. Though if you get a license for manual, you CAN drive automatic as well. But just like you have to get a separate license for a motorcycle, or to pull a trailer, you have to get a separate one for scooters here, too.

Songbird76

Can you not ride on learner plates over there until you take a test?
Learner plates? What is that? Here, you have an accredited instructor who teaches you in a special car that has pedals on both sides so the instructor can intervene if necessary, and the learner vehicles are marked. You can't drive a regular car until you have your license.

Songbird76

Mine does that too! He usually has a huge growth spurt in the Summer...I buy new clothes and they are big and 3 weeks later they are too short.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Learner plates? What is that? Here, you have an accredited instructor who teaches you in a special car that has pedals on both sides so the instructor can intervene if necessary, and the learner vehicles are marked. You can't drive a regular car until you have your license.
You can ride a bike (age dependent) on L-plates prior to your test.
As for cars you can drive on L-plates as long as your passenger has insurance and has held a full licence for a year

FutureCEO

My guess is that where @FutureCEO is coming from on all this, is that he's used to seeing the old mansions in Newport, RI, that had tons of outward details, etc. I've also seen all the mansions down there, and they are big ol' beauties--but again, those came about in the Gilded Age.

As you noted above, newer designs can also be attractive, once all the finishing touches, colors, etc. are added in, and the landscaping rounds out the complete picture.

For me, I like both the older designs (Newport) and the newer designs. What's more important is the location of where specifically designed houses are put - do they fit in with the local area, for example?

Often, "placement" is what can make or break a style.

Yes although Newport mansions are what you get when someone has way too much money. Down in the South and the West, old looking houses are not exactly the norm unless you live in an old city whereas New England.

This is a new house that is outrageously out of my price range that I like. Of course, more trees would be welcomed.

6f854365e15bfefcde33f43eec43911b.jpg

This is my favorite type of house. Tudor style. This house or McMansion or small village or whatever you want to call it was right across from my dorm senior year of college - absolutely loved it. Sold in 2016 for $16.1 million. 15 bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, a ballroom that can accommodate 120 guests, a carriage house with six bedrooms, a five-car garage, an ocean-facing hand-tiled swimming pool with a cabana pavilion, an elevator and putting greens is a bit much though. For those that have been to Newport, the cliff walk is below those cliffs..

newport-rhode-island-house.jpg

Rhode Island made the news again - not for something good again. Seems like that always is that case. But the car was trying to get out by ramming into cars which made the situation worse than what it should have been.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

I don't think so...licenses are all separate. Like...if you get a license for an automatic, you can't drive a manual. Though if you get a license for manual, you CAN drive automatic as well. But just like you have to get a separate license for a motorcycle, or to pull a trailer, you have to get a separate one for scooters here, too.
They sound just ridiculous with regulations.
So, you cannot just practice in the family car with a licensed driver? How else are you to gain confidence and be any good unless you practice more than just with an instructor once or twice a week? They really don’t want people driving. Sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom