You know you're obsessed when...

MichRX7

Premium Member
When you hook your van up to your airstream to leave for FL and start playing the "Welcome aboard the WDW Monorail" tape the entire way through as you get onto your first highway in MI.

When something you do so much (as listed above) becomes a family tradition and everyone would be let down if you didn't do it when getting ready to leave for WDW.

When you correct the bus driver to DL in CA who is trying to spout out Disney trivia and you know he's wrong.

When you say something derogatory to the same bus driver because he said he prefers SFMM to DL.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
When friends ask you for Disney music because they know you have it all. Oh yes, I have made two official CD's now with Disney attractions on them!!! :sohappy:

You make room for Disney pins in your room even if it means moving things that mean a lot to you and have been in your life forever.

You don't let anyone touch your expensive Disney items because they don't know what they are messing with.

You have display cabinets for all your Disney pins.

SIR90210

One of your nicknames at school is Mickey Mouse
You refer to Disney as "we" or "us"
You refer to Universal as "the competition" or "Wormwood"
You have created a Disney test that the next biggest Disney freak in your school gets 19 out of 20 wrong
You feel "dirty" after eating dinner at Emril's in CityWalk, despite it beimg one of the best meals you've ever had
You curse at the intersection of US 15 and I 66 in Haymarket, Virginia
You correct people who get things about Disney wrong, even teachers
Your family asks for advice on their trip to WDW
Your watch AND keychain have a Mickey WDW motif
You have propsed turning your house into a Disney "monster House"
You have been to Disney parks 19 times by the time you're 14
You defend Disney over Universal with such vigor that the other person simply drops out of the argument
People know you haven't gone to France or Japan after you tell them you haven't gone to Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disney
When people ask you what your dream is, you say you want to be an Imaginner, and they look at you like you have 3 heads and asy "Imagine-what?"
You join the Future Business Leaders of America club because you plan to be CEO of Disney
Your Disney stuff includes: the Fantasmic, Aida, and Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks, Michael Crawford and Mannaheim Steamroller Disney albums, a Disney 2000 scrapbook, a Disney screensaver/wallpaper combo CD, monogrammed mouse ears you got from the 25th anniversary when you were 6, mouse ears that fit Kelly Ripa fine, but would pop at the seams if you tried to wear it, and a Sorceror Mickey backscratcher
You are sending your resume to WDI at the age of 14
You have proposed that WDW host the Olympics

BTW, all of those apply to me!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Originally posted by SIR90210
You curse at the intersection of US 15 and I 66 in Haymarket, Virginia
You join the Future Business Leaders of America club because you plan to be CEO of Disney

Explain the first one...I've never been there so I don't know how that applies to Disney. As for the FBLA...I did the same thing in high school and even made it to state level competition because I was determined to get some huge awards so that I could put them on my resume and show it to Disney. Oh yeah, I did that too!!!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I just thought of a couple more after running some errands.

1. When you smell bus exhaust and the first thing you think of is the WDW transportation system.

2. When you hear about a tradgic accident in Seattle about a monorail crash and you think of the Disney Monorail and then say "Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas!"

3. You lay outside to stare at the clouds and look for anything Disney in them.

4. When you see a shooting star you think of/sing "When you wish upon a star..." I've done it twice now, both times I was with my girlfriend (extra magical). Now I get to watch the shooting stars at Disney (Wishes show)!

t3techcom18

1) When people ask why you know so much about Disney
2) When you don't go to Disney in a while, you get Disneysick
3) When everything in my room is Disney
4) When you've read and memorized Disney songs
5) When you pretend you are a Disney character
6) When you mimick impersonations of characters
7) When you know the Monorail door spiel, and the of the Monorail spiel
8) When you know all the names of the resturants, rides, attractions, and bathrooms by age 9
9) When you've read, memorized, and understood everything that Birnbaum's guide had to say at age 7.
10) When you go and say that Mickey is real, and not fake
11) When you've collected everything about Disney, even CM stuff, before you were even born
12) When you say a lot of facts about a new ride so much, and everyone starts to get annoyed by it
13) You always keep your ears listening mode when people start to talk about Disney
14) You put stuff on your binder and locker about Disney
15) When people start to get annoyed seeing Disney in your binder, and start snickering about it
16) When you know whether they are saying the truth about stuff of new rides
17) When you have collected all the park maps from each visit since 1995
18) When a teacher who used to work at Disney told a story of being a character, and going through the utilidors, and I am the only who knows what the utilidor under MK is. (I thought that was quite funny; I bowed my head, sighing, until everyone fianlly understands; my teacher felt bad because I was the only in the classroom who knew what that was:lol: )

FigmentJedi

While in a local parade, you start sing/hum the Tapestry of Nations music and even recite pieces of the narration(Did this today in the My Waterloo Days parade. I ended up annoying other kids on the float to the point where they wanted to hit me.)

magical_mickey

When your wedding is disney themed! Mickey and Minnie invitations, favors, cake topper, toasting glasses, Mickey and Minnie bride and groom on the head table. Our wedding song was from Aladdin and all we played during the dinner was Disney music! .....Oh and of course....the Disney Honeymoon!!!:D

Nansafan

When you are online making airline reservations for your bosses business trip to Norfolk, VA and when it comes to the part to enter the "to" destination, you type in MCO without thinking, hit enter and when the flights come up on the screen, you have to start again because you realize you typed in the airport code for Orlando again.

TnkrBelPixiDust

You go to the airport just because it reminds you of leaving for vacation....

This isnt me but it's my best friend...
Drags your foot across the entrance of the airport in order to get the clicking noise that your luggage gets when you wheel it into the airport.. Sorry Meg!! ILU!!!

Ahhh.. the disney CD's we have.. once's with just rides... some with just shows and some with just parades.. sob sob...

When your on the airplane leaving WDW and already planning your next trip...

Your family refers to you as the disney freaks... (noone else in my family understands!!!)

When you have more disney memories that anything else... from Shaniqua & Caramel to Ziti & Meatballs... it's all in the name of WDW..

LOL!!! I'm serious about all of this.. it's not that im obsessed it's just that WDW is my "happy place" lol.. Meg know's what I mean!!

MKBurn15

Me: Did you know that EPCOT actually stands for something?
Chris: What?
Me: Um, Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow.
Chris: You see? It scares me that you know stuff like that.

Me: Was it in 1955? Disneyland opened in 1955.
Kathleen:What?
Me: And Disneyworld opened in 1971. On October 1, I think.
Kathleen: ..Why do you know that?
Me::lookaroun

yensidtlaw1969

When you build a scale model of Disneyland in your backyard, minus that wretched DCA partly because that thing disgraves the park, and partly because that's where your pool is:lookaroun .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom