Yeti to be never fixed... solid evidence!

TyrantBoss

It is a Tough Decision for Disney....

If you stop and think about it, Disney is in a difficult situation with the Yeti.
Everest is the biggest draw and most popular attraction in Animal Kingdom. Since Animal Kingdom operates 365 days a year there really is no time to shut down the ride to provide all of the extensive work they say that it would require to make the Yeti operational.

It really is a tough choice for Disney. How long will Everest have to be down to do all the work? It seems like Disney does not want to keep it down that long.

Everyone I know, who is not a Disney fan, and does not know where to look, for the past three years, has come back saying "The Everest ride was awesome, but where was the Yeti? Was he just in that cartoon?"

I'm talking about 6 separate families. I told one where to look on a repeat visit, and then they said, "yes, we saw him, but that's it?"

NOW< In B mode, but in A mode, you COULD NOT miss the monster swiping at your head. I don't think it was poor placement at all. I just think the people who are claiming this have either never seen A mode yeti, or only think they've seen A mode Yeti

the-reason14

NOW< In B mode, but in A mode, you COULD NOT miss the monster swiping at your head. I don't think it was poor placement at all. I just think the people who are claiming this have either never seen A mode yeti, or only think they've seen A mode Yeti

I remember when the yeti was working in A mode, and how a lot of people complained you moved by it too quick. The quickness made it feel more authentic.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, you had mentioned this back in March. Any more news?
Nope. As I said in the post you quoted, I don't expect any movement on the Yeti front until fiscal 2012-2013.

Also, is the explanation of improper lubrication still accurate?

(unleash the inappropriate jokes)
Far as I know, yeah. That aspect of his ailment is still a valid concern.

'74 in with the joke in 3..2..1..
:lookaroun

bstiles

They could easily replace the yeti with an animatronic of a half naked robin williams. He is very yeti like. He also does not need to be lubricated.

Alex21

Missing Yeti

I rode Expedition Everest yesterday and have to say that I miss the Yeti!! I don't see why they can't just put some sort of temporary replacement...? My trip was a blast and some of my pictures/tweets about the trip are seen here http://www.kyoo.com/disney-world :animwink:

flavious27

It's the truth though. That's the problem with building super headliner attractions. Once they are built guests expect them be there each time they come back to WDW. Of course AK survived before, but Everest gave it a huge attendance boost and closing it for 6-12 months would be a serious issue.

Which is why it would make sense that they would finally get the yeti situation handled when avaland opens up or is about to. I kind of expect a sink in attendance in the quarter and or two quarters before avaland opens up because people will delay their plans. This is kind of what happened at IOA before wwhp opened. If wdi was able to find a way to get the yeti fixed in a 3 - 6 month period, that would be the ideal time to.

muse1983

Nope. As I said in the post you quoted, I don't expect any movement on the Yeti front until fiscal 2012-2013.

So you're pretty confident there will be some kind of fix around fiscal year 2012-2013? This is good news in my opinion. At one time the rumor was that a projection effect (similar to the Bride in HM) would ultimately replace the AA (which I hope would never be the case), have you heard anything else about that rumor?

G00fyDad

So you're pretty confident there will be some kind of fix around fiscal year 2012-2013? This is good news in my opinion. At one time the rumor was that a projection effect (similar to the Bride in HM) would ultimately replace the AA (which I hope would never be the case), have you heard anything else about that rumor?

But they'd have to shut down EE to do this since it will require taking out parts of the mountain to get the Yeti out. EE is three seperate sections... mountain, track, and Yeti. I cannot see them doing this and losing an entire attraction in a park with so few attractions already. Maybe after Pandora is finished, maybe. All in all, most people that go to AK have no clue that the Yeti ever moved before. If they see him in the quick 1/2 second as they pass by then great, but they still had no idea that he moved. So most people would never miss it if he never moved again. It is only us on these boards that are really missing this feature. And I doubt they'll fix the yeti just for us. :(

muse1983

But they'd have to shut down EE to do this since it will require taking out parts of the mountain to get the Yeti out. EE is three seperate sections... mountain, track, and Yeti. I cannot see them doing this and losing an entire attraction in a park with so few attractions already. Maybe after Pandora is finished, maybe. All in all, most people that go to AK have no clue that the Yeti ever moved before. If they see him in the quick 1/2 second as they pass by then great, but they still had no idea that he moved. So most people would never miss it if he never moved again. It is only us on these boards that are really missing this feature. And I doubt they'll fix the yeti just for us. :(

That's pretty much what I had been saying in a earlier post. For them to shut down EE would be a death blow to a park that is already barely worthy of a half day visit. However it's never really been confirmed that the Yeti would have to be removed for some kind of fix so who knows. But if an actual removal of the Yeti is needed for the fix then yeah...we won't see anything until after Pandora opens in my opinion ( if the cracks in the Yeti's base prove to be accurate).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But they'd have to shut down EE to do this since it will require taking out parts of the mountain to get the Yeti out. EE is three seperate sections...(
The Yeti can be disassembled inside the mountain and removed without interfering with the building structure.

G00fyDad

The Yeti can be disassembled inside the mountain and removed without interfering with the building structure.

And you know this how....? Everyone I have talked to and seen post on the removal of the Yeti, people that have firsthand working knowledge of the process, have all said that part of the mountain and maybe some track will need to be removed to fix the yeti and his foundation. So, how did you hear that getting the huge cracked yeti foundation out doesn't require this? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom