The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ah, stores. How I do not miss ye since I started doing 90% of my shopping online.

Honestly I do more powerwalking in malls these days by default than I get my shopping completed. I do window shop and look for stuff I like and then seem to do better price wise and selection online.

I don't want malls to fail though, where else would I walk in the cold and rain.

and I don't do even 10% online:joyfull:

We order everything online. All the delivery/postal workers know us on a first name basis, LOL.

I'll suggest that to James. I need to get him to stop reading the Stephen King books he got from the library

What is wrong with Mr King ? The Stand is a modern masterpiece and IT is another top notch story

That's it, I'm sending the boys to summer at your place next year.

Growing up all I would read is Stephen King. I remember my aunt not letting me bring his books into her house so I'd sneak out onto the porch and read :)

betty rose

@betty rose No state income tax in Tennessee and Florida. I think there are no property taxes for seniors for residents in South Carolina. If we end up moving, those would be 3 states we would consider. NC is a choice as well, but probably closer to Charlotte.
Thanks we are leaving all options open. We need to spend at least a couple month's during allergy season. I don't want to go from the frying pan to the fire!

betty rose

Well someone needs to keep the in store personnel employed. I do feel bad when I walk in our dead mall. I have lived here 6 years and have been maybe 6 or 7 times. It is in a dry county so they couldn't put any restaurants over there. There are barely any stores in there anymore. The movie theater is pretty much the only draw now. All the new shopping was built in my town so it has built up shopping wise but with mostly stores like Target and Kohl's and almost every chain restaurant you can think of but Chuy's.
We have little stores that are family owned. The big chains have taken over. I hate chain stores and restaurants. Nothing is original anymore.

betty rose

I wish I could help you, but, I do not own anymore. I rent and therefore never see a property tax bill, other then for my car. However, my daughters tell me that they are pretty reasonable. The area that I live in, the Raleigh Area has a high concentration of population and since most of the tax money goes to recreation and beautification (no snow removal and huge municipal heating costs) it's not bad. I don't think there is a 50% Senior Citizen discount though. It sounds like that law was enacted after extensive research to justify legalizing Pot. ;):D

Until my daughters moved here, NC was never on my radar, but, now that I'm here the fact that in the Raleigh area I am two hours away from the ocean and beaches to the east, two hours from the Smokey Mountains to the west and a leisurely 10 hour drive to Orlando to the south. They tell me that there's a lot of things to the north as well, but, I don't have a go north young man module in my GPS. Everything that one could want is right here within easy reach. Entertainment, Dining, a public walk way about every 40 feet. Public playgrounds, ball fields and indoor basketball courts scatter all over the place. For kids and adults alike. You wouldn't believe the beauty and expanse of baseball fields.

I know I sound like a pamphlet from the Chamber of Commerce, but, with the exception of a political system that is stuck in 1848, everything else is quite pleasant.
Thanks for the information, I don't do politics anymore...raises my blood pressure. So I would hardly notice. I like being centrally located. I want to rent....hubby wants to buy. But, I won't go into a house anymore. Daughter loves her apartment. It looks like a more care free life, from my perspective.

Songbird76

As promised...

The finished CAD preliminary floor plans from last week...sorry about the glare, I forgot to turn on the overhead fluorescent lights in my office... :oops: I prefer to work at the computer with just the natural light from my open window shades, and the natural light and a desk lamp over my drafting table, but, it was getting dark out when I took them... :cyclops:

Main floor, upper floor, and lower floor, respectively...

View attachment 244120
View attachment 244121
View attachment 244122

And, a much more developed rendering of the monster house model...

View attachment 244123
View attachment 244127
View attachment 244133

"Dusk" view...

View attachment 244134

And, another huge one we did recently up in Lubbock, Texas, actually, that may, or may not, be more to some peoples liking...

View attachment 244135
View attachment 244136
Very pretty, but WAY too much house for me. I think I'd be fine with about 1/3 of either...that would still be plenty. I like the pools in the first one, but is that the back yard? I thought it was the front at first and I was like...where do you park? And I wouldn't want the pool in my front yard, but the other pictures must be the front then? I agree...plenty of character. Just too much house for me.

Figgy1

Premium Member
@betty rose No state income tax in Tennessee and Florida. I think there are no property taxes for seniors for residents in South Carolina. If we end up moving, those would be 3 states we would consider. NC is a choice as well, but probably closer to Charlotte.
I vote Florida. TN doesn't have the best services for seniors should the need arise. We had to deal with some a couple of years back. Florida on the other hand was excellent.

betty rose

Sounds like you need a Lowes or Home Depot out there. Was at Lowes yesterday and they have up to 40% off on appliances.

I don't have a problem actually doing the laundry. The issue happens once it is all done and then needs to get put away. I have an issue with wrinkles and I need to iron some things before they get hung. So I always end up building a pile in the basket because I have to be in the mood to iron.:rolleyes:
Hubby still needs to go to work once in a while, so we still have the ironing board and iron. I can't wait to bury this stuff. I've hated ironing my whole life, and with a hubby that worked where shirts were white and had to be ironed, it was a weekly chore. Now, it's just once in a while. People should be able to retire early, much to heavy work to do. I'm still downsizing. I'm feeling better about getting rid of all the stuff. Hubby loved to see knick knacks all over. Now, I'm done with the dusting etc. I will be lucky to take anything with me. I donated my Kitchen Aid food processor. It is too hard to operate and I didn't want to chop off all my fingers!;););)

betty rose

Thanks!
I'm about to leave to meet my boss, wanted me to work the entire week while on vacations.. nope..nope. :|

not that I could lol, my tiny laptop is not up to the task.
Anyway back and about to go to work.
Will slowly tick up the photos.

In the meantime.. have a squirrel from the Chapultepec Castle in Mexico city.
There were mostly grey squirrels, but there were some black ones as well.
View attachment 243674
I have never seen a black squirrel. So beautiful. Thanks for the pics!

betty rose

My Mom took me out of school on my 16th Birthday to pull my Drivers Licence, I did that with my DS too. He had a pretty Cutlass my Dad had given him a few weeks early sitting on our driveway mocking him.

Neither would be my choice but I really hate grocery shopping. A few things is annoying enough but when I have to walk the entire store it is a couple hours total and I am so over that. That very idea of put in cart, take out of cart to check out, load back in cart, take out of cart put in truck. Take out of truck haul inside. Unpack the stuff and put away times decades of doing this.....

I can really see me doing something like Amazon Prime Market or our local stores now have that pick and pack. It can be delivered or you go in pay and wheel it out. I can see me with my iPad just adding things to the list and when there is enough hit submit. Done. I'd be fore inclined though to pick out my own produce and meats.
Wow, that sounds great! I hate the grocery too. We have horrible produce and meats. So , can you order frozen stuff or just stuff that doesn't need to be frozen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom