Y'all should ...

TP2000

I'm a big fan of the World when you add up the resorts, restaurants, and parks; but honestly, if I had to rank the Disney parks in the US right now, I would rank them in the following order: DL, DCA, MK, EP, AK, and HS (oh sorry, TPfkaMGM's or some crap like that). Was just at Disneyland in August and both parks blew me away. yeah, that's right I would rank DCA above MK, might be different once the Enchanted Forest is complete (Enchanted Forest...Sounds like a forest in New Mexico)

I was just on Expedia tonight piecing together a WDW trip for early November. And I quickly came to the conclusion I really only needed to have a day each at MK and Epcot and a third day to hop between those two. Spending time at DAK and MGM just didn't make the cut when I was playing the Expedia trip-planning game. (DAK is lovely to stroll through for an hour or so, but I'm not really an animal lover and the attraction lineup is very weak, so it's just meh for me).

I was a HUGE critic of DCA for many years, but I would mostly agree with your assesment on the rankings of the American parks. For me, they currently stand as;
1. Disneyland
2. Disney California Adventure
3. Epcot
4. Magic Kingdom Park
5. DAK
6. MGM

Funny how things like that can change. And in the case of DCA, change so quickly over the course of about two years. :eek:

TP2000

I'd rather have Indy than Radiator Springs racers, but if I could have both, I'll take them! Indy is my favorite Disney ride. The only ones that come close to it for me are DHS Tower of Terror, MK's Haunted Mansion, and DL's Pirates.

I agree, Indy is a great ride. But have you been on Racers yet? It's truly fantastic. I think it edged Indy out of the top 3 for me in Anaheim. However, Indiana Jones in Disneyland is now closed for a three and a half month rehab, and there's rumors it's getting some new eye candy and tech upgrades, so when it reopens it may be neck and neck with Racers.

But Radiator Springs Racers is just so impressive, from the soaring mountains to the talking cars to the race through the desert. Racers is modern Disney showmanship at its very best. And most expensive. :cool:

TP2000

Damn it. Was so looking forward to a 4th gen EMV. It seemed so promising just a month ago.

Well.... isn't that interesting. :D

If I can piece these types of info bits together, it would seem WDI and TDO can't quite figure out what is going into DHS-MGM yet.

Is it Cars Land? Or Indy? Or Pixarland? Or all of those things plus a World of Color, perhaps?

MattC

Well.... isn't that interesting. :D

If I can piece these types of info bits together, it would seem WDI and TDO can't quite figure out what is going into DHS-MGM yet.

Is it Cars Land? Or Indy? Or Pixarland? Or all of those things plus a World of Color, perhaps?

Hahaha, spoiled for choice.

culturenthrills

It is disappointing about Indy again. While we are stuck with a half assed Dinosaur ride that pales in comparison to Indy. I am worried that TDO will think they can just dump Carsland in DHS and that will fix the park. It won't but they are too short sighted to see that.

RSoxNo1

I was just on Expedia tonight piecing together a WDW trip for early November. And I quickly came to the conclusion I really only needed to have a day each at MK and Epcot and a third day to hop between those two. Spending time at DAK and MGM just didn't make the cut when I was playing the Expedia trip-planning game. (DAK is lovely to stroll through for an hour or so, but I'm not really an animal lover and the attraction lineup is very weak, so it's just meh for me).

I was a HUGE critic of DCA for many years, but I would mostly agree with your assesment on the rankings of the American parks. For me, they currently stand as;
1. Disneyland
2. Disney California Adventure
3. Epcot
4. Magic Kingdom Park
5. DAK
6. MGM

Funny how things like that can change. And in the case of DCA, change so quickly over the course of about two years. :eek:
you know it's not 1996 and you're not visiting EPCOT Center, right?

I understand that people are indifferent towards the Animal Kingdom attraction lineup, but in terms of cohesive theming it's the best park in Florida. If Epcot was divided between Future World and World Showcase you could make a strong argument comparing World Showcase (and it's lack of offerings/great theming) with Animal Kingdom. Having said that, I don't think the entirety of World Showcase+what's left of Future World is as strong as the Animal Kingdom right now.

Lee

Adventurer
Uhhh ... the guy who has worked at WDI and Uni Creative on Potter?? ... yeah...
Currently working with WDI on a little overseas something, I believe...
For me personally, I still just want the avatar info... ;)
Well.....ok.

Here is an Avatar tidbit from the vacationing Spirit...
The project is technically still active, but is still moving at a snail's pace due to...well, you know.
The bone of contention seems to be the budget. Disney is trying to get it down, but an attraction that JC wants to include would put it over Disney's line in the sand (so to speak).
I'm not gonna go into detail on the ride at the moment, but it appears it would actually be a clone of a ride going in elsewhere, only with a very dense Avatar theme.

That hold y'all for a bit?

IWant2GoNow

Crap. I guess I didn't win the "Spirited DLR Vacation Giveaway". :oops:

I had a close friend visit DLR recently for the marathon & the pictures they brought back amazed me. I need to get out there soon. I'm sure it's as great as everyone says it is, but I'm still against bringing it directly over to DHS. I know others, as well as myself, have stated this over & over but it's insanely true; give WDW original attractions! This will draw everyone back to WDW. Isn't that what you want, TDO? An amazing attraction to lure even the DLR loyals over to Florida? That way you can coax them into the lack-luster offerings that you've been trying to pass off as new experiences & must-do's over the last few years also? (New eateries, "new" old parades, etc.)

You'll get your mass amounts of attendance when you earn it. Meanwhile, I find it a little sad that I've been using WDWMagic to see updates on UNI's Potter 2.0 & Transformers progress more than searching around the News & Rumors forum for scraps of info praying for better days in the future. Stop putzing around & put these words to use as quickly as possible... Dream, Imagine, Create. And by "putting to use" I don't mean in another lame annual promotional catch phrase.

DougK

Well.....ok.

The project is technically still active, but is still moving at a snail's pace due to...well, you know.
The bone of contention seems to be the budget. Disney is trying to get it down, but an attraction that JC wants to include would put it over Disney's line in the sand (so to speak).
I'm not gonna go into detail on the ride at the moment, but it appears it would actually be a clone of a ride going in elsewhere, only with a very dense Avatar theme.

Thank you for the info Lee. And Spirit of course!

Ignohippo

Well.....ok.

Good Gawd. i undertand (it isn't my money we're playing with here), but they needs a winner with this one. If the ride is going elsewhere, the budget can't be that unreasonable. For heaven's sakes TDO loosen the damned wallet already!

If you're driving down that road, you might as well enjoy the ride. Don't spend $500 mil on Avatar and then cut corners to save another $50 mil. If they aren't going to go all out, they shouldn't do it at all.

Ignohippo

... really, really hope that Carsland is coming to WDW (still working on that constantly changing situation), but it REALLY is as great as you've heard as is Buena Vista Street.

DCA is not only a quality Disney park, it is easiest one of the three best in the USA ... (oh, you know MK isn't to be assumed there, right?) RSRs is easily the best E-Ticket to come to Anaheim since Dr. Jones arrived in 1995 and better than ANYTHING that has come to WDW in the 21st century. Everything ... all the details ... from merchandise to costumes to entertainment to food and beverage (OK, don't ask ... blank napkins and three kinds of cups, plain Coke, old Disney Parks, new Halloween all being used at the same time) is top notch. I can't begin to explain just how good the product is vs what you've come to expect both at DCA and in WDW.

I did clear up one rumor regarding WDW pretty clearly that has popped up of late (and dates back to the late 90s). No, Indy is absolutely not coming to TPFKaTD-MGMS.

Also, have heard yet again that DL ENT does NOT want the MSEP Parade back, but Georgie K still thinks he can fool the same folks by bringing it back and it could return if he has his way.

Oh, got some Avatar info too. But I am so busy being wined and dined and working some and playing lots (and meeting some GREAT SoCal MAGICal folks) that that will just have to wait.:D ... it's time for Spirits of a different kind. No, I am not paying for my booze, just like I didn't pay for my DL admission.

Great to hear you're having a good time and thanks for the info Spirit!

So was Indy on the table to replace the stunt show or was it in addition to? Knowing TDO's cheapness, I'm guessing they don't want to keep incurring the expenses of the stunt show and the ride would have replaced it.

bubbles1812

Well.....ok.

Moving at a snail's pace...that shocks me! ...not. I'd be surprised if it weren't moving at a snails pace as that unfortunately seems to be their style nowadays. They are epically low..see the mine train for further details ;)

Can I ask what is the budget they are trying to hold it to? I've seen several sources that say the original budget at least was 500,000 but I was never under any delusion that that would ever actually happen. Unless JC managed to hold them to that budget? I honestly hope JC holds out on whateber this ride is! I know the man is difficult to work with at times but as I've already stated elsewhere, I think Disney needs to do this project "big" if they want it to stay relevant for the long term. The story itself was not that strong but the world created was. They need to make the world as big as possible because the characters certainly weren't/aren't the draw. Just we're pretty generic. Is it TDO that is trying to get the budget down or is it the head honchos in California?

Curious to know what the ride is but I understand if cant say. A ride that is a clone of something going in elsewhere...hmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

Mawg

Well.....ok.

Can you tell us how many attractions the new land might have? Just one E ticket? An E ticket and two C tickets? No E ticket at all but maybe a D and C? An E ticket, some walk through B ticket and a restaurant serving blue steaks from a 6 legged dog?

Also seems odd that the ride maybe a clone and thus less development cost yet it’s still too much to spend, how cheap does Disney want to go? JC is putting up some money too. Sounds like they should take advantage of it while they can.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Dunno what his problem is but CBF has been here for a while and I've rarely if ever seen him post anything that wasn't a direct attack on people who dare to voice ANY disagreement with the current Disney company. One REALLY wonders why he takes it so incredibly personally.

And that's why we have the ignore feature.. people really need to use it. It works so much better on the new forum and will free your mind from such useless derails.

AndyMagic

I find it odd that Cameron would be pushing for a clone of another attraction given his penchant for creating new and exciting technology. It is even stranger that Disney wouldn't be all, "OMG A CLONE!! WHOOHOOOO!!! WE SAVE MONEY THAT WAY!" Since when has TDO been averse to building clones? I'm so confused by this rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom