The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
:hilarious::hilarious:
Wearing my Land’s End parka. Fffffreezing. What happened to November? Feels like it is the middle of January. :banghead::banghead:

My Sis has been in from Cleveland for the long weekend and we are both avid bike riders from April through some of November. Well November hasn't been happening. We hit a couple record lows for dates of November. Temps with the Sun out of Thursday afternoon I had a thick knit hat on, my Heavy Weight ski coat that covered my tushie and gloves to walk the town and Quad in Central Illinois. On Friday it was colder 22 when I woke up but wore my fleece NorthFace 'cause I was mostly in the car or indoors that day. But we missed colder at home and the first (light) snow so there is that.

Gabe1

My mom was happy when I got my license so I could start grocery shopping for her. Back then, I was happy to be going somewhere and she was happy not to have to shop. Now that I've had my license for five, almost six, years, I'd rather just stay home...:p:hilarious: Although if she gives me the choice between dishes and grocery store, I will pick the grocery store. Every. Single. Time.

My Mom took me out of school on my 16th Birthday to pull my Drivers Licence, I did that with my DS too. He had a pretty Cutlass my Dad had given him a few weeks early sitting on our driveway mocking him.

Neither would be my choice but I really hate grocery shopping. A few things is annoying enough but when I have to walk the entire store it is a couple hours total and I am so over that. That very idea of put in cart, take out of cart to check out, load back in cart, take out of cart put in truck. Take out of truck haul inside. Unpack the stuff and put away times decades of doing this.....

I can really see me doing something like Amazon Prime Market or our local stores now have that pick and pack. It can be delivered or you go in pay and wheel it out. I can see me with my iPad just adding things to the list and when there is enough hit submit. Done. I'd be fore inclined though to pick out my own produce and meats.

Gabe1

Thanks!
I'm about to leave to meet my boss, wanted me to work the entire week while on vacations.. nope..nope. :|

not that I could lol, my tiny laptop is not up to the task.
Anyway back and about to go to work.
Will slowly tick up the photos.

In the meantime.. have a squirrel from the Chapultepec Castle in Mexico city.
There were mostly grey squirrels, but there were some black ones as well.
View attachment 243674

Little squirrel has pretty tri-colors. Don't see that here. Ours have white bellies except for the solid black squirrels which are relatively new to this area.

I'm sure I missed it but do you still work from home or do you have to go to an office now?

Gabe1

I took Belle back to the vet today. Prognosis: she's finally healthy. BUT she can't get her vaccines quite yet. The vet believes her immune system is overactive, given her pododermatitis and IBD. Which would mean the vaccines would cause more problems than they would help. So we'll wait six months and make a decision then. She might never be able to get another vaccine, but she said as long as Belle remains a strictly indoor cat and we keep Jasmine fully vaccinated, it should not be an issue. It makes me a little wary because I'm big on making sure my cats are vaccinated, but hey, I had to skip a couple of vaccines before college (I had a written exemption) and it didn't hurt me, so I guess she'll be fine too.

Good News! Glad she is feeling better.

I'm not a big fan of how frequently pets are vaccinated. Their version of whooping cough is every single year where the human version is generally twice in a lifetime and our lifetime is so much longer. Then all the pesticides we have them swallow for heartworm, fleas and ticks. None of my pets ever had the Lyme disease vaccination only because I wasn't comfortable with how that was vetted for trials. I tend to follow and keep track of what the pet/horse people are saying and doing within their communities as they are on top of things. Me, I just see far more autoimmune problems with pets over the last decade and a half. So many more things we keep pumping into their systems. It is a big business with little to no liability for a pet.

Gabe1

That's an amazing preservation effort, and thank goodness your city is protecting the older trees. :inlove: And, I'll also bet that your fine city doesn't use that creepy fake grass, like a certain section of a certain theme park does. ;)

Yeahhhh...I have not warmed up to MickeyTurf. I still look at it and see a miniature put put golf course in my head. I'm still missing the hub of yesteryear with shade and lovely cherry trees.
Castle-Hub-Expansion-Magic-Kingdom-Banner.jpg

215.jpg

Gabe1

Does that come with a side of cardiologist?:rolleyes:

I can't eat stuff like that anymore. Once in a while for a treat but it better be a small plate version. I just don't feel well after eating 82 grams of fat for a meal.

That is why I like to order the fajita's. I can put on bits of the stuff that is bad for me and load up on the veggies and sauces that won't make me have an Elvis last Day. :rolleyes: I had 3 meals out of my Fajita Platter. I've also become a fan of Fish Taco's. Thinking my days have come and gone that I can eat that kinda stuff. OLD says I. :cyclops:

Gabe1

My guess is that where @FutureCEO is coming from on all this, is that he's used to seeing the old mansions in Newport, RI, that had tons of outward details, etc. I've also seen all the mansions down there, and they are big ol' beauties--but again, those came about in the Gilded Age.

As you noted above, newer designs can also be attractive, once all the finishing touches, colors, etc. are added in, and the landscaping rounds out the complete picture.

For me, I like both the older designs (Newport) and the newer designs. What's more important is the location of where specifically designed houses are put - do they fit in with the local area, for example?

Often, "placement" is what can make or break a style.

Up here is a very nice old community is Michael Jordan's mansion compound with no takers to buy. Loved by one and only one.
About $14 million and 32,000 sq feet.

6acab4c4d768453abe9e8b09e8fb520dl-w5xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

michael-jordans-chicago-mansion.jpg

To me it more looks like an office complex than a home.

Gabe1

Yes although Newport mansions are what you get when someone has way too much money. Down in the South and the West, old looking houses are not exactly the norm unless you live in an old city whereas New England.

This is a new house that is outrageously out of my price range that I like. Of course, more trees would be welcomed.

6f854365e15bfefcde33f43eec43911b.jpg

This is my favorite type of house. Tudor style. This house or McMansion or small village or whatever you want to call it was right across from my dorm senior year of college - absolutely loved it. Sold in 2016 for $16.1 million. 15 bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, a ballroom that can accommodate 120 guests, a carriage house with six bedrooms, a five-car garage, an ocean-facing hand-tiled swimming pool with a cabana pavilion, an elevator and putting greens is a bit much though. For those that have been to Newport, the cliff walk is below those cliffs..

newport-rhode-island-house.jpg

Rhode Island made the news again - not for something good again. Seems like that always is that case. But the car was trying to get out by ramming into cars which made the situation worse than what it should have been.

Very pretty!

Epcot kinda describes me. I can look for beauty all day in all the countries buildings in the World Showcase. Me beyond SSE for very different reasons I am not awestruck by any of buildings inside or out within Future World. The attractions are/were a different conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom