Picture Challenge - Rare Things

DisneyPinDad

Original Poster
OK, for all you fans of Picture of the Day (and WOW do we have some great photographers on these boards) here's a challenge.

Post your best shot(s) of something really RARE at WDW. Not something like your Mother-in-Law smiling, but something Disney - like maybe the Railroad going around the park the wrong way, or the Electrical Parade without lights or other "oddities".

How rare is up to you - but let's try to make it something the vast majority of us have never/might never see.

Let the fun begin!!!!:wave:

sweetpee_1993

Posted this on the resort thread last night. Was my first time seeing one of the tractors pulling a broken down monorail. If you've ever seen one up close you know they're extremely loud. Imagine the sound as it pulled through the grand canyon concourse. :lookaroun

monorailtow2-1.jpg

sweetpee_1993

From January '09 trip, from our Contemporary Resort balcony saw a big SSE hot air balloon inflate out by the lagoon in the early morning. Something I've not seen before or since. They must have been shooting some promotional footage or something. They had it tethered to the ground at all times set to get that pretty early morning sun showcasing the castle in the background. There was another JLG lift off to the left with cameras set up to capture the shot.

Video here and here.

Picture from the cab on the way to breakfast:

SANY0007.jpg

Pioneer Hall

From January '09 trip, from our Contemporary Resort balcony saw a big SSE hot air balloon inflate out by the lagoon in the early morning. Something I've not seen before or since. They must have been shooting some promotional footage or something. They had it tethered to the ground at all times set to get that pretty early morning sun showcasing the castle in the background. There was another JLG lift off to the left with cameras set up to capture the shot.

Video here and here.

Picture from the cab on the way to breakfast:

SANY0007.jpg

Wasn't getting a ride in that balloon one of the prizes of the "year" of a million dreams?

sweetpee_1993

Wasn't getting a ride in that balloon one of the prizes of the "year" of a million dreams?

I have no idea if it was or not. They filmed it. It stayed tethered as long as we saw it before heading out to our early breakfast. I'd never seen the balloon before that morning. It was interesting to wake up & see all that, tho. Are there other pics or video of it?:shrug:

drossjr

Posted this on the resort thread last night. Was my first time seeing one of the tractors pulling a broken down monorail. If you've ever seen one up close you know they're extremely loud. Imagine the sound as it pulled through the grand canyon concourse. :lookaroun

monorailtow2-1.jpg

That's awesome!!! Like how it matches the monorail in color as well! Hopefully people werent sleeping when this happened! :lol:

Walt Disney1955

Can someone tell me how to add a picture on here. I can't do it for some reason. Stupid me, I know. Anyways I have a really unique picture

sweetpee_1993

Can someone tell me how to add a picture on here. I can't do it for some reason. Stupid me, I know. Anyways I have a really unique picture

Upload your pic to your account on a photo host website like PhotoBucket. When you click on your uploaded picture there should be some html/code links for various uses. Copy the one that is the direct link (starts with "http://"). Come back to your text box where you are replying to a thread and click the little postcard looking icon that's just to the right of center above the text box. It'll pop open a window for you to enter the copied photo link. Just paste it in there and click ok. Your pic should magically appear. :animwink:

Cmdr_Crimson

This one I like and get a kick out of this..
DSC01164.jpg

This little hidden Six Flags Magic Mountain gem is located in Backlot Express at DHS. It's located close to the door by Star Tours in a glass case. Seeing that it's frozen in time from 1988 when the Ninja opened and having a Looney Tunes character (Sylvester Jr) On it in a Disney Park is a real treat!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not entirely rare since it happens every day, but I thought it was cool to see the Earth Globe being brought out into the lagoon.
IMG_1882.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom