Yeti indeed in new position on EE

_Scar

If some people would rather choose a typical Six Flags roller coaster to a yeti-less EE then lower queue time for me at DAK :)

Your loss.

disneysroyal411

To begin to compare, as several posters have done, the yeti-less-E:E to a Cedar Point or Six Flags coaster is completely asinine, in my opinion. While it's sad that TDO has allowed the Yeti to deteriorate to such a point, E:E as a whole is still a fantastically themed and immersive attraction and still blows the roof off of anything any other thrill park has to offer.

But, that's just one guy's opinion and, having spent the past half-hour wading through this thread, I know there are plenty of others that disagree with me. :)

I'm not just trying to disagree with you but when I said my point of it being a thrill ride I was just trying to emphasize my opinion of why it's supposed to have the effects.

PREMiERdrum

To begin to compare, as several posters have done, the yeti-less-E:E to a Cedar Point or Six Flags coaster is completely asinine, in my opinion. While it's sad that TDO has allowed the Yeti to deteriorate to such a point, E:E as a whole is still a fantastically themed and immersive attraction and still blows the roof off of anything any other thrill park has to offer.

But, that's just one guy's opinion and, having spent the past half-hour wading through this thread, I know there are plenty of others that disagree with me. :)

Then you obviously haven't ridden Disaster Transport at Cedar Point! :lol:

Figment632

I heard that the ride is going down for a major overhaul next month. The area with the Yeti will be evnen darker. The ride will be themed after The Grand Fiesta Tour and Finding Nemo. The Yeti is lost and we are trying to find him :D

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If you have ever been to Six Flags Great Adventure and ridden El Toro, or Nitro, I would defy you to say it is a less satisfying experience then riding E:E. While I do love E:E and would possibly have a different opinion if we got the opening day version all the time, we don't so therefore the experience is downgraded. These Six Flags coasters are miles more thrilling, granted they are also miles less immersive, but if you are simply talking about how satisfied you are with an experience, I would put them on equal footing.

Figment632

If you have ever been to Six Flags Great Adventure and ridden El Toro, or Nitro, I would defy you to say it is a less satisfying experience then riding E:E. While I do love E:E and would possibly have a different opinion if we got the opening day version all the time, we don't so therefore the experience is downgraded. These Six Flags coasters are miles more thrilling, granted they are also miles less immersive, but if you are simply talking about how satisfied you are with an experience, I would put them on equal footing.

You said it, it might be a better coaster but there is 0 theme.

I live literally 5 minutes from SIx Flags GA and the park is a sad story imo. It used to be a nice theme park but it is no longer a theme park it is a coaster park. The park has no theme when Bizzaro is in Frontier Forest, Superman in the boardwalk/Edwards Airforce base.

Yensid40

Yea, it has "Disaster" in the name for a reason! :lol: To make matters worse they now tell you it's in "3D" but it's actually just a bunch of blacklight effects. :ROFLOL:

I went to youtube to see what this was all about. Even in pitch black I can tell that its piece of crap.

IWant2GoNow

I went to youtube to see what this was all about. Even in pitch black I can tell that its piece of crap.

I think what's even worse is that it gets REALLY busy at times. Like the inside queue is very long and it will still have a line outside down the side of the building. Could you imagine if we had a decent indoor coaster up here? Even something on par with RNRC would probably be a 3 hour wait! :lol:

But getting back OT, I think they should just take the yeti out completely. What would be the harm in that anymore? Half the people that ride E:E miss it anyway. Just take the whole thing out and replace/fix it ASAP. I've been getting fed up with the whole thing lately. It's been this way for about 3 years and they still won't do anything? I don't care how crowded it gets or disappointed people will be, at least do the sensible thing and take it down to fix it. You can still leave the coaster the way it is until the yeti makes his return. Heck, just let the CMs tell everyone that the yeti has gone on vacation to the Alps for some skiing. My letter to Guest Relations goes in the mail this weekend.

RSoxNo1

I've posted this in several locations, but I feel obligated to whenever people try to compare Six Flags to Disney in terms of coasters.

When discussing pure thrills, it's pretty easy to favor Six Flags, but when classifying coasters I like to break them down like this:

Unthemed: This is your typical steel coaster. I would argue that The Hulk and Dueling Dragons fall into this category, even though they have themed queues.

Lightly Themed: This would be a heavily exposed steel coaster that has marginal theming or an on-board audio track. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, California Screamin, and X-2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain would qualify in this category

Heavily Themed: This would be most Disney "Coasters" and something like The Mummy.

For pure thrills, you're probably better off looking at the Unthemed and Lightly Themed categories, as nobody has made a Heavily themed coaster that can approach the thrill level often used as the selling point of many Unthemed and Lightly Themed coasters.

Lee

Adventurer
Unthemed: This is your typical steel coaster. I would argue that The Hulk and Dueling Dragons fall into this category, even though they have themed queues.

Lightly Themed: This would be a heavily exposed steel coaster that has marginal theming or an on-board audio track. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, California Screamin, and X-2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain would qualify in this category

Heavily Themed: This would be most Disney "Coasters" and something like The Mummy.
I propose another category. The Medium Themed coasters, I guess it would have to be. That would be like Black Mamba and Crystal Wings. Both are very thrilling rides, and have extensive theming. Just short of Everest theming in my book.

Attachments

• bmamba.jpg
    bmamba.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 107
  • cryswings.jpg
    cryswings.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 106

RSoxNo1

I would put those in the heavily themed categories. There are obvious gray areas between the categories (like where do you put Primeval Whirl for example).

I just think it's unrealistic to compare an unthemed coaster to a heavily themed coaster on all elements. For the most part it's purely a matter of opinion as to what is better: thrills or theming

hokielutz

I would put those in the heavily themed categories. There are obvious gray areas between the categories (like where do you put Primeval Whirl for example).

I just think it's unrealistic to compare an unthemed coaster to a heavily themed coaster on all elements. For the most part it's purely a matter of opinion as to what is better: thrills or theming

I am not sure Primeval whirl could really be called a coaster. I would categorize it as a carnival type attraction. Its all steel exposed ride with painted with characters posted on walls.

Alektronic

I would put Primeval Whirl in a parody class of a real coaster. It supposed to be a cheap roadside imitation of CTX/Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom