You know you're obsessed when...

TheDisneyGirl02

mrtoad said:
In WDW pennies can't get you anything (espcially with the Penny Arcade's demise) :animwink: .

But you can count your dollars at WDW, you can count them in negative countdown.

You can use your pennies and get pressed pennies...but you still have to insert at least 2 quarters for those pressed pennies... :rolleyes:

But I'm taking my pennies along on my trip in 9 days!

TheDisneyGirl02

You know you're obsessed when...

1. You can't help but giggle when you see an 'Under New Management' sign outside a hotel, restaurant, or public house (guilty!)

2. Your friends call you Minnie Mouse (guilty!)

3. A day without mentioning the 'D' word would be more difficult than a day without breathing (guilty!)

4. It's almost impossible to watch a non-Disney movie, when there are so many Disney ones in your collection. This also applies to non-Disney music. (guilty!)

5. You genuinly feel like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc, are your friends (guilty!)

6. There are two states you can be in - either at Disneyworld, or counting down the days till you next go to Disneyworld (guilty!)

7. You could never date someone who said anything along the lines of "Disneyworld? Nah, I don't get what you like about that place, what's that all about then?" (guilty!)

8. This website is your homepage (guilty!)

9. You're not a child, but own more plush than your 5 year old niece (guilty!)

10. You feel, deep down, that you will, some day, live in Orlando, and become a Disneyworld cast member (guilty!)

ILOVEDISNEY

tigger248 said:
I know and believe me I don't go to church when in Disney either (although I go every other sunday of the year).

The one I was talking about was the one about not owning a bible. Again, no offense, just my opinion.

No offense taken. :wave: I was making a general statement about "obsessed" WDW fans I know and love--myself included. I own and read several different Bibles and attend the church of my choice every Sabbath. However, it is difficult, but not impossible, to attend church services while at WDW. It's just that Disney took away a convenient option for believers of the Gloved One and the Almighty One. In the long run missing a couple hours of WDW time is just that.

csaguy

totally obsessed

We are totally obsessed. My daughter and I are not allowed to talk "Disney" when out. I've made an 8meg Power Point presentation for friends going to WDW. We've got over 6 hours of sound bites/clips burned to mpegs we listen to in the car. :hammer:
For Christmas we have a Disney tree in the den. :xmas:

diverdown2000

1) The bartenders at selected resorts welcomes you back with a free drink on the house for you and your spouse.

2) You are out golfing with your friends ( not at a Disney Resort) and you tell your cart buddy to keep all hands and feet inside the cart at all times.

3) When you tell your buddy in the golf cart...Please wait till the cart comes to a complete stop before exiting and grab all belongings and small children by the hand and exit to your right.

4) When standing in line at dinner waiting to be seated and and some one comes in with reservations and you mention they must have fast passes....

5) When you can leave your 9 year old daughter in the middle of one of the parks, and she can find her way back to the resort you are staying at with no problems at all...( Mind you we have not tried that...lol)

6) When you are flipping through the channels at home and you start missing the the Disney information channel that is played at the Resorts...

7) When fireworks are displayed at your city and you start imagining the Castle in the background

8) When you compare the meal deal at McDonalds to the Meal Deals at Disney

9) When you look for the Turkey Leg vendors at ANY festival going on in your city.

10) When you plan your next Disney Trip your first day of your current trip

ditzeechick02

when...

You know your boyfriend is obsessed... (i have to change it up a bit b/c i'm not obsessed) He is willing to go to Disney World the week before I go to Germany and not spend that last week with me, afterall i'll be gone for 2 weeks! Oh well... he's obsessed what can I say?
(boyfriend = wdwscottieboy) Love ya babe! :kiss:

WDWKat26

At MGM you can recite the all of the spiels FLAWLESSLY from:
Tower of Terror
Rock N' Roller Coaster
Fantasmic

(I'm guilty as charged!)

Horizons1

Your friends say that your like the guy in the Wendy's commercials only instead of being Wendy's your unofficially with Disney. And when you and your friends go to WDW everyone wants you as the tour guide. :lol: Those happened to me so many times.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Alright, so I've been sitting here the past couple of days figuring out what I should do with my money. I'm only 18 and have very few expenses right now. I've been wanting to get a new car (rather pricey, too) but after thinking about it, a car doesn't last forever. I can use the money for a new car, save it and keep the car I have now for a while and........

you're going to love this...

I'm going to buy into the DVC next year!!! I'll put it on my Disney Visa (yes, it's the ONLY credit card I will ever have and use [I got the card when I was 17!!!]) and use the points I've earned to get an AP. So no need for a new car when I can have 50 years of memories and magic happen. Yes, being 18 is awesome and I love doing what I can now, to some extent of course. So I guess having a Disney Visa and becoming a DVC member at the age of 18 is a bit obsessed, isn't it? :wave: :lol: :sohappy:

dandaman

I'm guilty on at least 7/8 of these (especially the bookstore section). My sister can recite the entire monorail speech in both languages, too, even though Canadians have to take French...:(

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
dandaman said:
I'm guilty on at least 7/8 of these (especially the bookstore section). My sister can recite the entire monorail speech in both languages, too, even though Canadians have to take French...:(

I'd rather you be guilty of them 9/10 of the time. :lol: I've never tried to recite the monorail speech in French. That would be pretty cool though. Bienvenue a les boards de WDWMagic mon copain! C'est un amusant place!

WELCOME to the boards, we'll all look forward to reading your future posts. Keep on obsessing and loving Disney, we all do! :lol: :wave:

MCMike37

WDWScottieBoy said:
7. You know where all the public bathrooms are.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I have a funny story about this. I recently moved to California and have yet to go to Disneyland, but am aniously awaiting the day I can return. I come from a family of Disney freaks and we spent countless summers at Disney World (Lived in Virginia, and visited pretty much yearly for 17 years.) Anyways, he told me the hardest thing was getting used to the fact Disneyland was not The Magic Kingdom. We have been so many times that we just know where the bathrooms are. He said in Disneyland he would just go to a place where there is a bathroom in The Magic Kingdom, only to realize there was none at the same location in Disneyland.

bandtrumpet

WDWScottieBoy said:
8. You watch the free WDW tapes over and over like they are going to help you when you already know it all.

9. You take that free WDW tape/DVD to your friends house to get them to want to go there.
LOL I TOTALY DO THAT!! i order every free dvd i can find and watch it over and over:)

Thomas_M

You know you're obsessed when you keep bumping threads that are almost 2 years old ;)

haha, just joking around, technically that's what I'm doing also.

Later! :wave:

Princess_Belle

*You know you are obsessed with disney when listening to music from shows
(example: lion king, beauty and the beast, etc.) you know all the motions and steps that the actors take!
*By the time that you are 16 you have already lost count of how many times that you have been ( my guess would be around 45?)
*You start having with drawls if you have not been in atleast 6 months and you start pulling out every home video of disney world
*Your friends dont ever argue with you when it comes to disney subjects cuz they know you are going to win
*When you refuse to go to other fireworks show on the fourth of july cuz you know they will never be as good as disneys

Mr Bill

You won an unofficial Disney trivia competition between you and the second biggest Disney nut in your school. You know that they were the second biggest Disney nut because THEY LOST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom