Yeti to be never fixed... solid evidence!

G00fyDad

It's easy. The yeti structure was brought in and installed (in pieces) after the mountain structure was already in place. The AA and his structure can be taken apart and removed via the maintainence doors in the side of the mountain. The foundation work, if any is needed, will be done (naturally) inside.

If, as I have been told, the actual AA is the main problem...it's all even easier.

I heard that it was the main Yeti base that had a detrimental crack in it. But I also heard that the base was one large piece too. If I heard wrong about that then it may have just been the AA all along. Thanks for clearing that up about the base though. ;)

Lee

Adventurer
So why wait until 2013 then? If massive dismantling isn't required then it can't be a cost issue. If it can be done inside and removed then the ride should still be able to operate. Right?
Well, cost is definately a HUGE factor. No way any substantial work can be done without spending a goodly amount of cash.
Also, I am hearing tales of some squabbling over who's responsibility it is and who's budget it would be coming out of when it does get fixed. That sort of thing never fails to complicate things.

As far as the ride operating, I am of the belief that a lot of the work could be done third shift and allow the ride to operate during the day. That's based on what I've heard about the issue, but I could be wrong. Safety first, and all that.

I heard that it was the main Yeti base that had a detrimental crack in it.
That is one of several possibilities that has been offered up as the cause of the problem. ( I can't confirm that, or that the issues is soley with the AA itself. Lube and whatnot.:lookaroun) If it is just a structural problem with the base, I would think that would be one of the easier and cheaper things to repair. Certainly moreso than having to deal with getting a whole new yeti.

If any AK engineers are reading this, feel free to fill me in....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, cost is definately a HUGE factor. No way any substantial work can be done without spending a goodly amount of cash.
Also, I am hearing tales of some squabbling over who's responsibility it is and who's budget it would be coming out of when it does get fixed. That sort of thing never fails to complicate things.

Something along the lines of operations saying its a design flaw so Imagineering should pay to fix, type thing?:shrug:

MerlinTheGoat

It's interesting to finally know that the issue could indeed be fixed without actually taking apart the mountain, or heck even closing the ride down for a considerable amount of time. From what Lee has said, they can basically completely remove the broken parts and just continue running the attraction without having the Yeti in there.

I could probably "imagineer" a way to handle to loss of the yeti temporarily at least. If they wanted to be classy about it anyways. This assuming they don't just leave a gaping hole there in the first place, but here's my idea- Just put up a scrim and project an animated yeti onto it. CGI i guess. Something like they did with the hitch hiking ghosts at the end of Haunted Mansion before they finalized the interaction mirror part, and similar looking to that big cavemen vs mammoth scene at the beginning of Spaceship Earth (it doesn't have to look cartoony, it CAN look good). That can substitute until they fix the model, we've tolerated much worse IMHO. Of course, assuming they ever get to that, or were willing to be a little more classy than just leaving a big ugly hole there (lol)... :rolleyes:

Not surprised to hear it's a cost-related thing. And i have to laugh my rear off that they're fighting about whose responsibility it is to fix it...:brick:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are plans proposed to provide an alternate visual should the Yeti be removed.

As it seemed to be several months ago remember?

Did Knee

Does DLR's Matterhorn have an extra "Harold" AA? Just ship him over and stick him in there while our Yeti is out to rehab. It would make a fun tribute!

Rob562

It's wonderful when everyone works for the same company.....but doesn't. :ROFLOL:

It's the same in any company with multiple divisions. Everyone has their own budget, and everyone is expected to stay within it.

I work for a major university, and each school gets their own budget. I work for part of the university that provides services to all units, but still have to deal with each school's budgetary restrictions in how my office interacts with those departments.

-Rob

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's the same in any company with multiple divisions. Everyone has their own budget, and everyone is expected to stay within it.

I work for a major university, and each school gets their own budget. I work for part of the university that provides services to all units, but still have to deal with each school's budgetary restrictions in how my office interacts with those departments.

-Rob

Im right there with you. I work for a company that goes to painstaking lengths to make sure that expense dollars are charged to the correct entity.

G00fyDad

So what department is in charge of the Yeti? I always thought that Park Operations had control (and was financially responsible) over the attractions.

njdan

ok isnt it all about the ride its a great roller coaster isnt it. Yes the yeti makes it a little more interesting but ride still is great

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom