News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Magic Feather

Took them long enough to announce. Something is better than nothing... To elaborate, do not expect an E-Ticket in this area. A few attractions are still in flux, but expect a significant entertainment offering at a minimum. Also, expect for some relocated meets to come here. Imagination is the mid-term fix, this is the long term.

Phicinfan

Took them long enough to announce. Something is better than nothing... To elaborate, do not expect an E-Ticket in this area. A few attractions are still in flux, but expect a significant entertainment offering at a minimum. Also, expect for some relocated meets to come here. Imagination is the mid-term fix, this is the long term.
Am I reading this correctly? So WoL will basically replace original intentions for Innovations and Communicore? Seems to me to be that type of reading. Which I am fine with by the by

HairyLegPirate

So as I am reading that, it seems like it will have "interactive experiences" and presumably character meet and greets but no actual "attraction" in the pavilion. Am I interpreting that correctly?

That's my reading of it but based on:

Something is better than nothing... To elaborate, do not expect an E-Ticket in this area. A few attractions are still in flux, but expect a significant entertainment offering at a minimum. Also, expect for some relocated meets to come here. Imagination is the mid-term fix, this is the long term.

I'd guess there may be something else in the works? @Magic Feather do you know of anything else that may be in play?

AJDMB05

This is better than what we have now on both counts, so while it may not be what everyone wanted, I'd imagine we'd all have to agree this is a step in the right direction. That new concept art for the main entrance is absolutely awesome looking.

FrankLapidus

Intriguing - ideally there would be an attraction as the centrepiece to the various elements of this but I'm curious as to how 'innovative' this will be. I'm happy that something is finally going into that space; I'll never be completely on board with characters being added to everything - in some cases I think they fit, others not so much - but that's obviously the direction that Epcot is moving in.

The plans for the park entrance look to be a huge improvement on what's currently there, I love the concept art for that.

AJDMB05

Now it’s “out”....

The interior will be one huge IP driven playground. I’m aware of three core IPs. If all goes to plan one forum member in particular will be happy. Don’t think attractions as such. More like environments. Expect F&B to be added too. And digital interaction. Work should begin before the fall.
Not to infer too much but I imagine this means after 2019 Flower and Garden the old WoL building is closed until 2021?

DocMcHulk

Now it’s “out”....

The interior will be one huge IP driven playground. I’m aware of three core IPs. If all goes to plan one forum member in particular will be happy. Don’t think attractions as such. More like environments. Expect F&B to be added too. And digital interaction. Work should begin before the fall.
I think i see Joy from Inside Out (right side above the Hotel) and possibly Edna Mode from Incredibles (far left).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom