A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

FigmentForver96

Does Disney have to pay to license the TOT theme? I wonder how much of that has to do with the push to convert it over.
They pay licensing fees but that is only a very small part of this. This whole debacle in both California and Orlando is nothing more then cheap pathetic attempts to fuel the selfish tightwads who run the company today. To them it's making sure theyre ****** legacy is huge before they leave and damn all of those who care otherwise. They don't give two ***** about any of the fans because for every fan is two noobs and bloggers and fanbois who will lick up whatever pathetic droppings Disney gives them as if they should feel fortunate that Disney cares enough to give them their precious Marvel and other hot properties. Theme, creative thinking and the whole nine years can all go to hell for all they care. But hey let's rejoice! I mean Disney is giving is new experinces and they don't have to update anything! We should get on our knees and thank Disney for the gifts and surprises they shower down on us.

Bairstow

Thinking back to my last trip to the swamps.....

When I think of my favorite attraction at the Studios, what comes to mind is not a single attraction, but a 'collective' attraction.

Hollywood Ave. Sunset Blvd. Great Movie Ride. Hollywood Brown Derby. And the Tower of Terror.

It is what makes the clear #4 park in the swamps resonate.

It puts the THEME in that Theme Park.

It is what makes you linger in a park that doesn't have a whole lot to do. And, yes, you linger in areas where they sell lots of plush...

Take any of that away, and the park is no longer worth spending a prorated day off of a multiday pass.

Take most of that away, and it isn't even worth being comped into. The hassle of having to deal with (in my Stacy voice in full Stacy mode) 'Unnecessary Security Theater' is a price that would exceed what is behind those gates.

BRAND is not a real Theme.

So what's your take on Universal Studios Florida and its current approach to themed lands?

jakeman

You: I'M NEVER GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD AGAIN
Disney: lol k bye

Seriously. There is no hope. For every one who threatens to stop visiting the parks, there's one who visits religiously, loves this new rumor and can't get enough of it.
Then keep buying a product with a high price and diminished value to you. It's not my money and there are worse things to be addicted to.

Seabasealpha1

Anyone wanna run down to the basement with me and defrost Walt? We'll settle this corporate crap right now... ;)

(sorry ToT peeps...I'm at least a smidgen glad that UoE and Epcot as a whole won't be getting this treatment...though, agreed...what other stupidity will they try to wedge in there...?)

VJ

Then keep buying a product with a high price and diminished value to you. It's not my money and there are worse things to be addicted to.
I don't believe I ever said what I would do. Honestly, you just have to realize Disney isn't gonna change their minds. They're banking a lot on this as Spirit has said, it's a personal thing for Iger and Chapek (and obviously egos are at stake here) so I don't see them just doing a 180. They're not gonna listen to us. I appreciate your optimism, but I'm sorry to say at this point it's just wasted breath.

Californian Elitist

One version is a classic. One version is a lame and weak imitation.

But if you want to make a fuss about The DLR version to Disney, then go for it. You have a right to.

Okay, so you're saying if the inferior, "lame", and "weak" version of an attraction (let's say, MK's Pirates, according to others) is slated to either close or be re-themed, they should really just shut up since it sucks anyway. Got it, thanks for kind of clarifying.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Okay, so you're saying if the inferior, "lame", and "weak" version of an attraction (let's say, MK's Pirates, according to others) is slated to either close or be re-themed, they should really just shut up since it sucks anyway. Got it, thanks for kind of clarifying.

MK's pirates is still a classic....nice try though

you are sure upset about my opinion, aren't you?

PizzaPlanet

(sorry ToT peeps...I'm at least a smidgen glad that UoE and Epcot as a whole won't be getting this treatment...though, agreed...what other stupidity will they try to wedge in there...?)
Future world at this point has no cohesive theme, and I wouldn't have cared at all if they shoehorned guardians into UOE. Sunset Boulevard on the other hand, is perfection.

Incomudro

I'm sure it been said a few times, but of all parts of the Hollywood Studios that don't need attention.... really Disney? Why waste the money here? Invest in Animation courtyard. Find a way to redo that entire area and maybe redo RnRc to be apart of that land. Tower of Terror stands on it's own and doesn't need anything. It is perfect.
Exactly.
If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Well the alternative to this is for TDO to just add the moniker of "Food and Wine" and "Festival" to it and it will be a gold mine. Example: "Food and Wine GOTG Great Escape Festival", "Tower of Food and Wine Terror Festival", "Soarin Over Food and Wine Festival". Add some $15 bottom shelf cocktails and mundane small plate dishes watch the unwashed masses flood in.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They are equally important to the theme of their respective park so I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion, but ok.

DCAs version is not a good attraction...even if it fits the theme. Even if DHS's version did not exist, I would think the same...

It is how I feel...you can feel differently...

This came up because I suggested people fight to save DHS's ToT if they feel strongly about it, but I didn't say the same thing about DCA's version...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom