Yeti indeed in new position on EE

Master Gracey 5

If they do anything substantial, they wouldn't start until after the busy spring break period. That said there have been no rumors anywhere that it will be down in May-June or the summer. I can't imagine they'd be able to do any serious work on this thing overnight alone.

ABigBrassBand

Well at least where I used to live in the US Spring Break just started, so maybe they are preparing for the repair after Spring Break ends. Really though, Disney has to start caring about DAK, nothing new has been there since Everest really 0_o, and that was 4 years ago or so.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Two scenarios won`t require the attraction to be closed during the work.

So far as I know neither are being executed at present.

IWant2GoNow

As far as I know, he isn't being actively repaired at the moment.
More like he's being "occasionally tinkered with".:rolleyes:

Hey Lee, can you tell me if there's any truth to this theory. One of my friends told me that another company was contracted by Disney to build the Yeti and either their contract was up with the company or that upkeep and maintenance wasn't part of the contract. My skepticism is high with this because I assumed that the Yeti was made by Disney's Imagineers, and if it wasn't, would assume once again that Disney would be smart enough to make sure they signed some agreement to fix it if it were to malfunction. But I know what I do when I assume... so... Haha. I thought I'd see if you could thwart or back up my friend's comment. Thanks!

Rob562

The sad thing is that a large majority of guests riding E:E don't even know he's there.

Yeah, both my sister and niece totally missed him when they rode for the first time last week. When I asked, they said "well, there was that projection..." Sister was blown away when I showed her the "making of..." construction video from YouTube that shows the Yeti in full motion from close-up.

StageFrenzy

Today i was riding the monorail from magic kingdom and some ladies were talking about Everest. I asked them if they saw the yeti and they said yes. They said he tore up the tracks and that was neat. i told them there was an anamatronic and they didn't notice.

IWant2GoNow

If anyone can get me an address I will be more than happy to write snail mail to whoever it is I need to write. It's so disheartening to hear that people aren't even able to notice the Yeti AA anymore. I know to some it doesn't matter because it's just a coaster in their eyes, but this was one of those rides that Disney themed very well from the jump and has totally neglected it since. Steve, if you have a contact or know who I can contact please let me know. Thanks. :wave:

KaliSplash

The sad thing is that a large majority of guests riding E:E don't even know he's there.

I had read all about the Yeti and the A mode and B mode for more than a year before we made it back down and were able to ride. I must confess, the first time I rode, I saw nothing, knowing only generally where to look.

The second time we road, after one of my sons had pointed out when to look, I saw some brown fur.

MUTZIE77

I think at this point they should cut their losses and create a new yeti keeping in mind the problems of the current one, making it lighter, reducing the stress on itself from its movements, whatever the problems are. In my mind it seems like this solution would come with the least down time, instead of closing down to try to repair the yeti inside the mountain.

Rob562

If anyone can get me an address I will be more than happy to write snail mail to whoever it is I need to write. It's so disheartening to hear that people aren't even able to notice the Yeti AA anymore. I know to some it doesn't matter because it's just a coaster in their eyes, but this was one of those rides that Disney themed very well from the jump and has totally neglected it since. Steve, if you have a contact or know who I can contact please let me know. Thanks. :wave:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
[/FONT]

LucyintheSky

Wow, it's so sad to see how it's *supposed* to look. And even sadder to hear the Imagineers talking about how sophisticated and awesome the Yeti is, and being so excited about it, considering what's happened to it now. :(

NewfieFan

I had read all about the Yeti and the A mode and B mode for more than a year before we made it back down and were able to ride. I must confess, the first time I rode, I saw nothing, knowing only generally where to look.

The second time we road, after one of my sons had pointed out when to look, I saw some brown fur.

I've only been on this ride twice and I've never seen the Yeti! The second time I was looking for it and still didn't see anything! (And yes, I had my eyes open even though I was screaming! :eek:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom