A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Buried20KLeague

Because I'm a customer. You're a customer. The 70,000 members of this forum are all customers.

They may not care if I don't return, or you, or us, or even the people that post in these threads, but at a certain point they will care when it affects their bottom line.

I don't know what that break point is, but I better it's much lower than any of us think it is.

But you aren't going to get there by protesting by buying a whole bunch of merchandise, or getting a water instead of a soda at Peco's.

I'm reminded of a movie...

p1yeKko.jpg

DinoInstitute

GotG makes more sense then Tron. Tron didn't even make much bank at the box office. It must be more popular over in China for Disney to have invested so heavily in an attraction that replaces the typical Tomorrowland, Space Mountain.
I disagree, Tron for EPCOT is one of the few IP's that can fit very well. I honestly would be fairly happy if we got the Tron coaster on the UoE footprint instead of GotG, though that may be an unpopular opinion. The only problem I could see is Test Track being too similar to it, though Tron could get a slightly different aesthetic and it would work.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Putting GotG in at the ToT? That's as close to blasphemy as they can get at WDW right now, taking out one of the best, if not THE best, attractions created by WDI since Pirates and HM (and that's coming from a huge Splash Mountain fan!). ToT is as close to theme park perfection as I think they can get. No other ride/attraction at WDW manages to capture and keep my attention every time I ride, and somehow manage to get me to look at something I've probably seen dozens of times before but yet make me look at it in awe at the level of detail, like I'm seeing it for the first time. The outside queue, the inside queue, pre-pre-show area, the pre-show area, the boiler room... All are arguably perfect.

Instead of shoving IP onto an attraction that clearly does not need it, add to the g-d park, don't rip the only heart and soul left in it!! There's a ride right next door that could easily satiate their for IP throughout the parks, as the band is getting ready to hang it up anyway.

IF
this happens, it will be the irrefutable proof, the final nail in the coffin, that there is nothing sacred to Chappie and The Weatherman, as well as their lemmings in management. Turn out the lights, the party's over. And that thought fills me with dread for the rest of what used to be "The Vacation Kingdom".

jaxonp

Petitions are "griping on social media". They're ineffective and Disney won't listen anyway.

I disagree, there needs to be a bigger effort, by everyone to be heard. It could get big enough online that it could get the media's attention... well not ABC but everyone else. You never know what could happen if millions of voices were unified.

jt04

Putting GotG in at the ToT? That's as close to blasphemy as they can get at WDW right now, taking out one of the best, if not THE best, attractions created by WDI since Pirates and HM (and that's coming from a huge Splash Mountain fan!). ToT is as close to theme park perfection as I think they can get. No other ride/attraction at WDW manages to capture and keep my attention every time I ride, and somehow manage to get me to look at something I've probably seen dozens of times before but yet make me look at it in awe at the level of detail, like I'm seeing it for the first time. The outside queue, the inside queue, pre-pre-show area, the pre-show area, the boiler room... All are arguably perfect.

Instead of shoving IP onto an attraction that clearly does not need it, add to the g-d park, don't rip the only heart and soul left in it!! There's a ride right next door that could easily satiate their **** for IP throughout the parks, as the band is getting ready to hang it up anyway.

IF
this happens, it will be the irrefutable proof, the final nail in the coffin, that there is nothing sacred to Chappie and The Weatherman, as well as their lemmings in management. Turn out the lights, the party's over. And that thought fills me with dread for the rest of what used to be "The Vacation Kingdom".

Hyperbole much?

VJ

Cancel your trip and inform the Walt Disney Company that you will be taking your business elsewhere because of this decision.
You: I'M NEVER GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD AGAIN
Disney: lol k bye

Seriously. There is no hope. For every one who threatens to stop visiting the parks, there's one who visits religiously, loves this new rumor and can't get enough of it.

Disneyhead'71

You: I'M NEVER GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD AGAIN
Disney: lol k bye

Seriously. There is no hope. For every one who threatens to stop visiting the parks, there's one who visits religiously, loves this new rumor and can't get enough of it.
So? I stopped flinging cash at WDW in 2010.

No, Disney hasn't been crippled by my stand. But I feel better for not supporting the distruction of an American institution.

VJ

The point is Disney won't listen. Disney knows the outrage will die down. Disney knows people will still keep coming no matter what. If you want to be the one to try to convince the diehards something's wrong, be my guest. But until they're the ones who stop going and not us, nothing will happen. Everyone's tried petitions and the like so many times before for things like Mr. Toad in WDW and Country Bears in Disneyland. Did those stop anything? No. As @raven24 has said, Disneylanders have tried. Disney is ignoring us. Disney will continue to ignore us.

Disney does not care about us. They care about the "yes fans" who'll eat up anything they put out. That's it.

rael ramone

Thinking back to my last trip to the swamps.....

When I think of my favorite attraction at the Studios, what comes to mind is not a single attraction, but a 'collective' attraction.

Hollywood Ave. Sunset Blvd. Great Movie Ride. Hollywood Brown Derby. And the Tower of Terror.

It is what makes the clear #4 park in the swamps resonate.

It puts the THEME in that Theme Park.

It is what makes you linger in a park that doesn't have a whole lot to do. And, yes, you linger in areas where they sell lots of plush...

Take any of that away, and the park is no longer worth spending a prorated day off of a multiday pass.

Take most of that away, and it isn't even worth being comped into. The hassle of having to deal with (in my Stacy voice in full Stacy mode) 'Unnecessary Security Theater' is a price that would exceed what is behind those gates.

BRAND is not a real Theme.

FigmentForver96

Hyperbole much?
No it's just the truth. Some of us don't have our heads buried so far down in the ground that we can see bad choices. We don't spout off pathetic ramblings about "progress" and the future when they are literally ruining the very things that made the parks great to begin with. You're stupid "Disney knows what they're doing" thing is not going to be taken well on this thread. You would be best to just leave because nobody already takes you seriously.

azox

Guest relations just needs to remind people of the wait times for GotG. Because it will be extremely popular. Twilight Zone IP has always had a limited shelf life within the Disney universe.

Does Disney have to pay to license the TOT theme? I wonder how much of that has to do with the push to convert it over.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
They won't be happy when they have to book Fastpass via their iPhone too .

Yeah, Disneyland has gotten along for a very long time without getting the impacts of MDE. I think this is going to flop out there big-time.

I asked who I know. As of this afternoon Guardians. But I'm trying to properly verify which could take a few days.

Okay, I am confused here - I thought Guardians was dead for UoE and that's why @WDW1974 said it was going to be shoehorned back into ToT as was originally discussed. Are you saying that's again off the table and the Guardians coaster is back on the table? I'm honestly just very confused - although my wife would tell you I'm easily confused as it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom