Yeti indeed in new position on EE

IWant2GoNow

are you referring to the steam on the back of the train cars? thats no longer an effect?? :cry:

I believe they are referring to the mist effect that used to happen in the tunnels and caves of E:E. Alongside the tracks they used to shoot a very small, high pressure stream of water at a small pin that would shoot the water off into a mist throughout the ride. It created the effect of a cold fog since you were suppoesd to be high up in the mountains.

WDWExplorer

Banned
Original Poster
Lee,

Thought you were referring to the mountaintop fog effect.. it was working this past weekend..

the internal mist lines were a bad idea from the beginning.. from what I understand, they are considering traditional foggers with cool airconditioning (think test track cold enviro-test..) during the EE refurb ...

no idea when that refurb is though

Yeah no kidding, everything is rumors, not a lot of sense, usually Disney does at least spend money to fix and update things... especially key things.

mickey2008.1

if it cost 100 milliion to build, which i doubt, then whats another million to fix it?:shrug: cedar point puts up 5 million roller coaster with no theming, i cant believe theming costs that much. hotels dont cost that much.

the-reason14

Now that I think about it, I think the yeti was in its current position when I went on it in Jan. I noticed that he looked a bit awkward. So I dont think this is nothing new.

EpcoTim

if it cost 100 milliion to build, which i doubt, then whats another million to fix it?:shrug: cedar point puts up 5 million roller coaster with no theming, i cant believe theming costs that much. hotels dont cost that much.

Well next time you stay at your local Motel 6, ask them how much it cost them to build and hand paint a man made mountain, or how many hundreds of engineers and years of design it took to research their roller coaster and massive animatronic.

Or better yet just weep silently as you wait in line for your shetty continental breakfast and come to the grim realization that you just compared an ungodly detailed and complex one off highly themed roller coaster to a building type that has existed and been copied millions of times over many, many decades.

Lee

Adventurer
if it cost 100 milliion to build, which i doubt, then whats another million to fix it?:shrug:.
The entire EE project (including R&D, theming, land development, etc) was in the $100mil ballpark.

cedar point puts up 5 million roller coaster with no theming, i cant believe theming costs that much.
Actually Cedar Point doesn't build coasters for $5mil.
Maverick, their last one, cost them $22mil.
Dragster and M. Force were each $25mil.
Even Wicked Twister, an off the shelf Intamin Impulse, was $9mil.

RSoxNo1

The computer refers to it by its generic name, "sauropod".

The vegetarian you encounter after the carnotaurus.

Gotcha.

Is it the Parasaurolophus or is it another Dinosaur in the area?

Parasaurolophus.jpg

TP2000

during the EE refurb... no idea when that refurb is though

Don't be silly, they can't close EE for an extended refurbishment.

A refurbishment of the park's signature E Ticket attraction will RUIN VACATIONS, that is a fact that has been well documented. :cool:

Kiff

Lee,

Thought you were referring to the mountaintop fog effect.. it was working this past weekend..

the internal mist lines were a bad idea from the beginning.. from what I understand, they are considering traditional foggers with cool airconditioning (think test track cold enviro-test..) during the EE refurb ...

no idea when that refurb is though

It's nice to know they might at least be considering fixing the effect instead of just forgetting it.... Man we need that refurb. It doesn't matter that the attraction is almost brand new, it should have been pushed to the top of the priority list once the problems with the Yeti were first realized.....

WDWExplorer

Banned
Original Poster
Easier said than done.
I'll drop off my resume and see if they have an opening for park VP.:lol:

OH, ok ... so, you're going to give up on helping out and just sit back and complain instead?

You are starting to sound like a perfect fit for TDO :)

While a lot of my messages have been directed at you Lee, please don't take them personally.. The constant moaning and groaning from many people about things gets old.. We all have a soap box, but no one wants to crack thiers open and use the soap to clean up the problems.

Buried20KLeague

OH, ok ... so, you're going to give up on helping out and just sit back and complain instead?

You are starting to sound like a perfect fit for TDO :)

While a lot of my messages have been directed at you Lee, please don't take them personally.. The constant moaning and groaning from many people about things gets old.. We all have a soap box, but no one wants to crack thiers open and use the soap to clean up the problems.

You know... You're right.

I should ignore major show elements that haven't worked for years on signature attractions that are constantly advertised. And if I DO notice them, I should just be happy that they're even there to be broken in the first place. :rolleyes:

I've got news for you: Posting on here about this IS how we can help out. Making people aware of the issue. How many people, just in the past 3 pages of this thread alone, had NO IDEA that some of the broken effects even existed?? It was said just a couple pages back that it's guessed that 65% of people that ride E:E don't know anything is wrong. Isn't it in our best interests (yours as well) that that percentage steadily decreases? Why wouldn't we educate the public?

You make more and more people aware, and maybe something happens (a la LoW, if something happens next Christmas for example). Or maybe it doesn't (a la Adventurer's Club). But either way, at least you haven't taken it lying down.

But it's childish for you to suggest we shouldn't be allowed to
criticize unless we work for TDO. :rolleyes: Really? I don't know about Lee, but I wouldn't want to take the pay cut.

We're paying customers. We have every right to discuss the product we purchase, both good and bad.

I agree that the constant moaning and groaning gets old. SO MAYBE THEY SHOULD FIX IT, rather than us stop noticing.

_Scar

Don't be silly, they can't close EE for an extended refurbishment.

A refurbishment of the park's signature E Ticket attraction will RUIN VACATIONS, that is a fact that has been well documented. :cool:

It'd ruin mine :shrug:

Or at least my day at DAK.

They need to do it during value season. :sohappy:

disneysroyal411

Okay everyone pull out your iPads and iPhone OS products because theres an app to solve our problem, Apple told me so. I was watching TV and I was like "So how could we do a refurb on EE or fix the yeti somehow without angerings guests?"
"There's an app for that, iPhone" and thats how I knew how we were gonna solve our problem.!

Monorail_Orange

So did anyone catch the bit in that Discovery Channel special, "Without the Yeti, there'd be no ride" :eek:

Maybe TDO should take a minute a re-watch that show. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom