Y'all should ...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I find it odd that Cameron would be pushing for a clone of another attraction given his penchant for creating new and exciting technology. It is even stranger that Disney wouldn't be all, "OMG A CLONE!! WHOOHOOOO!!! WE SAVE MONEY THAT WAY!" Since when has TDO been averse to building clones? I'm so confused by this rumor.

Because it did not say Cameron wants more than DIS is offering? Lol.

MickeyPeace

Currently working with WDI on a little overseas something, I believe...

Well.....ok.

Here is an Avatar tidbit from the vacationing Spirit...
The project is technically still active, but is still moving at a snail's pace due to...well, you know.
The bone of contention seems to be the budget. Disney is trying to get it down, but an attraction that JC wants to include would put it over Disney's line in the sand (so to speak).
I'm not gonna go into detail on the ride at the moment, but it appears it would actually be a clone of a ride going in elsewhere, only with a very dense Avatar theme.

That hold y'all for a bit?

Ok this is the kind of post we want. When will Disney learn that they will get the pay off when they spend the money? Isn't that what happened with Carsland? Didnt John Lasseter threaten to walk if they didn't give him the money he wanted for his vision?
Good for JC if he walks if he doesn't get what he wants.
As for a ride being a clone of another going in elsewhere, I'm guessing that is still Disney right? Maybe Shanghai. I hope JC gives TDO hell.

Lee

Adventurer
A clone doesn't mean it's carbon copy.. afterall, Dinosaur is a bastardized version of Indy.
Exactly.
The Avatar version would be substantially more expensive to theme, thus the budget issues. I'm still hearing Dusney set $500mil as a hard ceiling, and are now pushing to cut $100m off that. That could determine whether that ride happens...or if the project moves ahead at all.

To answer a question above, there will be 2 or 3 attractions in Pandora. Plus food and merch, of course.

MickeyPeace

Crap. I guess I didn't win the "Spirited DLR Vacation Giveaway". :oops:

I had a close friend visit DLR recently for the marathon & the pictures they brought back amazed me. I need to get out there soon. I'm sure it's as great as everyone says it is, but I'm still against bringing it directly over to DHS. I know others, as well as myself, have stated this over & over but it's insanely true; give WDW original attractions! This will draw everyone back to WDW. Isn't that what you want, TDO? An amazing attraction to lure even the DLR loyals over to Florida? That way you can coax them into the lack-luster offerings that you've been trying to pass off as new experiences & must-do's over the last few years also? (New eateries, "new" old parades, etc.)

You'll get your mass amounts of attendance when you earn it. Meanwhile, I find it a little sad that I've been using WDWMagic to see updates on UNI's Potter 2.0 & Transformers progress more than searching around the News & Rumors forum for scraps of info praying for better days in the future. Stop putzing around & put these words to use as quickly as possible... Dream, Imagine, Create. And by "putting to use" I don't mean in another lame annual promotional catch phrase.

Sorry this is way too logical for TDO.

Alektronic

A clone doesn't mean it's carbon copy.. afterall, Dinosaur is a bastardized version of Indy.

A clone means it is an identical copy like Soarin', TSMM, LM, Bug's Life, etc. Dinosaur and Indy use the same ride system but the show is totally different, even TT uses the same ride system.

choco choco

Good to hear Indy isn't going to be cloned, what we are hearing is being proposed for DHS is already sad enough as it is.

Why even build the cloned Car Land, why not just start an Adventures by Disney package for the DLR and save yourself $680 million in the process.

TikiTorch

Exactly.
The Avatar version would be substantially more expensive to theme, thus the budget issues. I'm still hearing Dusney set $500mil as a hard ceiling, and are now pushing to cut $100m off that. That could determine whether that ride happens...or if the project moves ahead at all.

To answer a question above, there will be 2 or 3 attractions in Pandora. Plus food and merch, of course.
Thank you so much for the update. These kinds of details are what so many of us simple fans love to hear about.

Lee

Adventurer
A clone means it is an identical copy like Soarin', TSMM, LM, Bug's Life, etc. Dinosaur and Indy use the same ride system but the show is totally different, even TT uses the same ride system.
I should clarify...
It would be a "clone" of the ride system, not a "direct lift" of the whole attraction.

baymenxpac

Exactly.

thanks for the info, lee!

you have to love WDW. somehow, they keep finding new ways to jack up an AP price, but they can't find a way to invest this $100 million to make sure they build something groundbreaking and immersive, no less avoid a huge PR disaster.

without knowing more nuance than what we get here, it seems pretty shameful.

Beholder

Thanks for the info, Lee. Was never over excited about Avatar, but a $500 million limit, well I'm excited about that. If it gets done with that budget, then perhaps this can be a step in the right direction. Looking foreword to more info.

Piebald

i appreciate disney for allowing me to stay at disney using my DVC while i go visit Transformers and Potter

Do i sound a tad bitter?
I just rode Potter for the first time this past weekend and it was great. Awesome queue, great ride and the mini land was nice.

That being said, what ride system is the Tron ride supposed to be ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom