Yes Miss This is France 🇫🇷! June 18-July 1, 2023 (Disneyland Paris and other parts of France)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m jealous that their World of Disney doesn’t look like a warehouse 😒

So cute! Reminds me of old school World of Disney!

At first I liked the new design of World of Disney at WDW and DL but I do miss all the big character stuff in the store. I really liked that the Disney store in France had a big Launchpad figure, I think he was my favorite part of Ducktales.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I liked this shirt but didn't like it at the same time. I didn't like how it said Disneyland Paris on the back instead of the front. I am not a big fan of shirts having most of its design on the back instead of the front. If I wear a shirt I want to be able to look down and see the design. In the end I didn't end up buying a Disneyland Paris shirt, but my sister made ones for us so we could all wear them together one day. She did a nice job on them so I decided that would be enough of a shirt souvenir.
THIS! It drives me nuts when they have designs on the BACK of a t-shirt. NO thanks. Like yourself, I only like designs on the FRONT.

(Happy to hear that your sister made some shirts for the both of you, so at least you had some nice ones to wear at Disneyland Paris.) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

After a good night's sleep we were rested and ready to go!

Here was the view from our room. The room had air conditioning and we could open the window too. The building in the view is part of the Newport hotel.
IMG_2612.jpeg

This is a window display from the shop in Sequoia.
IMG_2614.jpeg

A look at the lobby area of Sequoia
IMG_2615.jpeg

At the back exit of the main building there is a nice deck with seating, which would have been nice to relax and enjoy in the evening but we never had time to do that this trip.
IMG_2616.jpeg

And a look off of that back area towards the lake and the parks. It was a nice walk to the parks from the Sequoia.
IMG_2618.jpeg

A look at Brad and the hotel.
IMG_2619.jpeg

Another shot towards the lake.
IMG_2620.jpeg

In the Disney Village, next to the Earl of Sandwich, there was a fun 30th photo opportunity.
IMG_2637.jpeg

A look at Disney Village.
IMG_2644.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

It was time for breakfast. The breakfast options in the Village opened at 8am, the hotel offered a breakfast buffet but we didn't want to spend a ton of time on breakfast. We thought we might do it another day, spoiler alert we did not, and had it been included in our resort stay like the last time we went it would have been our breakfast spot. The main options were Starbucks, McDonalds, Earl of Sandwich and the Disney quick service place we got the pizza from. I really thought A would pick Starbucks, as she loves her Starb's but the rest of us picked the Disney quick service because most of us just wanted a croissant and that is mainly what that place offered. And we hadn't had a croissant in France yet.

So here is my chocolate croissant. I love chocolate but chocolate croissant have always been disappointing to me, like not enough chocolate but this trip I must have hit some decent ones because I was really vibing them this trip.
IMG_2645.jpeg

My coffee.
IMG_2646.jpeg

We made it to the entrance turnstiles and I liked the art work that was on the construction walls, so here is a sampling.
IMG_2648.jpeg
IMG_2650.jpeg

Once the park opened we saw Mickey greeting guest at the train station!
IMG_2654.jpeg

And look at the fun Main Street vehicle!
IMG_2655.jpeg

Yay for Mickey!
IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2663.jpeg

Ready to explore!
IMG_2667.jpeg

A look down Main Street! DLP has early entry for resort guests and it is an hour before regular opening. Last time we were here it seemed like hardly anyone used the early entry. I remember being at the gate before opening and there only being about 20 of us. There were certainly more people this time.
The traveling party was eager to get in some attractions early so I overcame my urge to go slowly down Main Street and take pictures. I should have given into my urge to take Main Street pictures. Because once we got down to the hub and castle my niece decided she wanted to take advantage for the near empty area for a photoshoot of her and castle areas with her mother as the photographer. So I should totally have lingered on Main Street.
IMG_2668.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

So I took a few shots of the castle but B and I mostly hovered near the entrance of Discoveryland to trying to hurry along the photoshoot keeping in mind paitence since it is her first visit and she loves her teenage Instagramming.
IMG_2670.jpeg
IMG_2671.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

Once we got into Discoverland we headed for Space Mt, it was supposed to be open during early entry. It wasn't. So we went on Buzz and the Astro Oribitor .
IMG_2679.jpeg

I like how Tony Baxter finally got his Hyperion ship in a Disney park, he designed a whole area for Disneyland but of course it wasn't built.
IMG_2680.jpeg
IMG_2683.jpeg

Hey look a 20,000 League sub, I guess there is a walk through, let's do that. Just kidding it is down for refurbishment. It was closed last time we were there too.
IMG_2686.jpeg
IMG_2687.jpeg
IMG_2688.jpeg
IMG_2689.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

After Astro, which was surprisingly fast and a little scary also difficult to get in and out of, Space Mountain was open. B and I had never done Space Mt here, it was closed for refurb on our last visit. So we were excited for it, B was excited that it is Star Wars themed, so technically it is Hyperspace Mt. This Space Mt has an awesome launch, the effects and the music were cool, and it does go upside down. I have a love/hate relationship with going upside down as it can give me headaches. It is a fun coaster and worth doing. However, as you may have noticed my husband is a bigger guy so the overhead restraint on this coaster was a little different from others. I think it was built a little smaller or something it was different than the Rock n Roller Coaster/Flight Force restraint which he had no problem with. It had to be latched super tight, he thought he had it pulled down as far it would go but no. The cast member had to come over and give two big pushes to get it latched securely. So I have a little fear that on upside down coasters the overhead restraint will not be locked, I know there are systems to check it but I secretly fear it anyway. And this did not help that fear at all, so during the whole ride I was worried that Brad was going to fall out, so I kept a hand next to him just to reassure myself he was still there. He did not fall out but he was very relieved when the ride was done and the restraint came up because it was pushing so hard he couldn't really breathe well. Despite that he enjoyed the theme and still wanted to do it again sometime. I still enjoy Disneyland's (in California) version of Space Mt and I will say that is the best then I would put this version next. MK's version....no thanks.
IMG_2694.jpeg

Ok, so three attractions plus a photoshoot done, time for Star Tours before the park opens to the public. Umm, nope, it wasn't open yet.
IMG_2695.jpeg

Okay, today was our premier pass day so we can do that later. Off to Fantasyland we go! Time for Dumbo!
IMG_2697.jpeg

A view of Fantasyland from Dumbo!
IMG_2701.jpeg
IMG_2699.jpeg
IMG_2705.jpeg
IMG_2703.jpeg

Then it was time for the teacups.
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg

A and I rode in a cup together. The teacups have a very pretty structure. Do they spin fast? No, no they don't. MK's teacups I can spin super fast but Disneyland and DLP's have a tight turning center, so after a couple attempts to get it to turn fast A and I both gave up and sat back and relaxed.
IMG_2720.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Great TR so far! I like the style of your hotel.

Glad that the overhead restraint finally locked in place (with the CM's assistance) for B on Space Mtn. (Like yourself, I'm not really a fan of those inversion coasters either.) I prefer the one at WDW, although that ride isn't exactly smooth anymore! ;)

By the way, I love the design on your black Disney 100 t-shirt. It coordinated nicely with your Chip and Dale ears! :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

After the teacups A decided she wanted to meet Mickey and the building that housed the meet and greet was nearby, opened at 10, and already had a line. The line didn’t look to daunting so we joined the line, it was only a couple minutes until 10. Well we soon entered the theater queue area and it was cool in there. The AC was on and Mickey shirt were being shown and we were just 2-3 switchbacks from the door this shouldn’t take too long. Well after about 20-25 minutes of standing in the same spot and only moving when people left the queue to exit we were wondering if this was a good use of time. We waited in the same spot with no movement for ten more minutes. I don’t know why the line wasn’t moving but it can’t take that long for people to meet Mickey. So we abandoned the line. We needed to start doing something and today was our premier pass day (a paid fast pass for many attractions in both DLP parks which is about 100 euros a person).

So we left the line and I think A felt bad for wasting so much time and she didn’t get her picture with Mickey. When we left the line the estimated wait on the sign was 90 minutes when we entered I think it had said 15. Anyway she was now in a little funk so we needed to ride something soon.

We used the pass for Peter Pan and soon we were flying over Neverland in our two row pirate ship. We all rode together!
IMG_2728.jpeg

Then we went to the area with the Storybook Boats and the Casey Jr train. Brad and I didn’t go here last time because Brad thought it sounded dumb and like little kids rides. I had been disappointed but we did other things. Since then Brad has become a huge Storybook Boat ride fanatic at Disneyland and I enjoy them too but personally I like the Casey Jr train. So I tease him a lot about dissing it at Disneyland Paris so these two were must dos at DLP.
IMG_2729.jpeg

We enjoyed them both. At DLP the boat is on a track and has some different scenes.
IMG_2732.jpeg
IMG_2735.jpeg
IMG_2737.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg
IMG_2743.jpeg
IMG_2744.jpeg
IMG_2747.jpeg

amjt660

alice in wonderland disney GIF

Plus the line was short, like 10 minutes. It is usually a short line, for good reason...because it sucks.
C'mon Amy - tell us how you really feel about this ride!!

Both Brad and I enjoyed the Canada scence. It made us think of some of our favourite Canadians! @amjt660 and @JenniferS
Thanks!!!

And I appreciate you spelling favourite with the u!!!

I still enjoy Disneyland's (in California) version of Space Mt and I will say that is the best then I would put this version next. MK's version....no thanks.
100% agree

Sorry I am late posting but I am now caught up and enjoying your DLP trip (and looking forward to seeing the Paris and Normandy pics as well)

I did not quote the messages but there is a lot of talk about which is the most beautiful park
DLP is it for castle parks - the castle on the hillside is amazing

But the combination of the Venice area and Mt Prometheus in Disney Sea is by far the most beautiful of the current 12 Disney theme parks.
(imho)

Max

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
alice in wonderland disney GIF

C'mon Amy - tell us how you really feel about this ride!!

Thanks!!!

And I appreciate you spelling favourite with the u!!!

100% agree

Sorry I am late posting but I am now caught up and enjoying your DLP trip (and looking forward to seeing the Paris and Normandy pics as well)

I did not quote the messages but there is a lot of talk about which is the most beautiful park
DLP is it for castle parks - the castle on the hillside is amazing

But the combination of the Venice area and Mt Prometheus in Disney Sea is by far the most beautiful of the current 12 Disney theme parks.
(imho)

Max

Glad you are here. I thought you would appreciate the extra vowel in favorite (favourite).

I still don’t know how Disney can operate that Indy ride, I’m sure someone has gotten a TBI from it.

I will have to take your work on the Disney Sea thing, hopefully I will get a chance to see it myself someday.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

After the Storybook Boats we went to the Casey Jr train. This was similar to Disneyland but it is more of a kiddie coaster than a train like it is at Disneyland, think more of a Barnstormer type set up. At DLP guests are assigned rows unlike Disneyland where you just go to the car you want if it is empty. We were assigned the caboose, which is great because I love the caboose in DL and being in the very last car facing backwards. Well that is what Brad and I got, we both fit in the same car at DL fine with some room to spare but it was a little tighter at DLP. It was funny though and the ride was fun. We were all surprised at the little thrill we got from it.
IMG_2749.jpeg

Yes he is quite the savage animal!
IMG_2751.jpeg

After Casey Jr. we started to head over to the Studios Park for our lunch reservation but we had time to meander.
IMG_2757.jpeg

And we caught the 30th anniversary character dance party/show they had in the hub. It was fun to watch. Brad and I did lose my sister and A in the crowd, apparently they didn't feel the need to stay close in the crowd but we found them later.
IMG_2772.jpeg
IMG_2769.jpeg
IMG_2785.jpeg
IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2796.jpeg
IMG_2800.jpeg
IMG_2805.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

As many of you know both Brad and I are big fans of the Dapper Dans. I tend to prefer the Disneyland Dans and Brad tends to prefer the MK Dans but in the end both are great. Sadly there is no Dapper Dan singing group here, but there is a Dapper Dan barbershop. So Brad became the Dapper "Dan", actually he was a little bummed that he didn't know about the barber shop. He said he would have waited to get his hair cut there.
IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

A wanted to look in the shops so we hung out and Town Square and waited.
IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

It was fun to check out the attraction posters under the train station.
IMG_2816.jpeg

Lunch today was at Bistrot Chez Remy at the Studios park. It was home to one of our best meals of the trip last time so we were hoping it would be tasty again this time.
IMG_2819.jpeg

In the lobby are all Remy's awards and memorabilia.
IMG_2820.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2824.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

The menu is prixe fixe and we all picked the Emilie one that gave us an appetizer, Main dish and dessert.
IMG_2825.jpeg

The last time we ate here we had been seated in an area that didn't have much exposure to the theming so we were happy to be in a more themed area of the restuarant.
IMG_2827.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg

Both my sister and I got a beer. She to a 1664 and I got a different one but of course I can't remember the name of it.
IMG_2832.jpeg

The appetizer choices weren't the best to choose from. I got the mixed green salad with poached egg, tomato confit (which was really good), and tons of radishes. I am not a huge radish fan so I figured I would just pick them off when the salad came which is what I did but wow there were a lot of radish on that salad. Brad got a duck and pistachio pate and he said it was just okay. A got the seasonal soup, I think it was pea soup but that could be wrong and my sister got the same salad as me.
IMG_2833.jpeg

We all to the steak with ratatouille and frittes. The steak was tasty but all of ours was a bit tough. We each got a different sauce so we could try different ones. I got the béarnaise, other sauces were brie, mustard & tarragon, and chef's. I liked the béarnaise and the mustard the best.
IMG_2834.jpeg

I got the chocolate mousse for the dessert, as did T & A. It was tasty.
IMG_2837.jpeg

B got the chocolate cake with creme anglaise. This was tasty too, it had a warm chocolate filling.
IMG_2838.jpeg

A look inside the restaurant.
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

After lunch we used our Premier pass for the attractions we wanted to do at the Studios.

First up was Ratatouille.
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2848.jpeg

Then we walked through the Tory Story land . No parachute drop for us and A wanted to do RC Racer but the line time was about 50 minutes and no Premier Pass offering for that so she agreed to wait for another day. We did a little Slinky Dog thing though because that was listed as a 10 minute wait and it was less than that.
IMG_2849.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2852.jpeg

Then us girls did Crush's Coaster with our Premier Pass, B sat out. He gets motion sick on things that spin and he can barely handle Guardians at Epcot so this one would have done him in for sure. We all enjoyed our spin through EAC. Since B hadn't used his premier pass for this ride, I decided to use it and ride again. If I was a nicer auntie I would have let A use it. Instead they went to meet up with B and ended up doing a photoshoot with Mr. Incredible with Brad.
IMG_2853.jpeg
IMG_2854.jpeg

After my ride on Crush, I met up with them and we dropped into the Tower of Terror. It is set up like the old one from California Adventure but there is a creepy little girl that is featured throughout the attraction. It doesn't seem to drop as much as the old California one or Hollywood Studios. I still enjoy it and the theming but I think I have fully converted to enjoyed Mission Breakout at DCA now.
IMG_2855.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

Our next stop was Avenger Campus and Webslingers. I took a few more pictures of the queue and preshow this time. And since we had the premier pass we all rode together in the car this time which was nice.
IMG_2864.jpeg
IMG_2863.jpeg
IMG_2866.jpeg
IMG_2868.jpeg
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg

Someone is punching the timeclock! Ha!
IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2873.jpeg

Brad ended up being the top scorer, I was second, then A, and in last place...my sister T. I was little peeved at B because he kept getting into my arm space which is probably why he won; see this is why we don't ride Buzz or Toy Story Mania together, we are just too competitive. But I was happy to beat my sister so I wasn't too upset that he beat me.
IMG_2874.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 20

Up next was Flight Force (aka restyled Rock n Roller Coaster) and we saw a little of one of the Avenger shows.
IMG_2875.jpeg

Hello Iron Man. No stalling or evacuation on the ride today.
IMG_2878.jpeg

We popped into quick service restaurant to see the Hulk thing on display and take a quick look around.
IMG_2880.jpeg
IMG_2882.jpeg

Flight Force did a number on me, sometimes I get headaches when I go upside down on coasters and after I got off the attraction I had a raging headache. Also Brad has arthritis in his knee and it was flaring really bad so we decided to go back the resort for a little rest. I think my sister wanted a rest too but A wanted to watch some Little Mermaid show and wasn't too happy about leaving the park (she got a little teenager about it) so T agreed to watch the little show with A and then they would head back to the resort too. I think the time change and being on the go right away was catching up to us, and I knew we probably wouldn't make it happily to the night time show if we didn't take a break.

At the resort we stopped into the gift shop quick. B had seen a 30th anniversary pin there and we hadn't seen it anywhere else. Turns out they only had one left which was all we really needed. We got a couple other little things and some cold beverages. Then we headed up to the room for about an hour rest. It was what we needed.
IMG_2884.jpeg

The bar was open and while I didn't want an adult beverage then I took a picture of the cocktails in hopes of stopping some other time and then I would know what I wanted right away. Spoiler, we never got to the bar.
IMG_2885.jpeg

Someone (ok both of us) were happy to take a nap.
IMG_2890.jpeg

I thought this shirt was interesting.
IMG_2883.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom