Yeti to be never fixed... solid evidence!

beyondyou

And you know this how....? Everyone I have talked to and seen post on the removal of the Yeti, people that have firsthand working knowledge of the process, have all said that part of the mountain and maybe some track will need to be removed to fix the yeti and his foundation. So, how did you hear that getting the huge cracked yeti foundation out doesn't require this? :shrug:

There are a few people on these boards you take their word on all things Disney; Martin is one of them :)

G00fyDad

There are a few people on these boards you take their word on all things Disney; Martin is one of them :)

So is Lee. What's you're point? :shrug: So this "Martin" is supposedly more knowledgeable than the people actually at Disney? Or am I supposed to take his/her word on it based solely on other people's worship? lol No thanks. I'll base my information from sources I have seen and know to be correct. No offense to "Martin" but I have seen people that actually work in Animal Kingdom and people that are close to those that work in the planning stages for things in the parks, both here and on other boards, say differently. On top of all of the other sources of information I have seen from other knowledgeable sources, taking the Yeti and base out of the existing entrance and exit points for the mountain is a matter of physics. It can't be accomplished. Maybe the yeti alone, yes. But not the base on which he sits. Too much of the track and mountain have been built around it. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That is what I said; the Yeti can be removed. Inded, the support structure cannot easily :wave:

Oh, I'm a he btw :D

G00fyDad

That is what I said; the Yeti can be removed. Inded, the support structure cannot easily :wave:

Oh, I'm a he btw :D

I mean no offense to you at all. :) I suppose it is just very annoying seeing "There are a few people on these boards you take their word on all things Disney; _________ is one of them."...again. The level of worship of some here is just crazy. If I had a nickel for every time heard that phrase I'd have ....$0.20. :D I know in every fiber of my being that I could be head of Walt Disney Imagineering and make one statement on these boards and I will be immediately attacked and told that I should listen to __________ because they are "in the know". LOL I may have over reacted with him but it just bites my a** to see that phrase pop up all the time. :brick:

beyondyou

I mean no offense to you at all. :) I suppose it is just very annoying seeing "There are a few people on these boards you take their word on all things Disney; _________ is one of them."...again. The level of worship of some here is just crazy. If I had a nickel for every time heard that phrase I'd have ....$0.20. :D I know in every fiber of my being that I could be head of Walt Disney Imagineering and make one statement on these boards and I will be immediately attacked and told that I should listen to __________ because they are "in the know". LOL I may have over reacted with him but it just bites my a** to see that phrase pop up all the time. :brick:

You did overreact. We'll leave it at that as I do not have the energy for a response to you immediately judging me and lumping me in a group from not knowing me at all and from one statement that was half sarcastic.

G00fyDad

You did overreact. We'll leave it at that as I do not have the energy for a response to you immediately judging me and lumping me in a group from not knowing me at all and from one statement that was half sarcastic.

Wow. No energy for a response but you gave one anyway? :rolleyes: I tell you what, you can go on my ignore list and I can go on yours. ;) That way you don't have to see my sarcasm, and I don't have to see your brown nosing. :eek:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Dear bippy this thread got crazy. Either way, the word "never" is awfully strong... one that I would almost never use. :) That's my two cents.

mergatroid

The Yeti can be disassembled inside the mountain and removed without interfering with the building structure.

And you know this how....? Everyone I have talked to and seen post on the removal of the Yeti, people that have firsthand working knowledge of the process, have all said that part of the mountain and maybe some track will need to be removed to fix the yeti and his foundation. So, how did you hear that getting the huge cracked yeti foundation out doesn't require this? :shrug:

No disrespect to yourself but I've learnt viewing over the years and posting this last year that Martin (or marni1971 as known on here) knows a lot about Disney. If he says something he either knows it definitely to be true himself or has heard from a trusted, reliable source. If he hadn't then quite simply, he wouldn't state it. I know this from lots of previous examples of him being correct and none I recall of him being wrong.

That's not to say that you haven't heard from equally reliable sources to yourself to the contrary and as so you're entitled to look upon them more favourably. However if you knew from experience the respect his knowledge has on here then I believe you may at least question the other sources. Maybe he's wrong, maybe you're wrong, but I honestly wouldn't write off what he says and I certainly know I'm not :wave:

G00fyDad

Wow. I think my point was a little missed. :brick: But that is to be expected here.

"We don't totally understand what yer sayin' so we're gonna add some crap to it and run with that!"

Good God this has become amusing. I'm still waiting and hoping against hope that my point gets understood. But I have serious doubts about that. :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wow. I think my point was a little missed. :brick: But that is to be expected here.

"We don't totally understand what yer sayin' so we're gonna add some crap to it and run with that!"

Good God this has become amusing. I'm still waiting and hoping against hope that my point gets understood. But I have serious doubts about that. :rolleyes:

I think the problem lies in your own contradictory statements.

First, you claimed that there was NO WAY the Yeti could be removed from the mountain without cutting the mountain.
But they'd have to shut down EE to do this since it will require taking out parts of the mountain to get the Yeti out
THEN...

You changed your story to MAYBE just the Yeti could be removed but not the base.
Maybe the yeti alone, yes.
The whole argument has been if the the yeti ALONE could be removed. This whole thread has become comical because you guys are arguing different points entirely.

G00fyDad

I think the problem lies in your own contradictory statements.

First, you claimed that there was NO WAY the Yeti could be removed from the mountain without cutting the mountain.

THEN...

You changed your story to MAYBE just the Yeti could be removed but not the base.
The whole argument has been if the the yeti ALONE could be removed. This whole thread has become comical because you guys are arguing different points entirely.

But the Lion King show is here to stay. :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Wait...what have I missed?

For the record, no part of the mountain will have to be removed in order to solve the yeti problem. Simple as that.

G00fyDad

Wait...what have I missed?

For the record, no part of the mountain will have to be removed in order to solve the yeti problem. Simple as that.

So you mean that the Yeti base, that is supposed to have the crack, can be taken out of the mountain without removal of part of the track or mountain to gt it out? Isn't that kind of like shoving a basketball through a sink drain?

Lee

Adventurer
So you mean that the Yeti base, that is supposed to have the crack, can be taken out of the mountain without removal of part of the track or mountain to gt it out? Isn't that kind of like shoving a basketball through a sink drain?

It's easy. The yeti structure was brought in and installed (in pieces) after the mountain structure was already in place. The AA and his structure can be taken apart and removed via the maintainence doors in the side of the mountain. The foundation work, if any is needed, will be done (naturally) inside.

If, as I have been told, the actual AA is the main problem...it's all even easier.

NoChesterHester

It's easy. The yeti structure was brought in and installed (in pieces) after the mountain structure was already in place. The AA and his structure can be taken apart and removed via the maintainence doors in the side of the mountain. The foundation work, if any is needed, will be done (naturally) inside.

If, as I have been told, the actual AA is the main problem...it's all even easier.

So why wait until 2013 then? If massive dismantling isn't required then it can't be a cost issue. If it can be done inside and removed then the ride should still be able to operate. Right?

What did I miss?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom