would EPCOT ever add a new pavillion?

MythBuster

Wait, you mean EPCOT Computer Central? (Where all the controls and systems are for the park, right?)

Yes, and still some of the documentation and audio controls were labeled before the park opened and they never changed them so a lot of them are being used but for other functions.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, and still some of the documentation and audio controls were labeled before the park opened and they never changed them so a lot of them are being used but for other functions.

That's awesome.

So...I'm thinking that there are still "Horizons" computers and controls working for M:S?

MythBuster

That's awesome.

So...I'm thinking that there are still "Horizons" computers and controls working for M:S?

Not for the ride control it is a completely different system, but for area development, bgm, audio control is basically the same system. But there is old control cabinets in storage for Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, etc. Many pavilions still use the same old technology so they are ready spares.

EPCOT Explorer

Not for the ride control it is a completely different system, but for area development, bgm, audio control is basically the same system. But there is old control cabinets in storage for Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, etc. Many pavilions still use the same old technology so they are ready spares.

....the parade zone controls for lighting and PA around Norway are still labled Denmark...

Aww. :eek:

Highly interesting guys, thanks. :D

The Empress Lilly

Wow! I learn something new every day.

So once I get around to building myself a Horizons, all I need is to sneak in after dark and nick some plug-and-play control systems and I'm set! :sohappy:

castlecake2.0

That was the 1975 Showcase project - next to the TTC (not in Seven Seas) - vastly different than what was built.

As of now there is space, as we discuss every few months, but with no one to pay for a new pavilion it won`t happen anytime soon. The existing ones will continue to be plussed.

Marni, have you heard anything about Canada? I know last year we had guests visiting from the Canadian Tourism Commission visiting. Probably means nothing. I also heard that the Wood Cart (merch cart) was getting the boot. I just wish they would do something with the L'hotel du Canada, so nice inside and it jst sits empty...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Marni, have you heard anything about Canada? I know last year we had guests visiting from the Canadian Tourism Commission visiting. Probably means nothing. I also heard that the Wood Cart (merch cart) was getting the boot. I just wish they would do something with the L'hotel du Canada, so nice inside and it jst sits empty...[/QUOTE]

I agree. Even some sort of QS restaurant or a "boutique" shop would be preferable to just leaving that place vacant......

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
It looks as though there is enough room for 6 to 7 new countries in World Showcase. The first parcel is between Mexico and Norway. The area where the Outpost currently exists could actually fit two countries if need be. The next parcel is between Germany and Italy. There is room for expansion between Japan and Morocco, and between Morocco and France, and finally the area where the World Showplace currently resides (between Great Britain and Canada). There are also spaces on each side of the American Adventure, although the sites have less frontage and they appear very tight, but if WS were to fill the other spots, these spaces might be considered. One more expansion area could be the area between Great Britain and the International Gateway. So if you add these "other" possible sites, you could potentially add 9 or 10 new countries. While the popular choices for additional countries include Russia, Spain, and Austrailia, I would think that a South American country would make a good choice. I would assume that Disney is looking at expanding their empire south of the equator, and since Rio just beat out Chicago for the 2016 Summer Olympics, Brazil might want to open their wallets and start pushing what they have to offer at World Showcase.
But until someone decides to pony up some cash for additional stamps in our World Showcase passports, I'd be happy to see some attraction plussing at the current countries. I still love the idea of a Rhine River Cruise for Germany and we'd take ANYTHING for Japan. Just two new attractions would add so much to the current lineup.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Dug this one out again:
attachment.php

aladdin2007

Dug this one out again:
attachment.php

Thats fantastic, thanks. So essentially 7 more main pavilions. Kinda sad though one is nowhere near coming. I wish Disney would change how they handle new pavilions. Not saying there shouldnt be sponsoring and funding at all its just too much. I think 55 million was the quoted price? I could have sworn I read that somewhere awhile back. I mean no wonder!

wolf359

But until someone decides to pony up some cash for additional stamps in our World Showcase passports, I'd be happy to see some attraction plussing at the current countries. I still love the idea of a Rhine River Cruise for Germany and we'd take ANYTHING for Japan. Just two new attractions would add so much to the current lineup.

I feel much the same way. I'd rather see the pavilions we already have expanded to provide a greater, more in-depth experience because I'm afraid if we got new countries they'd be small "B ticket" pavilions like Italy.

aladdin2007

I feel much the same way. I'd rather see the pavilions we already have expanded to provide a greater, more in-depth experience because I'm afraid if we got new countries they'd be small "B ticket" pavilions like Italy.

Yeah true probably would end up like Italy. Unfortunatley TDO sees World Showcase as a mall apparently, and could care less about attractions or in depth experiences.

mitros

Don't forget the boat ride that was supposed to be in Germany. There is a big warehouse to the right of the restaurant, which was originally supposed to house the Rhine River Ride, but it's just used for storage now.
The area is in back of the huge mural when you enter the Germany pavilion to the right of that little snack bar. {to the left is the diner theatre where you eat and listen to the live oompah bands.}

Sir_Cliff

That would be cool but Australia isn't a country. It's an island that has many countries on it. :animwink:
Oh no, when did this happen?!? I was out of the country for most of January and February, but I'm sure it still said Australia at the airport and they did accept my Australian passport...

What a way to find out your country has been dissolved!

I'd honestly rather see Australia added to Animal Kingdom rather than Epcot. That could be a major new land complete with an Outback exploration area and maybe a Rescuers Down Under dark ride or some kind of attraction.
I agree that AK would be a better option as Australia is really a natural fit, but then rumours for an Australia land seem to have completely dried up and I'm sure I heard that Joe Rhode said at some point it wasn't being considered... or was that Jim Hill? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom