Yeti indeed in new position on EE

IWant2GoNow

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Walt Disney World Guest Communications[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PO Box 10040[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040[/FONT]

Thanks Rob!

_Scar

What about Newton because of Newton's laws about equal and opposite reactions because everytime he swung then he damaged his support structure a little bit.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

NEWTON, NEWTON, NEWTON!

MillerPoppins

When I rode Everest for the first time in 2008, we flew out of the mountain and I kept wondering where he was supposed to be. I rdoe it again and finally saw where he "was". You could see that there was a shadow of something there but nothing was moving or anything.

I really, really hope they work on this because I want to see this thing in it's glory! All the "making of" video is so impressive.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You could term him SNAFU, but then again I'm not certain the Yeti was ever in a "Situation Normal" state....

hrcollectibles

I had read all about the Yeti and the A mode and B mode for more than a year before we made it back down and were able to ride. I must confess, the first time I rode, I saw nothing, knowing only generally where to look.

The second time we road, after one of my sons had pointed out when to look, I saw some brown fur.

Sorry.. Next time I will tell my friend to keep his shirt on

so basically the yeti is putting so much stress on whats holding it up that it is falling... isnt that kind of... umm idk... DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!

beyondyou

so basically the yeti is putting so much stress on whats holding it up that it is falling... isnt that kind of... umm idk... DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!

to my knowledge it is not dangerous. that is why he is not moving. if he were to be moving then he would be putting a bunch of stress on the structure on hte mountain. hence why we have discon yeti for now

WDWExplorer

Banned
Original Poster
to clarify ... his current position almost looks 'shut down'.... like how you would expect a robot to look if you unplugged it's power and it turned into a rag-doll.... kinda like the 'robot formerlly known as SIR' in stitch... once he's Oil's himself and shuts-down

benji

I'm happy Everst is getting some tlc. Honestly I'm sick of new attractions opening with about 30 speical effects and about 10 are left six months later. We need better up keep in all of our area themeparks.

MythBuster

Hey Lee, can you tell me if there's any truth to this theory. One of my friends told me that another company was contracted by Disney to build the Yeti and either their contract was up with the company or that upkeep and maintenance wasn't part of the contract. My skepticism is high with this because I assumed that the Yeti was made by Disney's Imagineers, and if it wasn't, would assume once again that Disney would be smart enough to make sure they signed some agreement to fix it if it were to malfunction. But I know what I do when I assume... so... Haha. I thought I'd see if you could thwart or back up my friend's comment. Thanks!

WDI designed and built the Yeti, but when the ride was turned over to Operations then AK maintenance assumed responsibility for the ride and all its components. If the maintenance dept has problems or the fix is too technical then they refer to WDW Ride and Show Engineering. Then they try and to fix it or provide solutions to be able to fix it, but just like anything, it will require a lot money and labor. Then AK decides if they want to spend that money to repair it or save money to stay under the budget. Or if it is a real expensive project, spread it out over a couple of years, buy the needed parts one year, then next year, do the installation or necessary work.

So when WDI finishes a project and turns it over to the park, they are no longer responsible for it. That deparment is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep. The Show Quality Standards used to have more power than now and it is basically a punchlist or checklist. It is all about safety and hourly ridership counts.

IWant2GoNow

WDI designed and built the Yeti, but when the ride was turned over to Operations then AK maintenance assumed responsibility for the ride and all its components. If the maintenance dept has problems or the fix is too technical then they refer to WDW Ride and Show Engineering. Then they try and to fix it or provide solutions to be able to fix it, but just like anything, it will require a lot money and labor. Then AK decides if they want to spend that money to repair it or save money to stay under the budget. Or if it is a real expensive project, spread it out over a couple of years, buy the needed parts one year, then next year, do the installation or necessary work.

So when WDI finishes a project and turns it over to the park, they are no longer responsible for it. That deparment is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep. The Show Quality Standards used to have more power than now and it is basically a punchlist or checklist. It is all about safety and hourly ridership counts.

Thanks for the added info, MythBuster. More than likely if it's based on hourly ride counts, we'll never see this thing move again. Unless you're saying that the more popular a ride is the more they are willing to fix it, which I don't think is the case. I'd stop riding it in protest but my one or two rides a year won't matter too much probably. Haha.

stitch2008

It kind of seems like they are trying to do some work. I mean why take the time to move it if you arent working on it. If you want to save money, why go to the effort to move it? Could this be some sort of way of fixing the yeti without shuting the ride down? Seeing as we dont really know whats offically wrong.

mastif

With all this talk about the yeti being fixed (which is obvious we all want done) has anyone heard any talk about disney actually wanting to fix it? I'm kind of afraid they might be thinking something like " no one really notices, or if we just keep it dark no one will really know, it's still a great ride"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom