News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

mattpeto

In my D23 Odds workbook, 4 to 1 odds that we'll hear something about PLAY Pavilion at D23. I think the site that should not named might take a "L" with that rumor.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They're obviously putting a pause on this to rethink the name for the pavilion and decide on it..

Supposed choices so far are..
  • Wreck-It Ralph's PLAY Adventure
  • Venellope's PLAY Adventure
  • Joy and Sadness's PLAY Adventure
  • Baymax's PLAY Adventure
  • Edna Mode's PLAY Adventure
  • Judy Hopps's PLAY Adventure
PLAY! An Ellen's Recreational Adventure

EpcotCenter82

They're obviously putting a pause on this to rethink the name for the pavilion and decide on it..

You neglected to mention "Bob Cheap-ek's you pay, I'll play pavilion"! ;)

DisneyDodo

I heard they were leaning towards “Press PLAY on your remote to continue watching your favorite content on Disney+”

MagicHappens1971

Maybe reconsidering the whole Wakanda idea for the pavilion?
I wouldn't be surprised if this were to come to pass. They could finally finish the Avengers E-ticket and clone the ride tech at Epcot with a different video and preshow, add a walk-through "Wakanda to Earth" experience, interactive kind of like Innoventions, add a QSR and maybe TSR. They have the room, lets get building!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I heard a rumor that it will be themed based off of Incredibles 2 - You'll walk in and be forced to put on a pair of "special goggles". Once you do, you'll instantly find everything in Epcot more appealing, and you'll have no problem spending all of your money, college funds, and 401k savings there.

Epcot82Guy

I heard a rumor that it will be themed based off of Incredibles 2 - You'll walk in and be forced to put on a pair of "special goggles". Once you do, you'll instantly find everything in Epcot more appealing, and you'll have no problem spending all of your money, college funds, and 401k savings there.

Sponsored by Sweetwater Brewing and Jameson.

mysto

1662515204485.png

I actually have this shirt, it's not in as nice shape as this one.

pdude81

Ah yes, beer goggles

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
It takes zero insider information to know this.

The landscaping in front of PLAY! hasn't even been started. And WDW has been having trouble with staffing, so, you can't have a M&G hall if you don't have staff for it. Also, Omicron variants. Also, it's not the type of attraction that will bring in more guests or provide an opportunity for an upsell.

The list of things that won't be announced at D23 for the parks is much, much longer than the things that will be announced.

Everybody needs to tamper expectations for D23.

True insiders have already told or hinted at the things they know. And the timing of the announcement of the things they know is a moving target controlled by Marketing, of which, they have few to no contacts.
Was any work done on the inside for Play!?

Cmdr_Crimson

It takes zero insider information to know this.

The list of things that won't be announced at D23 for the parks is much, much longer than the things that will be announced.

Everybody needs to tamper expectations for D23.

True insiders have already told or hinted at the things they know. And the timing of the announcement of the things they know is a moving target controlled by Marketing, of which, they have few to no contacts.
Ahh good, I have my reaction at the ready once again. Gotta get this baby warmed up for this weekend then..
giphy.gif

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No

• Peter Pan's PLAY Adventure
  • Ian and Barley's PLAY Adventure
  • Joe Gardner's PLAY Adventure
  • Luca's PLAY Adventure
  • Mei Lee's PLAY Adventure
  • Marie's PLAY Adventure
  • Searcher Clade's PLAY Adventure
  • Luz Noceda's PLAY Adventure
  • Molly McGee's PLAY Adventure
  • Cricket and Tilly's PLAY Adventure
  • Hamster and Gretel's PLAY Adventure
  • Huey, Dewey, Louie, & Webby's PLAY Adventure

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
  • Peter Pan's PLAY Adventure
  • Ian and Barley's PLAY Adventure
  • Joe Gardner's PLAY Adventure
  • Luca's PLAY Adventure
  • Mei Lee's PLAY Adventure
  • Marie's PLAY Adventure
  • Searcher Clade's PLAY Adventure
  • Luz Noceda's PLAY Adventure
  • Molly McGee's PLAY Adventure
  • Cricket and Tilly's PLAY Adventure
  • Hamster and Gretel's PLAY Adventure
  • Huey, Dewey, Louie, & Webby's PLAY Adventure

Kiddie Gulag while Parents Play!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom