News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

muddyrivers

One of the worst parts about this decision is the change in the world and americans more than anyone. The obesity and general health is much more an issue than it was in the early 80s. Add in we are finally making mental health an important discussion instead of swept under the rug.

This could have been a really cool health pavilion again, with emphasis on
Physical exercise
Proper diet
MENTAL HEALTH
Understanding people with disabilities
Among other things

And it could have all be done in a non clinical way but edutainment.

I would also think they could have went with multiple sponsors to do different things inside the structure instead of one for the entire thing.
Health insurance company, planet fitness, peloton, concept 2, trek, etc etc etc. which could have showcased their newest things

I 100000% agree! AdventHealth has really expanded its partnership especially with COVID, so why not sponsor part of the pavilion? Get them, some health insurance company, some pharmaceutical company, and they all sponsor a piece of the pavilion so they don't have to pay so much and balk at the price.

This has the potential of being an incredible pavilion, but alas, something that will only remain an idea in our minds.

ppete1975

I 100000% agree! AdventHealth has really expanded its partnership especially with COVID, so why not sponsor part of the pavilion? Get them, some health insurance company, some pharmaceutical company, and they all sponsor a piece of the pavilion so they don't have to pay so much and balk at the price.

This has the potential of being an incredible pavilion, but alas, something that will only remain an idea in our minds.
I think thats part of the failure of sponsorship. If GM wants all of test track thats fine. But if they balk at the price why not bring in firestone as well. While I dont want the front of a pavilion looking like a nascar vehicle, you could tastefully have 5 companies listed, or make the main sponsor outside and display others inside. Vary control and marketing based on amount paid.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, Gee it's not like the former pavilion was sponsored by an insurance company at one point...
D0qrUueUwAAjb5g

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is that ever gonna show up.... anywhere? Seems like the biggest dropped ball that they somehow didn't make it their number one priority to do everything in their power to get an E-ticket based on the most popular movie franchise ever in a timely manner.
Anaheim and Paris still has the room. It’s no coincidence the quinjets are where they are.

Its up to Bob. Don’t laugh.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Anaheim and Paris still has the room. It’s no coincidence the quinjets are where they are.

Its up to Bob. Don’t laugh.

They'll likely announce this at D23 then put it on hold pause due to "economic circumstances have forced us to reevaluate all projects at this time".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How would that have worked with the Uni contract? Pretty much by definition, anyone who is an "Avenger" can't be used in WDW; would it just have been a ride and mission without those characters?
Pass. Maybe they were too bullish and that’s a reason it didn’t happen. Hence the “no more Epcot Marvel” mantra from above.

J4546

I wonder how long until disney negotiates avengers characters rights back to Disney. Everything has a price, and I could see universal getting a pretty penny for those marvel rights

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder how long until disney negotiates avengers characters rights back to Disney. Everything has a price, and I could see universal getting a pretty penny for those marvel rights
It honestly wouldn't be worth it for them. As a competitor, they know how vital Marvel would be to Disney's success. Selling it to Disney would be Universal shooting itself the foot, essentially providing easy success for their competition. At the moment, they're holding a large part of their biggest competition's potential success at bay.

raymusiccity

Since things will never be 100% like they once were, it seems like this would be a great time to rethink this space if they were planning for a ton of physically interactive elements.

They may think pushing it back a couple of years fixes everything but there are already parents that don't want their kids touching stuff "everyone has had their hands on" and I think post COVID the number of those has jumped by quite a lot.

I'm guessing we're saddled with this as a concept no matter what at this point but maybe they're rethinking/reworking some the physical elements of the experience?

They never went into really high detail on any of it so that seems like a possibility.

Martin?
Imagineers have put the finishing touches on a resurrected concept! They're done 'rethinking/reworking some the physical elements of the experience. Some photo realistic concepts have been leaked!

PennyArcade.jpg

3b193765893f2452cf6b5d08fcb4d3dd.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom