You know you're obsessed when...

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
My girlfriend and her family wanted to go to Adventureland in Iowa (we live in Illinois) this summer, that was until I showed them the new WDW DVD I ordered. That changed their mind and we all know where we are going this summer....52 days and counting. There's nothing near as magical as WDW is. Needless to say, being obsessed didn't make it hard to persuay them not to go there either.

TnkrBelPixiDust

Originally posted by Miss Bell
...exhaust fumes from school buses and city buses make you miss the Disney buses.
OMG!!! Sob:cry:!!! I miss the Disney Buses even though the fumes do make me kinda sick :hurl: lol :lol:! Now I have to go look @ my WDW pics and cry lol!!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
As much as everyone hates public transportation (taxis and buses) in major citys, for some reason we all love the Disney buses. Maybe it's the drivers, maybe it's the experience of seeing people on it or even the fact that they get us to the parks, I don't know what it is, but if I am ever in the city or around the college campus, I try to ride behind the buses just so I can remember the fumes you smell at WDW. Kinda sad that you smell exhaust to remember Disney, but if you're obsessed, anything works. :D

Enderikari

I used to draw full, detailed maps of all the parks in WDW...

while I was in college....

in class...

in my notebook...

Come finals time, I would be looking back through my mainly non-existant notes, and just be reminded about how much I would rather be in Disney...

Does that count as obsession?

;)

Miss Bell

How about when...

...you are in the Disney Store, and some newbies come into ask CM questions or buy tickets. You quickly realize that you know way more about WDW than the CM's working, so start giving tips. The newbies start directing all their questions to you, ignoring the CM.

Or, having just arrived in Orlando,while waiting for the Mears bus, you find it impossible not to enlighten people going for the first time with all your best tips.

dixiegirl

hay wannabelle please tel me where you got the port orleans screensaver if you can that smy fav resort.. even though it will always be dixie landings to me!! this thread is comically i guess i really am that obsessed, and i though i was the only one driving around with the monorail speal ( i have quite a few of them in my car like going to the contempory and such) ok is it me or does the smell of the exaust when a bus goes by remind you of being at disney waiting for the buses?? i get a wiff of that wonderful smell and poof there i am back in disney!!!!lol

disneygirl03

Originally posted by DisneyrazZ
how about when you hear the universal studios commercial and where it says, "fairy tales and pixie dust not your thing?...." and after that you add....then you are a bunch of weirdos :lol:

Ooh, that bothers me when they say that. My sister asks me why it bugs me so much...

tigger248

I totally agree about the buses (smells being a reminder of Disney). I hate the public buses here in KY. I had to take the shuttle buses at UofL for a year and a half which are the same as the public buses except I think they pick TARCs worst drivers for UofL. Whenever I would be late to class because of the slow buses I would always sit there and think about how much better it would be if I was on a Disney bus.

wannabeBelle

Hey Dixie Girl!!! I have pictures that I took when I went there last year!!!! If you'd like PM me your E mail and Ill send you a bunch of them. Im sure you would far prefere the ones without me in them, right??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Belle

MKBurn15

Originally posted by WDWScottieBoy
As much as everyone hates public transportation (taxis and buses) in major citys, for some reason we all love the Disney buses. Maybe it's the drivers, maybe it's the experience of seeing people on it or even the fact that they get us to the parks, I don't know what it is, but if I am ever in the city or around the college campus, I try to ride behind the buses just so I can remember the fumes you smell at WDW. Kinda sad that you smell exhaust to remember Disney, but if you're obsessed, anything works. :D
I'm no doctor, but I think that inhaling bus fumes just may be harmful to your health.:lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKBurn15
I'm no doctor, but I think that inhaling bus fumes just may be harmful to your health.:lol:

Of course it isn't something I do everyday. It's just the fact that everytime I see those buses it reminds me of them. I don't purposely go behind the buses to get a high on carbon monoxide. I'm not going to die trying to get my dose of Disney! :lol:

Also, while reading other threads, I'm obsessed that I know where the best place to stay at each resort is. Which room/building is closest to the buses, lobby, food court and pool. All withouth looking at a map!

Moonshadow1

tunes

When you whistle the theme from PotC over and over till your co-workers threaten to kill you so then you switch to whistle while you work instead.

SpectroMan

When you can sing ever attraction song, and your friends end up knowing all of them too because you sing them all the time.

When one of the things you try to give up for Lent is Disney music in the morning going to school.

yensidtlaw1969

I come up and draw out concepts for rides while whistling It's a Small World AND Grim Grinning Ghosts at the same time AND once in Math class I had my cell phone with me and it started ringing. My cell phone ring is Grim Grinning Ghosts ( Graveyard version ) so I pretended for like 10 minutes that it was brand new and I didn't know how to stop the ringing. IT WAS SOOOOO COOL! AND during Music when we are supposed to be practicing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony I play the version of Grim Grinning Ghost played by the crazed organist in the Ballroom of the Haunted Mansion. I'm evil, EVIL!:drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom