Picture Challenge - Rare Things

YETI27

100_0559.jpg
I saw something very similar at Pop Century in 2002. I took a picture of it with an 8oz water bottle next to it as a size reference. I will look for the pic and post it. It appeared to be a giant grasshopper. Kinda looks like that's what this is.

tiggermarie

This was rare for us, because the Fastpass kiosk I got them from were for Winnie the Pooh, but they were for PhilHarMagic., AND it gave me one extra ticket I didnt need. We had already gone on PhilHarMagic earlier, so I decided to make someones day. I found a family of 5 that were getting in the standby line and gave them the tickets. At least they were put to good use! :D

picture.php
My Husband and I have gotten the samething the last 3 times we where there. It should have also given you the fastpass for Winnie the Pooh at the same time. Right?

DisneyNut7578

Posted this on the resort thread last night. Was my first time seeing one of the tractors pulling a broken down monorail. If you've ever seen one up close you know they're extremely loud. Imagine the sound as it pulled through the grand canyon concourse. :lookaroun

monorailtow2-1.jpg
OK, that was AWESOME!!!!!!! I've never seen that!

sweetpee_1993

OK, that was AWESOME!!!!!!! I've never seen that!

Well then, here's another shot taken only moments before. I like this one because the maintenance guys inside have their harnesses on. You can see metal rings where they'd probably latch onto a yo-yo or safety line if they were to walk out on a beam. Also, hard to see under the nose cone of the monorail cab but that's one mega-size hook they got there!

monorailtow.jpg

EDIT: Closer look. I think the guys are tied off inside the cab.

Wishes 1971

...had a similar experience last year....leaving TT at EPOCT a young lady stopped me and my family to give us her FastPass Tickets...had to turn her down because we had Dinner plans....

We were leaving Frontierland to head back to Tomorrowland earlier this month, and gave 5 valid FastPass tickets to a family for Splash Mountain...The family was very appreciative....but originally....they were skeptical....They questioned why our family was not using them.....I told the mother we were racing (literally) accross the park to ride Space Mountain one last time before park closing, and there was no way to use both sets of FPs.

Andrew54

I think I posted this in the Picture of the Day thread a long time ago. But I took this back in August 2008, during those couple of weeks where they ran the parade up and down Main Street while they were refurbing the Liberty Square Bridge. Sorcerer Mickey (from the back of Mickey's float) lined up very nicely with Cinderella Castle for a brief time. This was taken from that quarter section of the hub where the parade does not normally travel:

Excellent Shot! This has been the wallpaper on my laptop for a long time.

NYwdwfan

Last year at the AS Music in the country section I saw a spider web that was stretched across two trees near the pool. The web was at least ten feet across and the spider was as big as my hand. I was surprised they left it there all week.

I will, without a doubt, have a nightmare tonight about walking into a giant spiderweb. I completely have the heebie jeebies right now!!:eek:

DDPGambit

This is a shot of a very empty Main street...there were just two other groups along with us leaving that night. It was surreal seeing MS so empty...it was like we had it all to ourselves!

IMG_0182.jpg

Disney05

Last year at the AS Music in the country section I saw a spider web that was stretched across two trees near the pool. The web was at least ten feet across and the spider was as big as my hand. I was surprised they left it there all week.
I have no idea what kind of insect that was.

ob1thx1138

Well then, here's another shot taken only moments before. I like this one because the maintenance guys inside have their harnesses on. You can see metal rings where they'd probably latch onto a yo-yo or safety line if they were to walk out on a beam. Also, hard to see under the nose cone of the monorail cab but that's one mega-size hook they got there!

monorailtow.jpg

EDIT: Closer look. I think the guys are tied off inside the cab.

I doubt they are tied off inside the cad. More likely they have thier fall protection attached to the ring in the back and then just wrapped around their waist and reattaced at the front. If you think abotu it, it would be kind of hard to attach anything to that ring on your back after you put the harness on. So typically you go ahead and attach it before you don the harness so that it is ready when you need it and you don't have to ask someone else to hook it up for you when you are ready to use it.

sweetpee_1993

I doubt they are tied off inside the cad. More likely they have thier fall protection attached to the ring in the back and then just wrapped around their waist and reattaced at the front. If you think abotu it, it would be kind of hard to attach anything to that ring on your back after you put the harness on. So typically you go ahead and attach it before you don the harness so that it is ready when you need it and you don't have to ask someone else to hook it up for you when you are ready to use it.

Makes good sense. Not very efficient to depend on someone else to attach you from behind. I've only ever seen people attached to the yo-yos on top of buildings and such. Never harnessed up myself or had to tie off since I was always on the ground observing. Little things you just don't give a lot of thought to unless there's a reason to. :wave:

Tigger1988

...About two years ago at AK near the TOL...

437x

Not too rare. I've seen the sky writers at least once a trip for the past 4 years. I assume they're from a local church, the sayings usually involve "Hope in God" or "Jesus Loves You :)". Saw it just a few days ago over Old Key West actually!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Posted this on the resort thread last night. Was my first time seeing one of the tractors pulling a broken down monorail. If you've ever seen one up close you know they're extremely loud. Imagine the sound as it pulled through the grand canyon concourse. :lookaroun

monorailtow2-1.jpg

So how were there not a million complaints from everyone staying there? Or where there?

SewIn2Disney

I just got back and the whole week I was there there was never water coming down the final drop of Splash Mountain---is this normal? I took pictures and can post it if it is indeed "rare"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom