A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

rd805

Then why can DCA still get the mega E-ticket Captain America coaster which sounds like it's sort of similar? I always thought WDW was the flagship resort.

Anaheim is making more money that Florida -- continue building a cash cow. Also, easier way to get the Marvel IP in SOONER.

jakeman

You're not getting it... The parks are packed to the brim and Disney doesn't care if you don't show up at their parks. They have billions of guests walking their parks happily ignorant of what is going on, why do they need you?
Because I'm a customer. You're a customer. The 70,000 members of this forum are all customers.

They may not care if I don't return, or you, or us, or even the people that post in these threads, but at a certain point they will care when it affects their bottom line.

I don't know what that break point is, but I better it's much lower than any of us think it is.

But you aren't going to get there by protesting by buying a whole bunch of merchandise, or getting a water instead of a soda at Peco's.

Cmdr_Crimson

So do we think it was good move to have Ever created a Movie (If you wanted to call it that) on this attraction...
220px-Tower_of_Terror_VideoCover.png

SoManyWasps

I try really hard not to be pessimistic about the continuing changes down in Florida, but it's hard not to get angry about a masterpiece of storytelling and immersive art being tossed aside in favor of shoehorning the hottest IP from 3 years ago in it's place (and I say that as someone who has invested more money into Guardians of the Galaxy related comic books over my lifetime than anyone should be proud to admit).

Tower was the final ride of my most recent trip. My fiancee and I ran up Sunset Boulevard to sneak one last go in before Fantasmic. It really saddens me to think that it might have been the last time I'll ever see it. To me, Tower of Terror is a ride that showcases the best of what post-Walt Disney had to offer: exhilaration, immersion, pushing the boundaries of technology and storytelling in a way that only Disney was known for at that time. I hope things change, but if Hollywood Studios is really destined to be Mergers and Acquisitions Land, I suppose the death of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is inevitable.

Bocabear

Just sort of heartbreaking news... Seems like with GMR leaving and then the Tower, there really will be nothing left of the original park... Then why don't they just completely change everything... Shut is down completely and use that freedom to really make it a completely new park... If we are losing all the things we loved about the park, then give us a completely new vision... Use Star Tours as the Vehicle to get you to the new Star Wars land... not exiting Star Tours and walking through Muppet courtyard to the other side where Star Wars land is...Move the Muppets courtyard over to where the old Animation Courtyard was... Let all of Sunset Boulevard be the setup for the Guardians Of The Galaxy land... Change it all and have it make sense... why bother doing any of this to end up with an oddly cobbled together theme park? After Pandora opens they should just shutter the whole park and completely re-imagine it so that it is cohesive....

Bairstow

ok...then give up...

It's not a question of "giving up".
It's about being mature enough to realize that it's not constructive to get all upset about things that are outside of your control to begin with.

And for the record, I don't foresee Disney actually converting the Florida Tower.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because I'm a customer. You're a customer. The 70,000 members of this forum are all customers.

They may not care if I don't return, or you, or us, or even the people that post in these threads, but at a certain point they will care when it affects their bottom line.

I don't know what that break point is, but I better it's much lower than any of us think it is.

But you aren't going to get there by protesting by buying a whole bunch of merchandise, or getting a water instead of a soda at Peco's.

As I've said before Disney USED to get new car money every year from my family, They have not gotten it recently and I periodically send them letters to let them know why, This seems like a good time for another letter as to why I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Bairstow

Just sort of heartbreaking news... Seems like with GMR leaving and then the Tower, there really will be nothing left of the original park... Then why don't they just completely change everything... Shut is down completely and use that freedom to really make it a completely new park... If we are losing all the things we loved about the park, then give us a completely new vision... Use Star Tours as the Vehicle to get you to the new Star Wars land... not exiting Star Tours and walking through Muppet courtyard to the other side where Star Wars land is...Move the Muppets courtyard over to where the old Animation Courtyard was... Let all of Sunset Boulevard be the setup for the Guardians Of The Galaxy land... Change it all and have it make sense... why bother doing any of this to end up with an oddly cobbled together theme park? After Pandora opens they should just shutter the whole park and completely re-imagine it so that it is cohesive....

Because it's still the 10th most visited theme park in the entire world?
Because shuttering it would create horrendous strain on the other 3 parks?
Because they would have to lay off then rehire and retrain hundreds of people?
Because no amount of changes that they could make during a temporary shutdown would make up for the money lost in the interim?

HauntedMansionFLA

Sounds like GMR is staying and the Mickey Mouse ride is a no.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Funny you're saying this, because I remember you saying "So much love for such a mediocre attraction" in the dedicated thread in the DL forum.

first...this isn't the DLR version...
second...I am still deciding whether I care enough to make a fuss with disney about it...I do care and think it is a bad idea...but do I care enough to make a fuss is something I need to consider...

Bairstow

I can't wait for Pirates to close in 2020, after a mildly successful "Pixar's BOATS" movie is released.............

I'm kidding. Don't kill me.

That sort of already happened. Pirates of the Caribbean got rethemed to Pirates of the Caribbean.

WHENEVER JACK SPARROW IS NOT ON STAGE, ALL THE OTHER ANIMATRONICS SHOULD BE ASKING, "WHERE'S JACK SPARROW?"

poochie.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's not a question of "giving up".
It's about being mature enough to realize that it's not constructive to get all upset about things that are outside of your control to begin with.

And for the record, I don't foresee Disney actually converting the Florida Tower.

If it matters enough to you...Disney should still hear from you....the decision is yours whether it matters enough to you to write Disney a letter...or stop going...

Nickels5

If you don't like it, why are you even here? Disney is the best.
I don't think everything Disney does is the best far from it. My point was if you dislike every single thing that they do movies, theme parks T.V. this probably isn't the right place for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom