Yes Miss This is France 🇫🇷! June 18-July 1, 2023 (Disneyland Paris and other parts of France)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
What a fabulous report so far. We have been there a few times and your beautiful photos of the stained glass windows remind me of how wonderful they are. We went on the Indy ride when it went backwards and my eyes were knocking when I got off and I also had a few tears because I hated it. My sister said I would be ok on it so I never believe her anymore.

Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying the report so far. I can believe you might have had a few tears after the Indy coaster, I can't believe that hasn't been shut down yet with people claiming concussions. I bought the Art of Disneyland Paris book when I was there and I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I'm hoping they talk more about the stained glass in the book.

How did I miss this?? Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Hey there! I just started the report yesterday so you haven't missed much.

cjkeating

Our plan too. But waiting until 2027-ish. No point going so far if half of Tomorrowland next door is being rebuilt.
Only problem is I am sure they'll announce something else before Space Mountain is open... I waited for Fantasyland Expansion and then it was Fantasy Springs and now it is Space Mountain... if it is "just" Space Mountain meats Cosmic Rewind I think I am finally going to make the leap in 2025.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Only problem is I am sure they'll announce something else before Space Mountain is open... I waited for Fantasyland Expansion and then it was Fantasy Springs and now it is Space Mountain... if it is "just" Space Mountain meats Cosmic Rewind I think I am finally going to make the leap in 2025.
AFAIK there’s no other TDLR in-park capex projects in our timeframe.

We have HKDL this year. Our personal plan is to also do the other two this decade post 2024, Tokyo being the final one.

Thats the pipe dream anyway.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

We headed over to Fantasyland and it’s a small world didn’t seem to have a long wait, I think it was about 10 minutes max. I heard it had recently opened after a refurbishment so that was nice. I know all the small world rides are a little different and I really like the California one with the added Disney characters (and the Christmas overlay is by far superior to almost anything) but I think DLP's version might rival WDW's for 2nd place for me. The scenes just looked really vibrant and fresh, a little more modern with the classic design. Well done DLP!
IMG_2454.jpeg

We did spot Captain Jack Sparrow from the queue.
IMG_2455.jpeg
IMG_2456.jpeg
IMG_2458.jpeg
IMG_2460.jpeg
IMG_2462.jpeg
IMG_2463.jpeg
IMG_2464.jpeg
IMG_2465.jpeg

I love the hippo in the Africa scenes and I can never seem to catch him with eyes open in the US parks but caught him wide-eyed today!
IMG_2466.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

A few more of small world scenes.
IMG_2467.jpeg
IMG_2468.jpeg

The America/North America scenes were pretty neat.
IMG_2469.jpeg
IMG_2470.jpeg

Both Brad and I enjoyed the Canada scence. It made us think of some of our favourite Canadians! @amjt660 and @JenniferS
IMG_2471.jpeg
IMG_2473.jpeg
IMG_2474.jpeg
IMG_2475.jpeg

Then we did a little more shopping and I thought the Mickey plush was cute, however as a lady in my mid-40's I do not need plushies.
IMG_2476.jpeg

This shirt was cute and totally my Disney-style but I think it was a child's shirt either that or I didn't see my size.
IMG_2477.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmmm, I didn't know about the Tomorrowland thing. Maybe it would be better to wait. Then I could save up more money and maybe try to hit Shanghai, Hong Kong & Tokyo in one big trip.
They’re building a whole new Space Mountain and removing the original (like you do) so we’re minded to use that as the reason to wait. It would after all likely be a once in a lifetime trip.

But anyway. Back to your DLP trip!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

Since the trip was for my niece's present I decided to buy the photopass for the time we were there, even though I had read that it wasn't a very good deal and not many opportunities are around the park as the US parks. But I figured she would like the ride pictures at least and since my sister would be using it too to download pictures I figured she could pay half the price, which she did. So it was 75 euros and I think even if we hadn't shared the cost of that with my sister for big trip maybe it was worth it. Anyway, any time we spied a photopass opportunity we jumped on it and here was our first opportunity. I forgot to include this in my section on Frontierland earlier.
DisneylandParis-id35716652.jpeg

Anyway, after shopping we headed out of the park. We were headed over to Walt Disney Studios for dinner. We took the scenic route past the castle and through one of the arcades on the side of Main Street. These arcades are genius! They are so well themed to with artifacts to the era, work well to move crowds, still provide access to the shops, and are wonderful to use in the rain. WDW should find a way to add these to Main Street.
IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg
IMG_2492.jpeg
IMG_2493.jpeg

Alright heading into Walt Disney Studios. I love that they still have the Earful Tower here.
IMG_2494.jpeg
IMG_2496.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg

The entrance in the park has this nice courtyard out front with the above fountain and then because it is a "studio" you enter through a soundstage with some shops and quickservice food options. I'll post a picture of the inside later. It is odd and oddly fitting to the park all at the same time. I guess the entrance is going to be changed sometime in the future and that is sad and exciting all at the same time. I'm glad A & T (and B & I again) got to see this entrance because it is unique. Anyway, the partners statue is located here after leaving the soundstage. I like the placement and makes it different from other park placements, it reminds me of seeing it at the actual Disney Studios in Burbank.
IMG_2507.jpeg

And off we go to Avenger Campus. This just opened (last year?) so it was new to Brad and I as well. All four of us have been to the Avenger Campus in California so it was fun to see a different style.
IMG_2510.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

It started to rain when we were in Avengers Campus but just lightly and we were about to escape into the store nearby when music started and their Avenger's Assemble show started. That was exciting and a fun unplanned thing to watch. I enjoyed that Loki was included. He is my favorite Marvel character (favorite Avenger). It was nice to see so many characters involved in the show and that they came out in the misty rain.

After the little show we ducked into the store and checked out the merch. Brad bought be a coffee mug and I spotted some cute Groot merch that I just took pictures of. Groot is my second favorite Marvel character.
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2525.jpeg
IMG_2526.jpeg
IMG_2529.jpeg
IMG_2531.jpeg
IMG_2534.jpeg
IMG_2533.jpeg
IMG_2519.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally joining in. Thanks for all the pictures!! We had tentatively scheduled a family trip for next Easter, but now might be holding off until either later in the summer (just to have more time) or even until 2025 (to wait for Arendelle to be open).
Thanks for joining. I remember you mentioned awhile ago about planing a DLP trip. Hope this helps with future planning.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

Time for dinner. I had read that Pym Kitchen was a good restaurant in DLP and a blogger we watch from time to time had eaten there and he said it was so good he ate there twice on his trip. Brad and I were still skeptical, in our past experience DLP food is not good. But Pym Kitchen was great! It is a buffet and has a good variety of foods, and like any buffet there are a few misses but overall pretty fantastic.
IMG_2542.jpeg

I also had my first beer in France of the trip. It was a Kronenbourg 1664. Finally a beer @coachwnh !
IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2538.jpeg

There was a big Oreo cake that I was excited to try and it was good, but the chocolate mousse thing on my plate next to it was fantastic. It was a chocolate mousse type cake that actually looked pretty before I dropped it onto my plate.
IMG_2539.jpeg
IMG_2541.jpeg
IMG_2546.jpeg

Next up was Webslingers. We used the single rider line since all of us had ridden it before and just wanted to get on quickly. My niece (like many my female students) seem to be in love with Tom Holland, so she was excited for it.
IMG_2549.jpeg

Amongst the strangers (at least strangers to me) in my vehicle I was the top scorer.
IMG_2551.jpeg

Then we went over to Flight Force, which used to be Rock n Roller Coaster. B and I don't go on Rock n Roller Coaster much in Hollywood Studios. Going upside down sometimes gives me headaches and he just isn't thrilled with it. When we rode Rock n Roller Coaster in DLP before there wasn't any onboard ride audio, I think it was just broke in our car so we only rode that once. Anyway, since it had the Marvel theme and we were with A we rode it. I found this version of it more fun than Rock n Roller Coaster, maybe because it wasn't as lit up by sets inside so it seemed more of an adventure. The Iron Man in the queue area was pretty cool too. The ride did break down while we were on it, but right at the end. So we didn't get our ride picture and we had our first evac on a DLP attraction. Our exit took us backstage but there wasn't really anything of interest back there.
IMG_2553.jpeg
IMG_2557.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

A look at Avenger campus
IMG_2560.jpeg

Oh here is the flight force ride vehicle after we were evacuated from it. It was interesting to look at the track of the ride as we left. I didn't take any pictures of the track, I think my sister did though.
IMG_2559.jpeg

Another look at Avengers Campus. I'm use to seeing a Photopass photographer set up in front of this sign in California but we did our own photo shoot.
IMG_2566.jpeg
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2561.jpeg

And we were getting kind of tired from the traveling and touring so we headed out of Walt Disney Studios. Here is a look inside the soundstage area at the entrance of the park.
IMG_2568.jpeg
IMG_2569.jpeg

The gates of the "studio"
IMG_2573.jpeg
IMG_2577.jpeg

Behind me is the soundstage that you walk through to access the rest of the park.
IMG_2576.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

We considered going back over to the main Disneyland park but we were starting to fizzle out of energy. So we decided to do our main shopping as we headed back to the hotel.

First stop was the World of Disney Store
IMG_2580.jpeg

I think this was the exit area to the parking lot, I thought the sign was cool but didn't venture beyond it.
IMG_2581.jpeg

I thought about getting this for my youngest dog, Baxter, but I thought it might be too big. He is a toy schnauzer. I do regret not getting it for him now. As I am looking at him I like it might be the right size.
IMG_2572.jpeg

I liked this shirt but didn't like it at the same time. I didn't like how it said Disneyland Paris on the back instead of the front. I am not a big fan of shirts having most of its design on the back instead of the front. If I wear a shirt I want to be able to look down and see the design. In the end I didn't end up buying a Disneyland Paris shirt, but my sister made ones for us so we could all wear them together one day. She did a nice job on them so I decided that would be enough of a shirt souvenir.
IMG_2586.jpeg

The store inside has a nice design. And if you've read my trip reports in the past you know that I tend to take a decent amount of merchandise pictures so I can remember the stuff I think is neat and not have to buy it all (although I buy plenty).
IMG_2585.jpeg

I bought the Mickey glass in this picture and the white tumbler thing on the other side of the placemats. I seriously thought about the separated space plate just because I liked the design but I am satisfied with just having a picture of it.
IMG_2584.jpeg

I liked these Mickey and Minnie 30th figures, but not enough to buy them.
IMG_2582.jpeg

I really liked this. It was in my basket, then out of my basket, in my basket, and then out of my basket. I wish I had kept it in my basket. :(
IMG_2589.jpeg

These were children's pajamas but I thought the designs were cute.
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2588.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

A few more pictures of the inside the World of Disney and some merchandise.
IMG_2592.jpeg
IMG_2590.jpeg

Cute shirts
IMG_2593.jpeg
IMG_2594.jpeg

Some of the outside windows of the World of Disney

IMG_2595.jpeg
IMG_2597.jpeg

Then there was a Disney Store that had toys and such.
IMG_2598.jpeg
IMG_2599.jpeg
IMG_2600.jpeg

There was also an Art of Disney type store. I was tempted by this but didn't get it. I did end up with a print of the castle that was like this. I also ended up purchasing the Art of Disney book and a couple attraction specific books. I love my books!
IMG_2601.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
June 19

And we finally got into our room and settled after the traveling and touring we had done. The Sequoia room looked as I remembered it. And it was clean and in decent shape, the only thing was the lack of plug ins. But I knew about that before so we were prepared. Our Sequoia room was in the main building and was billed as lakeside but that is just referring to the building not the view. We had a view of trees and part of the Newport resort. So here's a look at rooms. I know some of you (maybe @Nunu ) are more into rooms than others.
IMG_2604.jpeg

We didn't use the robes but I've been using the slippers at home.
IMG_2605.jpeg
IMG_2606.jpeg
IMG_2607.jpeg

The beds were double beds and very firm. I love a good firm mattress so I was pleased. The rest of my traveling part not so much. Oh and we had two rooms. B and I in one and T & A in another. I do like the Bambi theme.
IMG_2603.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom