The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That is warmer than I live. It was 35 as a higher, but it was down to 24 degree by 5 at night with the winds howling outside. The cold didn't stop crowds going to a Frozen Custard stand that was founded by Elsa despite having no seating inside. That stand is best known for huge burgers and frozen Custard.

That Frozen Custard even is very busy when its less than 10 degrees outside in the past and snowing. It had 2 Frozen Custard Flavors of the Day Yesterday. I checked the Flavors yesterday. Grasshopper Fudge was one of the two flavors of the day with the other being Maple Syrup & Pancakes.

Yum, it would be worth a 24-hour drive to get to that little piece of frozen custard paradise! I'm IN!!! :happy: :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Over the last two days I have received at least a dozen weather warnings on my phone equal to or beyond a tornado watch warning we were receiving a few months ago. The difference is that this is because on Saturday they are expecting the temperature to drop to 28 degrees during the night. Warning, warning, warning... it will be chilly. Find shelter. These folks down here never cease to amuse me. Last night, around the airport... boots, down jackets, scarfs, wool hats and mittens was the uniform of the day. The temperature was 49 degrees.

:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When our friend moved to NC from MA, his wife thought he was insane to bring his big plow...until they quickly realized that an inch of snow in NC is nearly the equivalent of a blizzard up here in terms of reactions from people. He made a FORTUNE plowing for the town they moved to.

Ha ha ha!! One of my brothers lives in NC, and he thinks it's hilarious how they (don't) deal with the snow. On his side street, a plow "might" go by, but basically they just let it melt down there. Snow removal equipment isn't their "thing". :p

Songbird76

And is getting your license in the US as a citizen perculuded. We are about $40.00.
I wanted to get my license when I was there last summer, and then I thought I might be able to get it when I was there for my dad's funeral. The thing is that you have to have proof of residency to get your license in the US. So I had to prove I live in Wyoming. I do have a bank account there and my statements go to my brother's address in my name, so it would have been fine, but the DMV wouldn't accept bank statements as proof. It had to be utilities bills. So then when dad died, we had to keep the phone and the electricity open and I thought I could transfer them into my name so I would have the proof of residency, BUT I didn't have a vehicle to drive to take the test in, and I ran out of time. So I figured I'd just get it here when the estate was finalized because then I should have enough from the sale of the cattle after all the bills are paid. I may or may not have more...it depends on how much the lawyer costs, but as hopeless as she's been, I can't imagine it will be an exorbitant fee. Right now, I just want to have enough to pay all the costs. But once that's done, it would be nice to have enough to get my license...and maybe another car once I have that license, but that's probably not going to happen.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wanted to get my license when I was there last summer, and then I thought I might be able to get it when I was there for my dad's funeral. The thing is that you have to have proof of residency to get your license in the US. So I had to prove I live in Wyoming. I do have a bank account there and my statements go to my brother's address in my name, so it would have been fine, but the DMV wouldn't accept bank statements as proof. It had to be utilities bills. So then when dad died, we had to keep the phone and the electricity open and I thought I could transfer them into my name so I would have the proof of residency, BUT I didn't have a vehicle to drive to take the test in, and I ran out of time. So I figured I'd just get it here when the estate was finalized because then I should have enough from the sale of the cattle after all the bills are paid. I may or may not have more...it depends on how much the lawyer costs, but as hopeless as she's been, I can't imagine it will be an exorbitant fee. Right now, I just want to have enough to pay all the costs. But once that's done, it would be nice to have enough to get my license...and maybe another car once I have that license, but that's probably not going to happen.
Can you drive a scooter over there without a license?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hmmm...how snotty of you. Rough day in 'Merica at a job you hate, sport...? o_O ;)
As I posted, that is just the beginnings of a massing model. It's now being rendered with topography, existing trees, colors, textures, landscaping, a pool, etc. I'll post a pic of the more highly developed model next week.
Although, it still may not be your thing, I assure you, it has more than enough "character" IMO.
Have a drink or two and calm down...or ten. ;) :D :)

My guess is that where @FutureCEO is coming from on all this, is that he's used to seeing the old mansions in Newport, RI, that had tons of outward details, etc. I've also seen all the mansions down there, and they are big ol' beauties--but again, those came about in the Gilded Age.

As you noted above, newer designs can also be attractive, once all the finishing touches, colors, etc. are added in, and the landscaping rounds out the complete picture.

For me, I like both the older designs (Newport) and the newer designs. What's more important is the location of where specifically designed houses are put - do they fit in with the local area, for example?

Often, "placement" is what can make or break a style.

MySmallWorldof4

More like Siberia:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Sympathy like Welcome to our Golden girls lottery club
I am sooooo in! :inlove:
My dh 5' 10 1/2, my pop 5' 9, father in law 6'2 one bro 6' 3. Thanks to my younger ds' gorilla arms my older ds is getiing younger one's coat from last year and I'm heading out to get younger one a new one today. My baby wears the same size shoes as my dh and is just about as tall and he's only 15 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought ds a new winter coat 2 months ago because they were on sale. When it arrived it looked a little long in the arms. He wore it the other day and now it looks short in the arm length! :banghead::banghead:He was my height beginning of summer, but now he is an inch taller. I don’t want him not to grow, it’s just I expect to get my moneys worth on clothes. :rolleyes:
I think he often does the designs for people who live down South. :) (That would solve that problem of heating!) :D
I would love to solve the problem of heating. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom