Yeti to be never fixed... solid evidence!

muse1983

It was just poor design. The whole project, save the mountain exterior, was. The Yeti should have been in the center of the mountain, but they were too afraid to be "KONGFRONTATION" so they went this route.

I partially agree here. The original sketches did imply that the Yeti was going to be more of a "KONGFRONTATION" appearance in the middle of the ride. Sure that would have increased the overall "cheese" factor but heck at least you would get a solid look at him. In the end I love the current design much more but it really needs to be placed in a different spot, rushing past a multi million AA is kind of a bummer regardless of which mode it's in.

The Empress Lilly

Rushing past the World's biggest AA is a waste. You barely get to see him.
Yet a Yeti-frontation at the middle of the ride is too cheesy, too Universal.

So, maybe they should've designed something else. Design another ride experience. This concept was flawed from the beginning, working Yeti or not.
'Huge artificial mountain + world's largest coaster budget evar' should yield a better result than 'good ride, fabulous to look at, shame about some execution flaws'.

RSoxNo1

I partially agree here. The original sketches did imply that the Yeti was going to be more of a "KONGFRONTATION" appearance in the middle of the ride. Sure that would have increased the overall "cheese" factor but heck at least you would get a solid look at him. In the end I love the current design much more but it really needs to be placed in a different spot, rushing past a multi million AA is kind of a bummer regardless of which mode it's in.

I've said on multiple occasions that the Yeti projection room should feature a Kongfrontation type effect. There are a few ways this can be accomplished but I assume that these things would be substantially harder now that the support structures have all been built.

If it is possible I could see them selling this as an addition as part of a refurb to fix the Yeti. If that scene is enhanced and the Yeti is repaired it's something that can be marketed as a re-launch of the attraction.

Buried20KLeague

i've been on the ride dozens of times i have never once noticed the yeti not working. Its for a brief second anyway, so why spend that kind of money..is the yeti supposed to be doing something other than yelling in yiddish at you? Don't know but i think the yeti & things like the adventurers club should be left alone, cause there are far bigger concerns around the mouse house.

such as...why is sounds dangerous still open...why hasnt the great movie ride been changed at all since the park opened. If they would replace and upgrade those things i would be happier than if they made the yeti do jumping jacks.

:brick:

AAAAAAAAAAAND.... Chalk another person up as part of the problem.

Here's the issue: If TDO were to read your post, they'd stop reading once they got past "the yeti & things like Adventurer's Club should be left alone", and then they'd begin high-fiving each other because another person just permitted them (in effect) to continue to not address it.

It doesn't have to be an "either or" scenario. TDO COULD properly maintain the yeti, continue to make a profit with a re-opened Adventurer's Club, AND they could replace Sounds Dangerous and update GMR. Novel concept, I know.

Being permissive doesn't help.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
See, I just don't agree.

It was a poor design choice to put him there in the first place.

I *DID* see him in A-mode, and I completely see how some people still totally missed it. It's so quick, so dark, and you are on a fast portion of the coaster (where many people have squinty eyes, etc., just from the wind in your face).

It was a monumental waste of money for what they got, even if the dang thing worked.

It was just poor design. The whole project, save the mountain exterior, was. The Yeti should have been in the center of the mountain, but they were too afraid to be "KONGFRONTATION" so they went this route.

If they had spent 1/2 the time they spent filling the queue with random junk that most guests don't even notice (I could have made a similar queue, with a couple grand and a big truck to visit junk dealers with). But I know, I know - that junky tin can actually came from the Himalayas - wow! Yeah, that's lost on 99.99999% of guests.

Oh wait, I've got to go - the cult of Rhode is beating down my door, and I have to go inform them yet again that you can make as pretty environment as you want, but without content, it's like a beautiful leather engraved bookcover, with a promotional pamphlet for how to use a personal hygiene product inside, or a Ferrari with a moped engine under the hood.
Great post.

As for the bolded, as others have said, at least do something to address the time/visual exposure of the AA if in fact it is as special as it is.

I've said on multiple occasions that the Yeti projection room should feature a Kongfrontation type effect. There are a few ways this can be accomplished but I assume that these things would be substantially harder now that the support structures have all been built.

If it is possible I could see them selling this as an addition as part of a refurb to fix the Yeti. If that scene is enhanced and the Yeti is repaired it's something that can be marketed as a re-launch of the attraction.
Ill take that anyday!

Couldnt some simpler things be done to enhance that last scene. E.G. once past the exterior double loop and entering the tunnel flat portion before the right turn, slowing down to let ones eyes adjust to the dark, additional show lighting with accelerators inside at the bottom of the dip would make that scene longer, more exposed and quite possibly some might think that the slow down was the end of the ride, only to be surprised.

Ok, just thought Id play armchair Imagineer on my lunch break. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom