Yes Miss This is France 🇫🇷! June 18-July 1, 2023 (Disneyland Paris and other parts of France)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
:
Gene Kelly Musicals GIF by TIFF

Hope you get the movie reference. 😉

Great report! Do you speak any French?

I love the movie reference. I actually watched American In Paris on my way to France on the plane. I love Gene Kelly movies. As for speaking French, not really. I have done French on the Duolingo app for a couple of years so while I get the gist when reading things and sometimes listening (if it is slow enough) I am not really confident in speaking. Although I attempted a few times and I was able to communicate okay in those attempts but most people speak very fluent English. I think people appreciated an attempt.

I was buying beer in Normandy and the clerk didn't speak much English and we had a little conversation in my broken French, it was kind of fun. I took many years of Spanish in school and that actually helps with French since they are both Latin languages. My husband speaks no other language, A a little Spanish, and my sister took French in high school but didn't remember much,

Merci for all of the castle pics. I agree DLP has the most beautiful castle.

I'm glad you enjoyed the castle pictures.

I love all of the photos! I've never been to DLP so I'll really enjoy this TR.

It is an interesting park, hope you enjoy the rest of the report.

Great start to this TR! Loving the pics!

Thanks for being here, enjoy!

Moi aussi.

Glad to see you here.

Love the photos.Looks like you had a good trip.

Nice to see you here, it was a good trip.

Tres bien!

Following along!

Glad you are here.

Bonjour, @ajrwdwgirl ! (O.k., that's the extent of my French. :D )

Loving your TR so far -- your photos are outstanding. What a beautiful park!

Bonjour! Nice to have you reading along.

Wow! love the castle pictures!

Thanks for following, the castle pictures don't do it justice it is better in person.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday June 19

Phantom Manor is DLP’s Haunted Mansion and there are some similarities but the storyline is different and relates to Frontierland. Basical the story is the bride was going to get married (she had had many suitors that were all driven away) and the groom disappeared which might be because of her father who got rid of him and I guess her dad is the Phantom.

The stretching room portraits are different.
IMG_2414.jpeg

Sorry this is blurry (and I did get a better picture later) but one of my favorite parts of the Haunted Mansion are the dueling ghosts so I was surprised to see this painting in the gallery area before the Doombuggies, so I tried to snap a quick pic. You see how that turned out, but it is a cool nod to the original attraction.
IMG_2415.jpeg

Doombuggie loading area
IMG_2417.jpeg
IMG_2418.jpeg

Opps this was outside the house.
IMG_2410.jpeg

The view of Big Thunder, on its own island, from outside Phantom Manor is fantastic.
IMG_2412.jpeg

The doom buggy stopped at one point. There is a whole Frontierland (Thunder Mesa) scene in place of the the graveyard at the end of this ride. The mayor guy is actually saying some lines from the ghost host part at the end of HM, I think it was the "Ah there you are" line. And he takes off his head too. They still have the singing busts but that was earlier in the section.
IMG_2423.jpeg

Last time we were there, outside and to the left of Phantom Manor there was a graveyard area and a nice look at the geysers but that was closed for refurbishment. I liked the sign though.
IMG_2425.jpeg
IMG_2426.jpeg

The line for Big Thunder was long so we continued into Adventureland next. The girls in pink and in crocs in front of Brad are my sister and niece, so just a little proof that they were there with us.
IMG_2427.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

Our next stop was at the coaster Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril. Both Brad and I remembered this ride from our last trip and not in a good way. We love Indiana Jones and we really want to like this ride, it is well themed on the outside of the ride but during the ride not so much. And it is rough, like super rough. It goes upside down and it is a tight loop, think mouse coaster that goes upside down. Last time we gave it two tries and that was two too many.

Neither of us really wanted to go on it again but since it was A & T's first time we would suck it up and do it. Plus the line was short, like 10 minutes. It is usually a short line, for good reason...because it sucks. We got jostled it felt like my ears and head was being boxed and felt like we had been in a boxing battle and lost badly. But maybe A & T liked it....well we were walking out the exit and A told me she didn't like it at all and didn't need to do it again...ever. T had the same reaction. That was a bit of a relief, we wouldn't be doing that again ever. If any of you ever go to DLP take my advice, if you are an Indy fan go and look at the theming around the attraction but do not ride. If you aren't an Indy fan save yourself steps and forget it is even there, which it is easy to do since it is a little tucked away and at a dead end. While I say this I remember that every attraction is someone's favorite so maybe you like it or will like it (that is if you like being punched in the head).
IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg

So we explored Adventure Isle and the Swiss Family Robinson house while recovering. I have a soft spot for the Swiss Family Robinson movie and treehouse. This movie is the first my family every watched on our brand new VCR in 1980-something, it was a big deal to get that VCR back then. The views from the treehouse were nice too. Normally after exploring the treehouse and the Skull Rock area we would have gone on Pirates of the Caribbean, but guess what....that was closed for refurbishment. It would be opening July 1st, so close yet so far away....
IMG_2443.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg
IMG_2445.jpeg
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2449.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg

Inside one of the caves of Adventure Isle (DLP's Tom Sawyer Island without the rafts to get to it)
IMG_2452.jpeg
IMG_2453.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster

Kevin_W

It does seem to be the most beautiful. I would like to see the parks in Asia someday then I can have a true answer to that.

It was fun. If I didn't have the urge to see the Asian parks it would be easy to be planning another DLP trip.

Thanks!

We haven't been to Shanghai or Hong Kong, but even with Tokyo in the mix I think Parc Disney holds the title of prettiest castle park. Prettiest park overall? Maybe a tie with Disneysea, at least until the Fantasy Sea expansion opens.

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
What a fabulous report so far. We have been there a few times and your beautiful photos of the stained glass windows remind me of how wonderful they are. We went on the Indy ride when it went backwards and my eyes were knocking when I got off and I also had a few tears because I hated it. My sister said I would be ok on it so I never believe her anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom