Y'all should ...

HenryMystic

I just rode Potter for the first time this past weekend and it was great. Awesome queue, great ride and the mini land was nice.

That being said, what ride system is the Tron ride supposed to be ?
Bicycle coaster. Basically riding a lightcycle. Could easily apply to the dragon-thingys in Avatar.

ctxak98

I think some people are way to harsh on the ride Dinosaur(one of my favorite rides). No its not the same as Indy but its not supposed to be. If there were dinosaurs in indy then I would be kinda worried and confused.

On another note. I think disney should just give in to the avatarland cameron wants. I think his way willl bring in tourists from all over and turn out spectacular.

SirLink

Currently working with WDI on a little overseas something, I believe...

Well.....ok.

Here is an Avatar tidbit from the vacationing Spirit...
The project is technically still active, but is still moving at a snail's pace due to...well, you know.
The bone of contention seems to be the budget. Disney is trying to get it down, but an attraction that JC wants to include would put it over Disney's line in the sand (so to speak).
I'm not gonna go into detail on the ride at the moment, but it appears it would actually be a clone of a ride going in elsewhere, only with a very dense Avatar theme.

That hold y'all for a bit?

Hmmm so Pony Express but lets say Dire Horse Express.

PurpleRose

I think some people are way to harsh on the ride Dinosaur(one of my favorite rides). No its not the same as Indy but its not supposed to be. If there were dinosaurs in indy then I would be kinda worried and confused.

I can only speak for my critizisim of the Dinosaur ride but I'm critical due to the many broken effects. If it all worked, I would love it. But the last two ride photos had me looking at the camera giving a "Seriously?" face. I won't ride it again until it's fixed.

Alektronic

Exactly.
The Avatar version would be substantially more expensive to theme, thus the budget issues. I'm still hearing Dusney set $500mil as a hard ceiling, and are now pushing to cut $100m off that. That could determine whether that ride happens...or if the project moves ahead at all.

To answer a question above, there will be 2 or 3 attractions in Pandora. Plus food and merch, of course.

I heard there is 2 attractions being planned.

ctxak98

I can only speak for my critizisim of the Dinosaur ride but I'm critical due to the many broken effects. If it all worked, I would love it. But the last two ride photos had me looking at the camera giving a "Seriously?" face. I won't ride it again until it's fixed.

I guess I can understand where your coming from on effects being broken. I too am dissapointed in all the missing elements that made it such an immersive attraction. I really still only like it for some of the dinosaurs. But the ride could use some fixing.

Magenta Panther

Currently working with WDI on a little overseas something, I believe...

Well.....ok.

Here is an Avatar tidbit from the vacationing Spirit...
The project is technically still active, but is still moving at a snail's pace due to...well, you know.

Well, here's hoping that the budget talks fall through, Cameron stamps away in a huff and the money the suits were going to waste on Avatar will be directed towards something the majority of the public can get excited about. :)

bubbles1812

I am sure if a newbie came in and said.."Indy is never coming to DHS. Oh and I have some Avatar news I will tell ya'll about at a later unspecified date" they would get creamed and maybe banned

Why would they get banned? Creamed...maybe...probably...we can be harsh around here ;) But anyways, the thing is 74' isn't a "newbie". People know him, know his style, so the scenario you said above is a kind of irrelevant. Whether people like him or not, people know he will come back and share whatever he has eventually. That being said, I wish he had just shared right away and am glad that Lee shared what he had so we didn't have to wait til that later unspecified date.

rioriz

Why would they get banned? Creamed...maybe...probably...we can be harsh around here ;) But anyways, the thing is 74' isn't a "newbie". People know him, know his style, so the scenario you said above is a kind of irrelevant. Whether people like him or not, people know he will come back and share whatever he has eventually. That being said, I wish he had just shared right away and am glad that Lee shared what he had so we didn't have to wait til that later unspecified date.

Well I was exaggerating a bit...I am not overly bothered by 74 himself as I am sure he is a delightful person. He can provide some great insight that none of us have access to. I think what grates on people is the bombasitic posting style. What you said above is how many of his threads are and it causes unnecessary drubbing that clogs up the threads. People then miss all the relevent content he gives in between.

The posting I believe he made about the DHS future was a lovely exception where the facts came right away and you see how well recieved that was. I guess its akin to childhood games where someone says "I know something you don't know...and i really want to tell you...but you have to wait...or guess". It's annoying;)

Thanks Lee for offering some good content for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom