News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

doctornick

How would this have even worked? WDW can't use characters that are in the Avengers family.

I'm curious as to what exactly the Avengers E-ticket is -usually it's described as some sort of Quinjet experience. Maybe somehow a variant on the FoP tech?

Anyway, my question is that if the ride is based more on the experience of being in battle and using a certain "tech", it might not really be dependent on specific characters for the story. Perhaps the idea was to do a similar experience as what was being planned for DCA but instead use different characters - e.g. maybe a "young avengers" like Ms. Marvel, Hulkling, Wiccan & Speed, America Chavez, etc. who should all likely be usable since they are new characters. I mean, the following scene doesn't seem like you need the specific characters depicted:

sdhbvwuy4y9u138-1024x569-1.jpg

You could have a similar experience with some tweaking. I dunno, just a thought, but I could see that as having been the idea at play here for Epcot.

Also, is the Avengers E-ticket actively being build at Hong Kong?

MiddKid

I'm curious as to what exactly the Avengers E-ticket is -usually it's described as some sort of Quinjet experience. Maybe somehow a variant on the FoP tech?

Anyway, my question is that if the ride is based more on the experience of being in battle and using a certain "tech", it might not really be dependent on specific characters for the story. Perhaps the idea was to do a similar experience as what was being planned for DCA but instead use different characters - e.g. maybe a "young avengers" like Ms. Marvel, Hulkling, Wiccan & Speed, America Chavez, etc. who should all likely be usable since they are new characters. I mean, the following scene doesn't seem like you need the specific characters depicted:

sdhbvwuy4y9u138-1024x569-1.jpg

You could have a similar experience with some tweaking. I dunno, just a thought, but I could see that as having been the idea at play here for Epcot.

Also, is the Avengers E-ticket actively being build at Hong Kong?
That image is for the Avengers E-ticket for DCA. The entrance is there and the expansion pad for the show building sits empty.

Ride would start with all passengers riding in a Quinjet...traditional Star Tours-ish style as shown here:
1658264403319.png

At some point the ship breaks apart and/or we eject for an individual flying experience over Wakanda
1658264492463.png

Battle ensues with you taking part in your individual battle seat taking center stage in the battle.
1658264560896.png

Unfortunately since the pre-COVID discussion of it, radio silence.

doctornick

That image is for the Avengers E-ticket for DCA. The entrance is there and the expansion pad for the show building sits empty.

Right, I know this. The ride is "planned" for DCA and HKDL and is possible for the Studios in Paris. The reason why we are talking about it in this thread is because @marni1971 indicated that there was consideration for it to be also built in Epcot in the WoL footprint instead of building Play! but that never happened.

Interesting tidbit recently about the Quinjet ride is this:

You’re right. Passage has you sat down. Avengers has you stood up. Same ride system, different seats.

I would be curious how that work work especially given the concept art makes it seem like you are sitting at first, but maybe it isn't the case and you are standing in the Quinjet? Kinda wish they would build this if only to see exactly what it is like.

Also, if it were being considered for Epcot in some form (I'd guess with different characters), it would be nice it it were actually used as an anchor for a Marvel land in WDW (like, say, DCA). As we've discussed, there are characters they can use in WDW if they wish - Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, etc so they could put together a proper land if they wanted.

FigmentFan82

Ride would start with all passengers riding in a Quinjet...traditional Star Tours-ish style as shown here:
View attachment 654293

At some point the ship breaks apart and/or we eject for an individual flying experience over Wakanda
View attachment 654294

Battle ensues with you taking part in your individual battle seat taking center stage in the battle.
View attachment 654295

Unfortunately since the pre-COVID discussion of it, radio silence.
Wow! Very cool concept. I can visualize the ship break apart being a pretty easy effect to achieve, a lift the curtain type thing, not unlike the screen reveal in FoP. As far as the individual battle parts, would one assume from this that each seat would also have some type of independent controlled movement? Individual Kuka arms or something of the like floating around an imax screen? Could be epic

Goofy Ninja

I wonder if they'll use the tech they are using on the new Cruise Ship. I saw a part where it looks like you're going around an icy cavern.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That site we don't mention says "cancelled or scaled back and won't be mentioned at D23". Any of you real insiders hear anything?

It takes zero insider information to know this.

The landscaping in front of PLAY! hasn't even been started. And WDW has been having trouble with staffing, so, you can't have a M&G hall if you don't have staff for it. Also, Omicron variants. Also, it's not the type of attraction that will bring in more guests or provide an opportunity for an upsell.

The list of things that won't be announced at D23 for the parks is much, much longer than the things that will be announced.

Everybody needs to tamper expectations for D23.

True insiders have already told or hinted at the things they know. And the timing of the announcement of the things they know is a moving target controlled by Marketing, of which, they have few to no contacts.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
That site we don't mention says "cancelled or scaled back and won't be mentioned at D23". Any of you real insiders hear anything?
Not surprised honestly, I have seen no progress in a long time

If this surprisingly doesn't get canned, I think it would have to be scaled down to just a few games and meet and greets with special Disney friends that aren't Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy(even if WDW treats their character meets since the Animation building's closure at DHS like "we don't get the newest animated characters out from the latest movie, we have the same variety")

So much for Animation Academy's return(other than the Planet Watch's Animation Experience at Animal Kingdom)

UNCgolf

Ideally they're reconsidering the whole pavilion because they've realized it could be something far more substantive.

I'd rather have it closed for a few more years and eventually open as something potentially excellent than be the Play! Pavilion for 15+ years.

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

They're obviously putting a pause on this to rethink the name for the pavilion and decide on it..

Supposed choices so far are..
  • Wreck-It Ralph's PLAY Adventure
  • Venellope's PLAY Adventure
  • Joy and Sadness's PLAY Adventure
  • Baymax's PLAY Adventure
  • Edna Mode's PLAY Adventure
  • Judy Hopps's PLAY Adventure
Nah.

It'll probably go back to being a giant bar like old times. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom